FFB Guide - Fanatec DD1 & DD2 - December 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 16, 2019.

1. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Great, I was hoping this might be the case.. Jumping from car to car in a different series can be a tremendous jump in effort to (what feels like) steering force. Even in the GT3 class which I would have assumed had been updated in this regard? - the defaults from the Nissan to the newer Porsche is pretty significant.. I have to drop the multiplier by over 35% to get it close. Not to be negative - as man this latest update has brought me back to raceroom after more than half a year absent. It's really a wonderful update..

2. kosletten

kosletten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm using the DD1 settings (With some minor changes.) recommended by Alex and everything is feeling pretty good.
    FFB Multipliers do need to be adjusted with some cars.

PC driver: 352
    Wheel Base Firmware: 669
    Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 38
    FANATEC_PROP.jpg FFB1.jpg FFB2.jpg
    KO

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Well Alex's suggestion of 35 for the DD2 seems far to aggressive for a power assisted steering car (even 25 seems a bit high for a modern Gt3/4 car).. I almost wonder if the multiplier for each car should be set tp ~"1" at that high a steering force number. You might try "35" for steering force.. and make sure you hit reset on the steering for each car in the car setup options. I realized I had several of those set all over the place.

Also thank you for the link - I will give it a go this evening! Appreciate it..

• Like Like x 1
  4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Hi Alex,
    So this is totally new for me. Thought it's like an old amplifier, where you set the source as high as it don't go above the red line and set the FFB strength on the wheel to the personal ability.

Is it a better performance the other way round, as you did it? Thought that the lower FFB details could get lost if the source is too low.

5. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Alex for your settings!!!!!!!!!!
    For me it feels fine :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 0 / -0
    Hey there guys,

first: thanks Alex for sharing your (updated) settings, they are awesome!

One thing I wanted to mention, if you are using the newest beta driver (352) and also most of the older ones, I would recommend to use FFB intensity [FEI] = 80 (or below) !

Otherwise you may get here and there some heavy FFB thumps out of nowhere, which are not really related to any real FFB signal.

In ACC they are completely gone with using 80 FEI , in raceroom they still appear, but only very lightly and not that often. Except that, the newest beta driver feels awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  7. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the great settings!
    Good plan. After installing 352 drivers and new firmware I can hear a strange noise and experienced kind of a slight scraping feeling. Hard to explain but it doesn't sound healthy so that I will return to previous drivers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +238 / 0 / -0
    Most likely you had the [FEI] setting over 80, then you will get a lot of random ffb thumps like posted above.
    Appart from that the FFB feeling is on another level with the 352 driver. Definitely worth trying.

Keep in mind you also have to update the motor firmware to 38 (the Fan will go in full mode until you updated)
    and after that you have to recalibrate.
    03.jpg
    Screenshot - 18_12.jpg

Here are the settings which are working pretty good so far

In-Game settings for Raceroom (from Alex):
    • FFB intensity: 100%
    • Smoothing: 0%
    • FFB Spring: 0%
    • FFB Damper: 5%
    • Steering Force Intensity: 45%
    • FFB Mini Force: 0%
    • Understeer; 17%
    • Vertical Load: 50%
    • Lateral Force: 50%
    • Steering Rack: 30%
    • everything else: User preference
    Wheelbase settings (with new features):
    • [SEN] : Auto
    • [FF] : 100
    • [LIN] : off
    • [NDP] : 10
    • [NFR] : 5
    • [NIN] : off
    • [INT] : 4
    • [FEI] : 70 (don't go above 80! because of random FFB thump problem)
    • [FOR] : 100
    • [SPR] : 0
    • [DPR] : 100 (should be always at 100, only adjust over ingame setting!)
    • [ABS] : User pref.
    • [SHO] : User pref.
    • [BRF] : Max / User pref.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  9. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    INT 4 works very good for me.
    Otherwise the instrutictions above are fantastic!

• Like Like x 1
  10. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +238 / 0 / -0
    INT 4 works perfectly! But FEI should be reduced to 70, that way you don't get any random FFB spikes, with 80 it's still a littlebit noticeable. 90 and 100 shouldn't be used at the moment, they also don't add any additional feeling, only making the FFB spikes really heavy. So 70 is safe and 80 still useable.

Changed the INT value in the post, thank you :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +238 / 0 / -0
    I'm going back to the standard 335 driver. Too many things were reported in the official fanatec beta forum and I don't want to damage anything. :confused:

Everybody else who still wants to beta test, should at least keep the settings above in mind. And also should take a look into the beta forum before using any beta driver.

The feeling with the newest beta driver is definitely much better, but the side effects and possible damage risks are not worth it.

Just wanted to inform you guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your settings. Mine were already similar and I tried a lot to solve that scraping noise but it remained. So I downgraded yesterday to 346 and it is fine again. I just didn't want to risk any damage although the new driver felt more detailed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I skimmed the forum and it seems I was not the only one with this issue in R3E. Somebody posted around 1h ago that his DD1 even died. Doesn't have to be related to the driver but all in all the feedback is worrying. As a side note: I love that peaceful place here :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    Anyone had an issue on the new 352 driver with the the wheel going uncontrollably back and forth when they hit the drive button?

15. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello @Alex Hodgkinson
    With the new physics and the new FFB and your setup, we feel much better the work of the suspensions :hearteyes:, but on the other hand we feel much less the roughness of the track. Is this normal? Is this the direction you want to take? I agree with that. I just want to know if my setup is ok.

16. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I just don't like what Fanatec does with their drivers. Personally I don't think they have a good handle on it. So many problems over many months. Switched to Thrustmaster as crazy as it sounds. I'm much happier. TM seems a much more stable setup to me.

17. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So should we choose the new default profiles with the today's hotfix ?

18. mart1968

mart1968 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am sorry to say but i cant get it to work for me on the DD1. Deleted everything and did a fresh install. Did not help.
    Beside the Force Feedback i did not like anymore my pedals (Club Sport V3) vibrating now in every corner even if i turn off vibration.

19. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Running with Fanalabs?

20. mart1968

mart1968 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes using Fanalab