FFB Guide - December 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thomas Jansen, Dec 12, 2019.

1. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
  2. spitfire49

spitfire49 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Just wanted to say thanks very much for this set up...I have a G25 and apart from the Steering Force Intensity setting of 120
    being to strong, I've set my between 80 and 90 everything else worked perfectly with the new update. I can honestly say my
    wheel has never felt better, I can really feel what the car is doing and how to respond. I recommend anyone out there with a G25/27 to give this a try.

• Like Like x 1
  3. chrissav

chrissav New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys,

T 300 RS GT bought may 2020

Settings for Wheel provided by ravey are quite good. The only problem I have is that I don't feel the Tarmac on none of the tracks. If I drive in AC I feel the asphalt vibrations in provided tracks and in modded ones, but in raceroom I can just drive freehands and it doesn't feel right - I mean yeah, i can drive in my city freehand too, but am In wrong, when I say, a racecar has more Feedback? I never drove a real racecar except Focus RS from a friend and it vibrated like hell and hit my bottom on every small hole.

Is there stm I can tweak to feel more of the car itself? I mean the tow in corners, curbs etc is very good now with some minor tweaks.

Thank you in advance

4. nolive721

nolive721 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
  5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +541 / 0 / -0
    Try this control file ( you will need to rebind most of the controls as its my personal one). Put it in the folder docs/mygames/simbin/raceroom/userdata/controlsets

In your TM settings have everything at default

From using a lot of sims I will say that this is an area that Raceroom can definitly improve on, but this is the best I can get it currently.

Attached Files:

6. Sebastian Simons

Sebastian Simons New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey,
    i need your help with my CSW 2.5
    I have a huge problem with oscillate when the car is not moving or the engine is off.

Attached Files:

7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +339 / 0 / -0
    I have [DRI] at -2 as I found higher values to be too light and causing oscillation - but only while driving, not at standstill. Lower values were too much dampened for my taste. I still wonder why the default is on -5 though...doesn't make any sense to me as I can't imagine a scenario where this would be a good setting. o_O

8. Sebastian Simons

Sebastian Simons New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have change now the fanatec firmeware new and old but the same problem on every settings. Damn
    Yeah the standart settings are wierd not only the DRI, when i set FEI over 40 the wheel is so f***** strong

9. francis.beland

francis.beland New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I would like to know if there is any setting to change so I can feel oversteer on the wheel? Now, for me, it runs only on tire sound and it's often too late to catch it before the car spins. Logitech G25

10. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  11. zazadj

zazadj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good evening, I know it's a bit old as a post, but I wanted to ask how you set the fanatec steering wheel setup preferences instead? I found the advice on the Fanatec website but I would like to know if possible how you set those up too. Thanks so much

12. The_Ape

The_Ape New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone recommend settings for a CSL Elite PS4?

Have upgraded from a G29, and was expecting an improvement, but I'm still finding the ffb to be lacklustre; I'm getting no lateral forces or any sense of the road, apart from bumps and kerbs.

Spent some time adjusting settings (in-game and on-wheel) and I can have strong, constant resistance, or weak constant resistance but no feel of any kind.

13. zazadj

zazadj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello, I wait for my clubsport 2.5, I believe that the basic settings provided by Thomas in the initial post on page 1, should be excellent for those who own a 2.5, the only thing in my opinion to understand and how to dictate the driver's forces, the optimal settings are suggested on the fanatec page, but they will certainly refer to the old version of the ffb. then obvious or ffb is very personal. we hope to get an answer from some fanatec owners.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. nolive721

nolive721 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Go and look for ravey thread to customize rcs file to add road feel where needed.

It worked wonder on my TS PC RACER a wheel vey similar to yours from my experience

15. nolive721

nolive721 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
  16. The_Ape

The_Ape New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Cheers for the pointer, I had a look but needing to edit files just to create road feel in a driving sim, sorry no.

That notwithstanding, deleted the profiles and tried again and either ffb in this game is no longer working, or the ffb since December is just not for me; I need to accept the game for what it is, not what I want it to be and cut my loses and move on.

Thanks for the help though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nolive721

nolive721 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hear you but i used to be an automotive engineer and so love tinkering things its terrible lol

Dont give up on RRE though
    its still a great game even on stock lacklustre FFB as you feel it

18. Jeff Heath

Jeff Heath New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello.

I've just started on RaceRoom. I have a TSPC. I've used the default ffb but also tried some of the ones recommended throughout this thread. When using any of the recommendations I seem to get a 'buzzing' through the wheel (like it's constantly producing a very low ffb) - anyone know what setting causes this?

It's not something I experience on any other SIM and I don't feel it on the stock RR ffb settings but I can't seem to narrow down which setting causes it.

Thanks for any help anyone can give

19. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jeff! If you changed some settings in your rcs file, then that constant buzz you're talking about could be caused by "ffb steer vibe" there are 4 lines that modulate that effect, and it's very experimental playing with those values, because they feel extremely different from wheel to wheel. Try setting them back to zero and test again.
    Also, if you have slip effect enabled in-game, there's a setting for the frequency of that effect located in the rcs. It was increased to 5 per rotation of the cars tyre. I found that a tad too high for my taste since it felt a bit like buzzing, too and I went back to the former default of 1 for that frequency.
    Hope that helps.

Oli

20. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    yes
    if you have
    ffb slip freq multiplier="5.0"

test that
    ffb slip freq multiplier="2.0"

• Agree Agree x 2