FFB + Tyre Temp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by machwebb, Mar 18, 2015.

1. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I'm putting my neck out here for a potential barrage of stick, but I gotta say hats off to S3 for this.

It's the first time I've really noticed, but I was running a few online races from within the ADAC 14 experience and I noticed my FFB go kind of soft and lose a bit of power after a lap or two, and I was thinking at first, 'oh no it's my turn for t300 woes'....So I went back to the garage and drove off again...fine all the power and detail back again. A mate @Dgr was suggesting..."You don't supposed they have modelled tyre temperature into the feedback do you?, cause I'm getting the same thing.."

So I popped on HUD Dash....and Sure enough during a race it looked like the drop off in feedback was related to temperature. Generally At 90'+ the feedback seemed normal anything much below that I noticed the difference, not only that if I tried to reheat my tyres on track, the FFB came back to me. ...Am I going mad, because I've not noticed this before.

I tell you what, it made me drive faster!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I've just tried to repeat it 'offline' and within raceroom racing experince not the ADAC14..not reapeated....so maybe coninceidence....just gonna test offline from within ADAC14 the experience (NOPE - not repeated) I thought it might have been Tyre wear being on or off but nope) humm...back to work now :(

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  3. Dgr

Dgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Couldnt believe it myself to be honest, but it really does feel like dropping out of the temp 'sweetspot' affects the FFB. I will try and replicate it later on.

4. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    So what you guys saying is
    Temp <90 floaty ffb cause cold tyres
    Temp >90 precise ffb cause of optimal tyre temp
    correct?

5. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    This is what i understood too.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  6. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Cause I've always notice that the first 2 laps cars are undetsteering pretty visibly and then you start getting the right grip. But I've never pay so much attention to the ffb feeling going on there... Guess I'll make some tests and check as well!

7. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Yes that's it...though as above, I only noticed it in MP from the ADAC 14 multi-player. I also had spring and damper in my driver on 60%. (experimenting)

8. Dgr

Dgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Halfway through testing this my pedal mount has broken, so I will continue tonight once I have finished with the drill and duct tape.

9. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    It is not perfect, but yes, it matters. For me it is completly the opposite, at the firs couple of laps, i'm totally fine and comfortable with the car, but after that, im loosing traction... if i check it in dashmeter, at around the 5th lap my tires goes over 105 C, so basically i cook the tyres, and thats why i loose traction, and i can feel that in FFb as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dgr

Dgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Drei, I seem to have the exact opposite, I am struggling to keep temp in the tyres. Depends on car/track/setup though I would imagine.

11. Keith_D

Keith_D Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I noticed that from day one, pushing through some of the fast turns the car would run wide for the first few laps and then the grip came in, doesn't quite work that way for the AI though lol

12. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Report the AI! Cheaters! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    the AI physic is semplified in all ISI based games...and I guess in others all :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Had some more of this last night... Awful. it's not related to tyre ttemperature because it still happens when tyre wear is off. Tyres stay at 95'. it was doing it in MP and hot lapping challenging a leader board. Its not handling changes either, and not related to understeer, though it does massively affect the way I drive. It's driving a jelly car.

Could it be the T300 over heating ? My mates dfgt is the same. So?

@Georg Ortner said the wheel will go lighter, I just think it's a bit too much for me. I'd rather the feedback stayed the same, at least when tyre wear is off. Is there a setting in the controller file to reduce it.?

15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    does it not make sense that as the tires have less grip the wheel must therefor be lighter

16. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but Tyre wear was off. I just think the effect is too much. At first the ffb is really direct, and then really vague and soft....

17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Hey Mach I have a t300 and I never got what your describing. Do you want me to start a private chat with you and I'll share a couple screenshot of all my settings? See if you still get that, then I can try to replicate what you got on my side once we are both setup the same.

• Like Like x 1
  18. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    @MeMotS nice one mate... That would be very cool...

I think I've got to look at clipping... I'm gonna try lowering the forces right down and bring them back up gradually until I feel saturation in the feedback.... I may be pushing the wheel too hard ....

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  19. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I'm afraid I've learned the hard way about clipping..

I've just run for half hour without any of the settings above 100% In game. In fact ffb at 80% was brilliant. I may go lower still, but I had limited time at lunch.

No less force, and no drop off...

Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I've mine setup at 75%.
    I called it "Don't-Wake-Up-The-Sleeping-Wife" profile.
    Better FFB effects and less risk of sudden death. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1