FFB Guide - December 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thomas Jansen, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Jeff Heath

Jeff Heath New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply. I haven't changed anything in the files - only the in game control panels

2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +339 / 0 / -0
    Possibly engine vibrations tuned up too high? Just an idea...

• Like Like x 1
  3. SonnyTron

SonnyTron New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why does it feel like I'm steering through a bucket of mud? There's no resistance in my wheel.
    Fanatec CS 2.5, drift -3, i have vertical and lateral loads at default, didn't decrease FFB level (it's still 100%) and I feel like there's no resistance at all. I just turn the wheel and it turns like sludge but it doesn't feel like actual resistance. It just feels like I'm turning the wheel with the power off.
    Basically it feels like no FFB at all. Newest drivers on CS 2.5.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    When you go to your car setup there's a FFB intensity slider (this is a per-car setting) and I suppose it is set a bit low by default. Try it if it helps.

5. nolive721

nolive721 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I second that, you need to raise this a few notches because its slightly low as default for my TS PC racer that is belt driven wheel like yours

Although my experience is not as bad as you are sharing but FFB is subjective person to perso i believe

6. Petro1head

Petro1head New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just changed from a Fanatec CSW 2.5 to a DD2. Struggling to get it to feel right.

The main issue and its hard to explain so bare with me. When you turn the wheel into a bend its feels like its starts to pull the wheel round.

Why is this, assumeing yu understand my description :)

7. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    If it's pulling the wheel into the corner rather than back to center then you might have to have a look at the steering settings. Change the setting for 'inverted force feedback' and see if that cures it.

Oli

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  8. Petro1head

Petro1head New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. According to Fanatec that what i have it set to

9. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 0 / -0
    @Petro1head check your settings compared to my post here.
    I use a DD1 daily and there are DD2s at the office so our settings and the in-game profiles are well refined.

10. SonnyTron

SonnyTron New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My CSW 2.5 settings with Formula V2 for someone who likes strong FFB and differential between being near the limit and losing traction:
    Force Feedback Intensity: 100%
    Smoothing: 0%
    Force Feedback Spring: 0%
    Force Feedback Damper: 30%

Steering Force Intensity: 75%
    Force Feedback Minimum Force: 0%
    Understeer: 15%
    Vertical Load: 50%
    Lateral Force: 50%
    Steering Rack: 30%

Slip Effect: 15%
    Engine Vibrations: 0%
    Kerb Vibrations: 20%
    Shift Effect: 0%
    Collision Effect: 15%

Settings from OP felt too numb and lifeless for me, it felt like there wasn't enough resistance in the wheel when I was at the limit at Spa and Imola. I couldn't "push" the car enough because it felt too easy to turn so I constantly understeered and went into the dirt. These settings give me a good feeling of losing grip or being near the limit and enough resistance to actually know the steering feel. After these settings I felt like RRRE has 'similar' FFB to other sims that I expected and the FFB felt more realistic and less arcade-like. This is subjective, you might not like these settings.

11. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    As a lifelong avoider of annoyanceo_O (Anstrengungsverweigerer) and recent owner of a FFB wheel I`m asking myself why the wheels aren´t set up the opposite way: easy when you are in the grip corridor and tough when your understeering? Wouldn´t that be the perfect feedback? I know it´s unrealistic but still ...:cool:

12. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    This is not exactly an FFB issue but am I the only one that can't get the autorotation working with G Hub and a G29?

13. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    Reverse the ffb in game settings and you will feel why

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 0 / -0
    Youre not the only one. A recent ghub update seems to have brought some issues but for me simply closing ghub got rid of the problem

15. aurelien b

aurelien b New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I think your post is very interesting but...incomplete what settings are you using on your wheel/fanalab?
    I tried the ADAC2018 cars to practice for a race on DubaiGP, and I feel the ffb was so "flat" and liveless, that I almost uninstalled raceroom. I think it is just a matter of settings to get it right, but as far as I looked on the web, most people are struggling with the ffb on csw 2.5 since the big "last 2019" update
    Thanks.

16. Skev

Skev New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Interestingly since moving to a CSW v2.5 from my T300 I've found the FFB much improved. Likely much to do with the fact that I had some recommended settings as a base from the Fanatec forums. A lot of settings can be quite daunting to a newcomer.
    I'm using fairly similar settings to @SonnyTron and have applied some additional road feel as detailed by @ravey1981 here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/t300-bumps-and-road-vibration-experimental.14537/

17. aurelien b

aurelien b New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I started with the recommended settings from the fanatec forum but still something is missing for me in the informations from the force feedback.

18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +541 / 0 / -0
    The "road feel" or vibrations is something that isn't really that good at the moment. Hence why I have experimented on my wheel adding in some canned effects. The ffb at the moment deals primarily with steering forces and weight shifts rather than trying to replicate the fine grain of the track surface (most other sims use effects for this too). There is some work going on behind the scenes looking at improving this, but it will have to be developed to a standard that is high enough for release before that makes it into the game, when or if that will be who can say.

I don't have a Fanatec wheel but several people have said the things I have looked at in the meantime for TM wheels are worthwhile. If you choose to experiment with your own wheel file you may find something that works for you.

• Agree Agree x 1