ffb is terrible after 15th March update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cesar Maranhao, Mar 15, 2018.

1. The Oligopolist

The Oligopolist New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I tried removing the entire Raceroom folder from my documents and started from scratch, but the funky FFB still persists.
    There's a good 20 degrees of rotation where the FFB is just dead unless I apply a good amount of minimum force and then it feels even worse.
    If there's any further testing I can do to try and locate the problem please let me know.

2. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I also tried that without luck. Last Friday was up until 3am trying to get it working, doing the craziest things and nothing succeeded. We need your help Sector 3!

3. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @Cesar Maranhao Because this issue is not affecting everyone I think it will be harder to diagnose.

4. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I understand that. But we know that before the last update everyone was happy. so, we need a patch to revert things to how they were before, sounds easy (maybe it isn't).

5. R. Kipker

R. Kipker New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    All is fine with me as well, no change.

6. GR18

GR18 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, the problem is not only with Fanatec, my logitech G920 is affected too.

7. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    good evening, anything I can do to help solve these ffb problems we are having since the last update?

8. GR18

GR18 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it just me or the FFB feel much better now?

9. The Oligopolist

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Still no improvement for me, unfortunately.

10. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Since I am not at the computer I hope it is not just you. Any change you made? Let me know, this problem is driving me nuts.

11. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Mine is still bad. I wish they would put it back to what is was before the last update.

12. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @Eddie Ellis What is your current content build ID? It should be 2609747.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    mine is bad aswell

14. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    where can I check this?

Sector 3, With this free for all weekend, it is a shame if you loose some sales due to a problem with ffb.

15. GR18

GR18 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Windows crashed (blue screen), when I was changing the settings for the FFB, after that it feels bad again

16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Right click on RaceRoom in steam and select properties. In the window that appears, select the local files tab. Then look at the bottom and it will tell you the content build ID #.

I doubt there will be a fix for whatever the issue might be this weekend. As far as I know, no one is able to reproduce the issue and the changes in the March update that might have caused a problem for some people were reverted in a hotfix.

If you dont have the same content # that Paul mentions above... that might be the problem.

17. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    my version 2609747

do you think a complete uninstall and install again would help?

18. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    In Steam it is 2609747 like you said. The first screen of the game shows 0306312 on startup if that means anythingMy FFB actually got worse a day after others first had the problem, so updates can be slow in Steam. Increasing the FFB spring from 0 to 6 helped a little, but it's still really bad now. The front end just feels like it's under-steering really bad on ice, and this is with setups that have been really good for me and others until last week. I've started changing the under-steer numbers in the FFB settings, but there are two settings for this in the game menu with no real explanation of what each one does. I may go into the controlset rcs file tomorrow and try some old school editing. I guess I should start by forcing a steam file verification first.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's what they did, which makes this issue all the more strange. Sorry but I haven't followed the whole thread, have you guys made sure to delete or rename the game's documents folder and start with a completely fresh set of files?

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. The Oligopolist

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I tried this earlier on and it had no effect, but I noticed there was a small 70 meg update the other day and the FFB still didn't feel like it used to, but I tried deleting the folder in my documents again just now and re-setting everything up and now it's feeling much better. :)

• Like Like x 1