FFB Guide - Fanatec DD1 & DD2 - December 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, you're using Fanalab, ok. I'm not experienced in that yet, mainly because I'm concerned about what the side effects of making that switch will be. I'll fire up my rig and get back to you on values I use.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Groove

Groove New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So had a play before work this morning ( the joys of working from home at the moment ) and ive made some progress. Oscillation is gone with the following settings in Fanalab ( added some NiN as advised and tweaked the Dynamic FFB a bit......adding damping over 100mph at acute wheel angle ) Not 100% sure which of the two fixed it , ill revisit for extended testing later.

Have to be honest Im a little confused with all the Damping options ( NDP , DPR and now the Dynamic setting ) im not sure im dialling out things I should have coming through by using them.

If you havnt seen it they talk about how this Dynamic FFB works at 1:25 on in this video

rrnew1.PNG rrnew2.PNG

3. BarneyZ_BLN

BarneyZ_BLN New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My final settings with DD2:
    (Works well with e.g. Porsche 911 Cup, 911 GT3 R, RSR, ...with other cars the FFB could be too strong)
    Driver v3.52 / Firmware 669 / Motor Firmware 38

Fanalab is not active
    SEN: Auto
    FFB: 80
    LIN: OFF
    NDP: 10
    NFR: 5
    NN: OFF
    INT: 4
    FEI: 60
    FOR: 100
    SPR: OFF
    DPR: 100

DD2_Ingame_Settings_01.PNG DD2_Ingame_Settings_02.PNG DD2_Ingame_Settings_03.PNG

4. Groove

Groove New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don’t k ow how you cope without running Fanalab , I must have 30 profiles stored across all the sims I use ! Got at least 10 different ones for ACC alone

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BarneyZ_BLN

BarneyZ_BLN New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Too much sims for me ;) I drive only two and there only a few different cars.
    Ok, if Fanalab is required, then at least for RaceRoom disable the Dynamic FFB.

6. Groove

Groove New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Anybody know the extend of today’s changes to DD1 and DD2 in the patch ?

hoping I don’t need to go back and fiddle as I hit the sweet spot previously .

7. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Alex Hodgkinson
    Did you change something in new rcs or just value ingame?
    Can you explain modifications please? (I see, damper 0, understeer 30, steering force intensity 50)

8. PolarClaw

PolarClaw New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This are nearly the same settings as mine.
    Differences are only some taste:
    wheel:
    FEI 90 (not 100 because RaceRoom has sometimes jolts)
    in game:
    FFB damper 8
    vertical load 40
    lateral force 60 (I like a clearer load feedback from the front tyres)
    slip effect 6 (with a reduced ffb slip freq multiplier to 0.3 to feel clearer the slip instead of only vibrations)
    engine, kerb, shift 0
    collision 6

I like the RaceRoom FFB and the setting options to dial it to me liking. I get all FFB to feel the car incl. most SoP.

9. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 0 / -0
    Yes, those tweaks you noticed, plus a change to the understeer effect. Inspired by another title, I looked at how it's implemented and changed the frequency it works at so it mimics the slight vibration you get when a tyre starts scrubbing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your answer!
    Understeer or slip effect ?
    That's why you raise it at 30?
    What is the result of removing damper ?

11. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, you're right, I meant slip effect. It's not set at 3% instead of 0% previously. It's intended to be a very subtle layer.
    Damper no longer needed as recent tyre developments are no longer prone to the oscillations we've always been plagued with.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    ok thank you, I'm not a big fan of this kind of effect, maybe by persisting I'll get used to it.

Is increasing from 17 to 30 the understeer also a consequence of the new tire model?

About the damper and the oscillations, I always have violent ones with my formula V2 when I click on driving and that I do not have a hand on the steering wheel :confused:

13. PolarClaw

PolarClaw New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So this means if we changed the ffb slip freq multiplier in the used control set we should set it back to 1.0? Or how is this new freq implemented?

14. Coanda

Coanda New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This file does not exist.. Any chance you could please upload it again sometime..?

15. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Use
    Dd2 default profile
    Or
    Dd2 default profil alternative

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Coanda

Coanda New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that, although Alex mentions he made a few small changes compared to those in game profiles.. Unless this is old info and they are in the game now..

17. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    I believe Alex is now using the default profile. If he goes through here, he can confirm

• Like Like x 1