FFB stationary friction to heavy, SC1

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Jens Roos, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Using Simucube 1, on some cars the stationary friction is very heavy and often make my wheel oscillate if I don't keep an hand on it, example group c, dtm 2020 but on most gt4 it works fine.

I have change the "FFB stationary friction" from default 0.5 to even 0.0 with little to no impact.
    Only when using "FFB stationary friction speed=0" it turns the function of, but then FFB is totally zero stationary instead.

Any suggestion?

2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Don't touch "FFB stationary friction speed"

FFB stationary friction is only used in the pits. I use 0.25

3. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Problem is that it's to heavy and the wheel starts oscillate by itself in maybe half the cars, unless I have an hand on the wheel at all times. Using friction value 0.25, 0.01 or 0.0000000001 have no change, seems it's an min value (that is to high) being applied.

4. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Use damping
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm not the biggest fan of using generic wheel based damping but I'll try your settings and see, the in-game damping did not help at all. However, the static friction value should also respond better on settings, on lowest it still very heavy imo.

Looks like I have been looking at the old github for newer fw and it's not updated any more, notice your setup page is different and there are newer ones at grantie devices. I'm on old 0.50.4 so I start update my wheel and see if it improves stuff.:)