FFB Guide - Fanatec DD1 & DD2 - December 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 0 / -0
    Default Fanatec DD profiles were developed only with none-beta software. Ie. driver 335 and not using Fanalab.

2. mart1968

mart1968 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Was using standard driver when the update came. Did switch to Beta driver because i was not happy with what i got. Hoping to make it better.

3. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Then I think you have a setting in Fanalab enabled which triggers the almost continuous pedal rumble. Not behind my rig now to check. Was it rumble when you drive a certain speed in Fanalab?

4. mart1968

mart1968 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don´t be worry to much about the rumble. The missing feedback in the force feedback is what bother me most. The rumble is just a annoying side note.
    And i am sure that the rumble want to tell me slip and understeer what i would like to feel in the wheel.

5. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Alex Hodgkinson,
    I just bought a Formula V2 steering wheel, I am with your settings and I have violent oscillations with certain cars, can you tell me which parameter to change to avoid this? Thanks

6. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 0 / -0
    Which cars are you finding that with?

7. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It happens to me when I enter the track, tested with the C7 GTR3 and the FR3.

8. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson

I drive a little more this weekend, it happens with all cars. As soon as I get in the car there is a kind of vibration (I have the engine vibration setting set to 0) and if I don't hold the steering wheel, it amplifies and the steering wheel goes crazy.

9. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Alex Hodgkinson
    I Still have this issue, any advice about what I can do? Maybe increase Natural Friction in Fanatec driver ?

Thanks

10. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 0 / -0
    Hello! Are you on Discord, and do you know of anyone else who is experiencing the same thing?

11. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I was getting this on a DD2 but only in the pits before I’d start. I’d get a slight vibration and then violent shaking.

I I altered the natural fiction and dampening and that seemed to cure it.

i altered

12. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yes I'm on Discord.
    It does not seem to me that in my league (RFRO), someone has the same configuration (DD2 + Formula V2 + R3E)

I have Alex's values for natural friction (10) and natural damper (5), how much do you have now?

13. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I just double checked - They are 10 and 5 - However Natural Inertia is also set to 5 and the FFB interpolation filter is at 7

For me it was only when the car was at a stand still that this would occur.. Usually it was in the pits (honestly that's the only place I remember it). It would start with a small wiggle and then a second or two later be horrible violent. I have my steering intensity pretty low too (like 25-28 depending on wheel attached).

14. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I don't use beta drivers so I don't have Interpolation Filter.

@Alex Hodgkinson
    I really don't know what to change so as not to alter the force feedback while avoiding these violent oscillations.

15. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 0 / -0
    Increasing the natural damper and friction on the wheel will help, as will increasing damping by a small amount in game.

Interested to read you said you have it with some cars - which cars are they?

• Like Like x 1
  16. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    In fact I was wrong, it happens with all cars like I said before

17. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hello!

I tried to increase the natural damper to 25 and the natural friction to 10, first separately then at the same time, it always does the same thing.
    I tried to increase the damper in the game. It always does the same thing.
    I even tried to lower the FEI to 90, it doesn't change anything.

18. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    after a lot of forums and settings... my dd 1 feels broken. sure... after playing Rf2 ACC.. when I came back to this game., is there any news upcomming?

19. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a problem with Raceroom, I created a profile for each of my wheel rims (McLaren GT3, BMW, Porsche GT3R, Formular), but always when I change the wheel and choose the correct profile all of the saved bindings are lost and stated as DISCONNECTED in the binding section. This is really a mess and I can‘t understand if it‘s the driver, FanaLab or the game itself. Does somebody has a hint, or fix for this issue?

Using a DD1 with 356 driver and FanaLab 1.24.

20. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Any news?? DEVS... mr Hodkinson? My dd feels broken. On my g27 it feels good. Now its broken. Please repair this!