FFB Guide - Fanatec DD1 & DD2 - December 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 16, 2019.

1. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hello @Alex Hodgkinson , hope you are fine.

Which wheel do you use?
    Do you have the possibility of obtaining a Formula V2 from Fanatec in order to reproduce the issue ?

Have a nice day

2. kosletten

kosletten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have to shut the DD1 off when I change wheels while the game is running. After I change the wheel and restart the base I can the select the correct profile with all binding intact.
    Also when I created the profiles for each wheel I had to exit the game, change the wheel, start the game then create a new profile for that wheel starting with the default DD1 profile. Repeat for each wheel.

KO

3. Groove

Groove New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Made an account just to say thanks to all those who have posted about DD1 settings. Tonight was my last attempt to try and get something working on RRR and then I was going to give up. Id tried so many different sets of settings from across the Googles and nothing was working for me. It felt horrible. But I knew there was a great game in here and I was prepared for one more night of faffing around.

And ive cracked based on the settings posted in here.......Yes...I KNEW this game could be awesome ;-)

THanks ALL

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing that here @Groove - I'm glad you've got it running sweetly!

Now go spread the word :D

5. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks I will try that.

6. Mike Woller

Mike Woller New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys, I`m new here. I use a DD1 and struggled a lot with finding the best FFB setup for the WB and also in-game sttings:
    But this one are great! (y) (y) Thanks a Lot! Finally I feel enough FFB especially with old Formulas.

In-Game settings for Raceroom (from Alex):
    • FFB intensity: 100%
    • Smoothing: 0%
    • FFB Spring: 0%
    • FFB Damper: 5%
    • Steering Force Intensity: 45%
    • FFB Mini Force: 0%
    • Understeer; 17%
    • Vertical Load: 50%
    • Lateral Force: 50%
    • Steering Rack: 30%
    • everything else: User preference
    Wheelbase settings (with new features):
    • [SEN] : Auto
    • [FF] : 100
    • [LIN] : off
    • [NDP] : 10
    • [NFR] : 5
    • [NIN] : off
    • [INT] : 4
    • [FEI] : 70 (don't go above 80! because of random FFB thump problem)
    • [FOR] : 100
    • [SPR] : 0
    • [DPR] : 100 (should be always at 100, only adjust over ingame setting!)
    • [ABS] : User pref.
    • [SHO] : User pref.
    • [BRF] : Max / User pref.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dogge Wotan

Dogge Wotan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  8. Mike Woller

Mike Woller New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Driver 352.

Why is that [SPR] : 0 but the [DPR] at 100?

Does this DD setting also work with other games or does it only fit with RaceRoom?

9. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I personally let both at 100 in all sims, so that I don't miss anything if the game make use of those. In Raceroom SPR is not used afaik, thus 0 or 100 will give same result, zero spring force.

@Alex Hodgkinson I'm new to DD, any reason why you maximized FF on wheel rather than Steering Force Intensity in game? Until now I've always adjusted first gain n SFI in game (n per car gain in setup if ever) to get maximum signal amplitude output (without clipping on the ingame FFB meter in game), trying to make sure to not loose details.
    Btw I've just drove the M6 GT3 around Nordschleife and had a real blast with the FFB, amazing :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  10. Dogge Wotan

Dogge Wotan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Mike Woller, Fanatec drivers 352 are beta, just too dangerous for me. My system is running stable

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Mike Woller

Mike Woller New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, ask me exactly the same. I NEVER put my DD above 60 or 65 FFB... now with 100 its insane but in a good way! :D

You only need to try and trust :D

12. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Yeah right, gonna try

13. Dogge Wotan

Dogge Wotan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welche Erfahrungen haben Sie mit den Beta-Treibern von Fanatec für DD1 / DD2 gemacht? PositiV?

14. kosletten

kosletten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson I'm trying to add a new wheel with Podium Hub, but when I make a new profile there are always two instances of "Fanatec Podium Wheel Base DD1" in the profile with one of them showing as a Missing Device.
    Other 4 wheel profiles work as they should.
    2020-04-15 1120 0001.jpg 2020-04-15 1230 0001.jpg Fanprop.png

15. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 0 / -0
    @kosletten this is because the default profile you're loading has some pre-assigned buttons which it shouldn't have. If you click edit assignments, you will be able to see what is already assigned. Can you go there and show what you see to me so we can rectify it?

16. kosletten

kosletten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That was it, Shift Up (Alternative) and Shift Down (Alternative) were assigned but Disconnected. Deleted and all is good now.
    That was easy fix after a couple hours of head scratching and mumbling things under my breath.
    Thanks,
    KO

17. Groove

Groove New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmm......need some help again guys , not sure what im doing wrong here but ive got massive oscillation in the wheel , tested 3 cars at zandvoort tonight and all exhibiting it

BMW M3 1992 DTM
    Porsche Cayman GT4 CS MR
    Mercedes AMG GT3
    So bad if i let go it will just flip its mind out and take your arm off ;-)

Fanatec DD1 , here are my current settings ( yes ive been fiddling from the suggested a bit to try and get rid if it )

Ive turned up the Steering FOrce intensity from orevious recomendations as my FFB meter wasnt even going over about 20/25%

rr1.PNG rr2.PNG rr3.PNG rr4.PNG rr5.PNG

18. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 0 / -0
    You absolutely do not need minimum force at anything other than 0% with a DD wheel, that will cause crazy oscillations.
    Natural inertia should be bumped up a bit too.

19. Groove

Groove New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey Alex thanks for the reply ... I’ve wound that minimum force off now and gone back to the settings at the beginning of this thread , just took an AMG GT3 out and still getting them ...

how much NiN do you suggest ? It’s the last piece of the puzzle getting this oscillation out , I love the driving and viscaral nature so much ( compared to my usual iRacing diet it just puts a smile on face rather than making me swear )

20. Groove

Groove New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Did a bit of reading about the Dynamic FFB settings in Fanalab , also sounds like this could help so will have a play with that I think . Not sure I completely understand the steering angle slider but hoping testing will make it clearer ,