FFB Guide - December 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thomas Jansen, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3, I am really enjoying the game now again after purchasing a Thrustmaster T-GT. (Great Wheel!)
    Could not make the game work with Fanatec CSL Elite Plus. Not sure what that means, but the game works great with my current wheel. Thanks and keep R3E top notch.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. nolive721

nolive721 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hwllo

Do you get brake lock feeling in the wheel? See my post above we have similar wheel base. Can you share your ffb settongs at all for comparison?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    There is no such thing as counter-steer force. Not in sim and not in a real car. The driver must apply the right amount of corrective steering. Understeer and oversteer are felt in the game as a slight lightening of the steeering, its subtle. If you want to make it more pronounced (but unrealistic) you can raise the understeer effect.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  4. RandMRacer

RandMRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This thread reminds me of the early Project Cars forum. Jack Spade where are you? :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    There is no specific effect for braking in relation to FFB. Weight transfer under brakes can be felt as heavier steering, again it is subtle, but can be made more pronounced by raising the vertical element of steering forces. There will be no shaking or anything like that at the wheel when locking up for example.

6. Andrew_WOT1

Andrew_WOT1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I believe with slip effect enabled there will be some shudder, no? Pretty sure I am getting some.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. nolive721

nolive721 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Would make sense so i will increase that effect
    The bass shakers are working well so i am not too much bothered but that would be a nice addition not a must

8. RandMRacer

RandMRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Game gets updated and you have to buy a new wheel? Not sure I would call that a good solution.

9. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    No. Def not a good solution or situation. If I had loved my Fanatec gear, I would never had sold it. Nor bought something else. But, being that always had trouble and then poor Fanatec service, I had no choice. It just so happens that after doing so, the FFB is so much better.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Someone thinks this comment is funny. Strange. But, I have to remember we're dealing with simracers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. nolive721

nolive721 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I had bad experience with the csl elite wheel too, quality issues and too much rubbery ffb for my taste and thus despite hours of tuning.their customer service was good though and i recently bought csl elite pedals that seem ok so far. I have the tspc racer as my main rig wheel now and i can understand why you like your tgt,working very well for me in RRE and all my oher sims

12. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +486 / 0 / -0
    Correct, slip effect is set to zero with the new default setup. And i suspect this is what some people are missing.

13. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Okay.
    I already tried these settings and if I go over the curbs (e.g. in Hockenheim) it depends on the turn but sometimes it goes strongly to the outside towards the green or strongly back to the track.
    It is - in my eyes - very strong and not comparable to reality.

I got the tip of reducing sawtooth to 0%.

Can anyone confirm - with all Direct Input Efects of the different waveforms to 100% - this effect on the curbs or is there something wrong with my setup?

I have a SC2 Pro, Overall strength currently only 60%, but after a few laps...well it starts to hort in the wrist...

S.

14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    I run 10% which gives a little "texture" to corners, you could increase it which would give some vibration as the wheels lock under brakes but would feel really weird the rest of the time. It's not really what it's there for.

15. Andrew_WOT1

Andrew_WOT1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    With kerb effect at 0 in game, direct input filter value has no effect, it acts as a multiplier for what game sends out.

16. Andrew_WOT1

Andrew_WOT1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    With SC2 I am getting that even with lower Slip settings. Why generic tire slip effect is not for locking brakes, isn't that what happens, that is tires start slipping.

17. Mixer49

Mixer49 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    How do I recover the Simucube 2 profile that was erased by mistake ?

Thanks

18. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hmm with Kerb Vibrations 0% is there any feedback if I go onto them ?
    I´d like to get that feedback if I´m on the kerbs....

S.

19. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You can try edit the rcs file, I'm on SC1 but with std cfg any kerb effect pulled the wheel to either side way to much. Currently I'm using this with all effects at 100% in SC sofware:
    Code:
    FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.01"
    FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.2"
    FFB rumble strip wave type="0"
    FFB rumble strip pull factor="0.0"
    I first tried to change the pull factor, but that did not have any impact.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  20. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    My settings
    FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.4" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    FFB rumble strip freq mult="2.0" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
    FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down. FFB rumble strip pull factor="0.2" //

• Informative Informative x 1