FFB Update Discussion Thread (June 2021)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Thomas Jansen, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    For Logitech users, try this set up.[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    My opinion about the new FFB after an evening trying:

I really like it a lot. Weight transfer an DD1 is perfect, had a lot of fun with it, going with the rear end on the curb on exit of Schumacher-S and feel the car going into the dampers and out of it again.
    I really have to say, it's a huge step forward.

But one problem still, Like many others say: the wheel gets to hard while cornering. If I want to avoid that, I should go down with the setting, bit then the rest is too low.
    So my settings are that everything feels superb but cornering is too hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    New FFB is just great. big improvement. intuitive, realistic, immersive, best thing the devs could do. not as lively and communicative as RF2, but probably more realistic. It changed the entite R3E experience. it even proves and underlines how good the underlying physics are in general. sim hub basshakers, r3e sounds, reverb g2, with the new ffb are so perfectly in tune. A blast!

Though i understand the many people who dislike the change, since indeed its a completely different „language“. It needs some time to get used to it, and higher torque wheel users may get familiar with it quicker, due to their higher dynamic range they can feel the fine nuances better. And the new „real‘ physic based only forces are all about nuances. when you get used to new „language“ you can even feel understeer… (my wheel: t300). It worked out if the box, perfect. New UI is nice! R3E is getting stronger and stronger. Btw.: I prefer its look and feel in VR over AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HiCkS

HiCkS Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I (still) use a G25. I'm 50% happy with the new FBB and 50% infuriated with it.

Some FFB effects are OK, I can feel the kerbs, or when I put a wheel on the grass/gravel...

But its very frustrating on turns, the only thing I get its (a weird) resistance when turning the wheel, but thats it, no feeling form the wheels or the car... its like driving without FFB but having to do some strength to turn the wheel...

¿its supposed to be like that? I dont feel when the car is losing grip, or the weight of the car shifting from behind to the front, or side to side, (just feel something when already losed the car and spinning).

I did create a new device profile, new car setups, lots of different configs on the FFB settings, multiplier even to 6x... but cant get a feeling of the car/wheels on the turns. ¿Is it the way supposed to be? ¿Maybe I need to reinstall the whole game?

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I think you're going in the wrong direction with Linearity there Peter. I feel like you have bump amplification way too high for Logitech's and as a result, the Linearity and Min Force need to be lower to compensate, but you'll be losing all of the more useful detail. I posted my settings earlier in the thread and we are definitely coming at this from 2 very different places!

In theory, with Linearity increased to 80% from the 70% default, you're lowering all the weak forces, then by removing the Min Force, you're wiping them out altogether. Probably the reason for any 'feel' around the centre is just the amplified 'bumps' now.

But this is all personal, so if you like, great.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Gordie

Gordie Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Great, glad it helped and hope your ribs get better soon bud.

Agree with the FEI, I guess it's to personal taste. I find my formula rim rattles too much if I go over 60, 70 is probably my limit depending on car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Zackmchack

Zackmchack New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The FFB is far too weak!
    If the foot muscles can remember a strength, so can the arms.
    I was very happy that the G29 was very strong because I am a strong man too. I need the counterforce, but the update took it from me.

I can't set it back with these options.

8. Andreaf

Andreaf Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    it is crazy that even now we cannot regulate constant forces on fanatec products. you can do it on the M10 of the simagic ....

9. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    test with
    minimum force at 3%
    ffb linarity at 70%

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I decided to give up on bothering with the FFB and just go on driving. :) I keep the default settings and let the TC take care of oversteering. I have too little information about a) what a FFB should do and b) what a good FFB is like, and I am not skilled enough to judge the difference between the FFB settings. So I use the wheel to steer where I think is the ideal line, try to take speed through and out of the corners. Maybe subconsciously I get the information from the wheel and one day it might click!:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. adammashup

adammashup New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Running a G923 and had to crank the FFB Mulitplier up to 4.2-4.5 for most cars, after having virtually no FFB OOTB. Is this normal?
    Feels pretty good at these levels however, just going into the red under extreme forces.

I also boosted the bumps setting to try and get a bit more feedback from the kerbs. Some kerbs are none existant. On some tracks I get feedback from some kerbs, and zero from others. Don't know if this is a bug?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried to increase the FFB multiplier per car ? You can make the FFB as strong as you want with this.

I also suggest (not aimed at you, but at everyone) to read This thread and This thread carefully. By reading and observing this forum and the steam forum, i think a lot of people are not inform themselves very well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    @adammashup
    Do you use this settings ?
    minimum force at 3%
    ffb linarity at 70%

14. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    FFB Strength - 100%
    FFB Linearity - 60%
    FFB Min Force - 2%
    FFB Max Force - 100%
    Stationary Friction - 50%

Engine Vibration - 0%
    Bump Amplification - 15%
    Gear Shift - 0%

I do have to turn most cars up individually by 3-4 clicks though. FR Junior by about 10! Use the FFB Meter to set it so that it clips over the red line on fast turns while riding kerbs.

EDIT - One other thing worth mentioning is that I tried switching over to Logitech GHub recently, and after this update, it just didn't work with Raceroom - there was still a centre spring force on the wheel, but no actual FFB (you can check this with the FFB meter, as it will not show an output at all). Basically the GHub profile seeing the game as not having FFB, so defaulting to the centre spring resistance I think.
    I've gone back to LGS and no issues.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. adammashup

adammashup New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, using those settings.

16. Zackmchack

Zackmchack New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the hint! I guess i found my strength back.

17. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @adammashup some kerbs are smooth. So they feel smooth. Some kerbs are serrated so they feel rougher. Take BHGP as an example. Many are smooth but the one coming out of Surtees is rough as is the geogrid that lies behind it. Both can be felt perfectly through my non high end t300.

18. adammashup

adammashup New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll do some more testing. I understand no two kerbs may be the same, but the audio indicated a modertaely serated kerb but nothing through the FFB.

19. HiCkS

HiCkS Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I tried this with a g25 and got better feeling, thanks

20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    According the developers you should set the DRI to 0.
    personally I use a lot less FEI as well. I find this setting a bit over done. To much “noise” so to speak. My real life car does not give that “noise” trough the wheel.