FFB Update Discussion Thread (June 2021)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Thomas Jansen, Jun 23, 2021.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I too have finally found settings where I can finally work with.
    Enough strength in the FFB, understeer and oversteer are finally there!
    However, much more subtle than before, as not artificial, but physics based.

@Alex Hodgkinson

Alex, thank you for the tip on increasing bump amplification.
    Now it finally fits and driving is fun again!

Now I am ready to get involved with the new "language".
    I like it very much and I think when the feeling is there I will definitely shout "You nailed it!" later.

Unbenannt.jpg

bump amplification : 50%

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Flybarless

Flybarless Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I use G27 with Linearity 65, Min force 15, Bumps 20, Strength and Max Force 100. On Old FFB I Use
    Min Force 16 (Checked with FFB Meter). And i am happy with the FFB then and now. Give "Min force" at max
    out a chance with Logitech Wheels, even if something else is recommended in the menue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. sloppshaa

sloppshaa Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    so for us DD users who clearly are not having the kind of issues other people are having.... (re my earlier post)
    are there any other hidden tricks and things in some notepad files that we can play about with to see what else is possible?

4. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Nothing hidden anymore, all settings are in the ffb menu :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. sloppshaa

sloppshaa Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    yup, there should be a way to keep the high counter-steer torque ffb for rear traction loss, whilst also not necessarily needing the wheel to also load up massively at high speed corners - like with the F1 car which magnifies that (i run full 20nm 100%, and i have to drop ffb strength ingame from 75% down to 35% for it to not clip (ffb meter).

i hope that is possible one day, would bring it even closer to AC if they can manage that.
    these are points for later improvement, i'm still in shock at the huge leap forward still.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

By my calculation, you are creating yourself a Min Force of 29% using your settings... this really doesn't seem right. You must be getting a lot of rattling and shaking going in a straight line...

There was a post earlier confirming the relationship between Min Force and Linearity.

If you are trying to achieve roughly a 15% minum force, with Linearity at 65%, you'd be wanting around 5% FFB Min Force.

7. Gordie

Gordie Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I didn't think to decrease the SHO whilst increasing the bump, that's a good tip indeed :)

@Danny Michael you should test that too, I think it's a definite improvement running 50% bump and setting SHO to 80% on the wheel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    We need the following effects to be added please.
    'Immersion optional'. Canned or not canned it doesnt matter. It was brilliant immersive feel before.
    1. Kerb effects (or curb in north american English )
    2. Pulling forces caused by driving over the kerb
    3. Engine vibrations are pressent but only when stationary or at lower speeds. Need to feel it at higher or top speeds as well.
    4. Tyre slip vibrations. Missing this one a lot.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Manuel Alves

Manuel Alves New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I updated T150 firmware all the way to 35 (the newest) and updated the driver but I have the same problem: no FFB.
    Tried WTCC and WTCR (the classes I usually race). I tried FFB multiply 3x and is the same thing - no feeling on the wheel.
    I deleted the ControlSet folder. Made a new controlset. FFB multiply 5x. Nothing happens. I believe that it's a bug. Only the developers can solve the problem.

10. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Best way to work it out. …it will work. when you get used to it you never wann go back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Its good,its good.
    not a giant leap for me but since I had really tuned the FFB for hours of testing , and added road bumps, for my TS PC racer, I didn't expect the moon.

its good that some canned effects are maintained as well to add to the immersion (gearshift being one of them)

Sure bit OT but one thing I cant seem to find at all is a way to calibrate wheel&pedals, how do you do that now in the new UI?

thanks

12. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    good question!

13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    There never was a calibration in game. You can still set the deadzones and such from the options menu.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    How can you use the deadzones to achieve the same things as calibration?

On my G29, I have the wheel set at 900 degress in the Logitech software, but in-game, I usually have to calibrate it to 880 degrees to get a "1-to-1" ratio. It seems my G29 doesn't really reach 900 degrees, even when set to do so!

15. Mos

Mos New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thanks partner for your time in answering me.
    I have tried your configuration but I don't quite like it, I can't get a satisfactory driving sensation, I don't notice the curbs at all. It seems that everything is going stiff, without a soul.
    Do not think that I have not tried other configurations, I have spent more than 2 hours making changes and testing different circuits and cars and it is useless.
    Well, maybe I will find a suitable configuration but for now this game is going to the fridge for a while longer.

16. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    well at some point, it was meant to be there looking at this snapshot

again, this is going OT,I am just regretting that the devs didn't push the topic and implement it then, if you are right.

[​IMG]

17. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's done as it always has been through your Logitech software. If the game says it wants 540 degrees the Logitech software gives it 540 degrees. Very few cars use the full 900 degrees anyway.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I probably wasn't clear - I have it set at 900 in Logitech Software, but in-game, let's say AMS2 or ACC, I calibrate it to 880... This seems to then line the wheel up nicely. If I leave it at the default of 900, my wheel will be a few degrees behind in the rotation as it actually isn't able to go 900.

Wheel calibration is essential to fix this. (I say essential, I mean it's required, but it is totally possible to just drive with the wheel slightly 'off').
    You can't calibrate the wheel in the Logitech Software, so you can only properly align in a game that lets you do it.

19. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The only reason I went to 70 is because I had to lower the torque (GT3 reduced in car down to 0.8). By increasing the FEI I get back what I lost by lowering the overall ffb in car. Once I'm healed I'll go back to 60 and bump up the overall ffb again, bringing back that torque in the wheel. fyi I'm using my Carbon Formula for this. I suspect I'd have to increase FEI more for my BMW rim as it's got much more weight to it.

Whatever the result, your settings are a perfect starting point for the CSW 2.5. Fanatec should update their site with your settings now that so much has changed. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Depending on the wheel you are using you may need more FEI to feel the curbs. Try bumping it up and see if it helps.