FFB Guide - December 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thomas Jansen, Dec 12, 2019.

1. viper093

viper093 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello! I have a steering wheel-base Fanatec CSL Elite + CSL pedals (with LoadCell) and after the last physics update I can’t find good settings for it (((Tell me, can anyone really have a good working version of the settings for the steering wheel-base and the FFB-settings inside the game?

2. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson

Has there been time to get this information for us?

Apologies if this has already been answered but I'm trying to find out (preferably from the Devs) which of the following Direct Input signals can/cannot be sent from the game:

Sine Wave
    Square Wave
    Sawtooth
    Triangle

Some seem to be inconsistent when viewed with the SC2 as in they switch between inactive/active.

3. Mos

Mos New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I write here because with this update I do not get the steering wheel T500RS to work well for me and not for the settings themselves, but for a swing that appears a few minutes after playing. I want to say that I have managed to adjust the parameters more or less to have a correct FFB for all cars, I am not a purist of these details and I get used to driving, but the same thing always happens to me and that is after a few minutes, 10 or 15, if you are circling with any car, the steering wheel acts swinging sideways. The forces of the steering wheel begin to exert a very annoying left and right force that unbalance the vehicle. Above all, it happens in straight lines because when I reach the curves I dominate those forces and we get to correct until the next straight.
    The funny thing is that when this happens to me, I modify some parameter of the FFB and it works fine for a while until it does what I previously mentioned.
    I must also say that in other simulators, rfactor2, Assetto Corsa, ACC, the steering wheel works correctly.
    Anyone have an idea of what may be happening?

• Like Like x 1
  4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Same happens to me sometimes with t300 and i know atleast one more person with t500 who had the same bug (or still has). Compared to you tho i have it relatively easy, it happened to me maybe once or twice in last few events. I can confirm it with Greenwood and BMW dtm 2016, i wonder if its soemthing with old physics and new ffb

5. khveenstra

khveenstra New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have exactly the same Fanatec setup and I'm quite pleased how it works with the new FFB update. I have tested it quite extensively and found the optimal settings as described below:

Force feedback intensity 100
    Smoothing 0
    FF Spring 0
    FF Damper 5

Steering force intensity 70
    FF Minimum force 0
    Understeer 40
    Vertical load 70
    Lateral force 55
    Steering rack 50

Slip Effect 10
    Engine vibrations 1
    Kerb 20
    Shift 10
    Collision 0

On the CSL Elite wheel:
    Sen Aut
    FF 100
    SHO Off
    ABS Off
    DRI -2
    FOR 100
    SPR Off
    DPR 100
    BrF 30
    FEI 0

With these settings I can feel the road and sense when the car loses grip. Please let me know if this works for you as well.

6. 1andOnly

1andOnly New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I also have accuforce and am struggling a bit to get the same good ffb as before update. For me the problem is also that after coming close to acceptable ffb I quit the game and open it in few days time and the ffb is completelůy different even though I start it with the same SC4 profile and make no change to ffb inside the game. Same track, same car, same setup but ffb strenght is like tripple. Has happened to me many times and it is tiring to tweak ffb every time i go to RRR.

7. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "1andOnly, post: 194348, member: 12857"] También tengo accuforce y estoy luchando un poco para obtener el mismo buen ffb que antes de la actualización. Para mí, el problema también es que después de acercarme a un ffb aceptable, dejé el juego y lo abrí en unos días y el ffb es completamente diferente a pesar de que lo inicio con el mismo perfil SC4 y no hago ningún cambio en ffb dentro del juego. La misma pista, el mismo auto, la misma configuración pero la fuerza ffb es como un triplete. Me ha sucedido muchas veces y es agotador ajustar ffb cada vez que voy a RRR. [/ QUOTE]
    same fault. but I just restart the game and the right forces are back

8. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  9. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Active Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Good afternoon, friends!

Does anyone have settings for TMX PRO(T150)?I'm dont getting a feeling of the track's unevenness. I feel like I'm driving on a perfectly flat road.

10. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    TM TS-PC, FFB works: i feel counter force when rotating the wheel. Other than that the FFB is absolutely lifeless. There is no mechanical grip feel during cornering. However....this is car dependent. The Porsche RUF has a pretty decent feel but th P2 cars are absolutely lifeless. This is a big disadvantage with a game with such a big field of cars: devs can't keep up with the updates.

• Like Like x 1
  11. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Active Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Is it okay that on a straight line FFB chart? And on all the straight lines it is. 211500_screenshots_20200109020612_1.jpg

In ACC, I feel bumps in the straight line, in R3E, no bumps. :confused: All setting to default.

12. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +486 / 0 / -0
    For those who have lifeless ffb.
    Raise your Steering Force Intensity until your green line peaks just below the red line.
    The ffb graph "mild clipping" or "zero clipping" on this picture is what you ffb graph should look like.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Active Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    I saw this picture on the Internet, but I couldn't get the point. Thank you for explaining it!

My FFB even when turning the steering wheel is too low, so it is now clear why it is even below the yellow line on a straight line.
    Thank you again!

• Like Like x 1
  14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Active Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, nothing helped. :(
    It feels like I'm driving on a perfectly smooth road.

15. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +486 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried to raise your FFB Minimum Force a bit, not too much, just a few %.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I, too owned a TMX, that was pre-december-update, but if I remember correctly my settings were similar to my current ones for the T 300. Default in Thrustmaster Control Panel and mostly default in-game. Had the min force upped to about 12 to 15% and added a good amount of slip effect of 40% to simulate some road texture. I was very pleased with the feel I could achieve with such a relatively weak wheel. With my T300 I just dropped min force to 2% but left slip effect quite high at 30. More detailed, more power now, but I liked the TMX a lot! Don't give up! It takes some fiddling but it's worth it. (Btw: I don't think the update ruined the possibilities for any given wheel)

• Like Like x 2
  17. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Active Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Friends, thanks for your help!:)
    But all this isn't helping. I spent two hours testing everything, but it's useless.

Went to the ACC - everything works fine (it's called dynamic depreciation or something) - there's even too much of that effect, even had to be reduced.
    I am a bit upset and hope it will be fixed, but for now I will drive without FFB on straight lines.

Don't know how to solve this problem - been reinstalling the profile, the steering wheel drivers, changing usb-ports - not helping.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  18. Mos

Mos New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I see that nobody has a solution to the problem that I have exposed. It keeps happening to me in every session I do and I don't like anything.
    Actually, I feel cheated because I bought the game for the fantastic FFB he had and now I find that every time I want to play I have problems. I do not understand that, being this a thread to solve FFB problems, there has been no developer who has made any comment to my request and that in 20 pages of thread with complaints about it have not done anything yet.
    Honestly, I would like to get my money back and leave the game definitely unless they considered going back to the FFB before.

19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    Hi. Sorry no-one replied. Things get missed sometimes. This is a known bug and it is being looked into. That doesn't help you right now but hopefully a solution will be found soon.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mos

Mos New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ouch !! It was very little to give an explanation.
    I am very happy about this.
    I hope you find the solution.