FFB Update Discussion Thread (June 2021)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Thomas Jansen, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I agree. I'm using a DD1 as well, 100% FFB in driver, and 55-60% ingame with a 330 mm steering wheel. I would agree that 70% or 80% ingame FFB will be a bit on the heavy side - guess you've got stronger arms than me. :D

What other values are you running in the driver? I'm still fiddling a bit, and at the moment I'm running
    SEN=AUTO
    FFB=100
    LIN=ON
    NDP=15
    NFR=5
    NIN=0
    INT=2
    FEI=100
    FOR=100
    SPR=100
    DPR=100

I think it's better to leave INT as low as possible, and rather increase NDP and NFR to calm things down a bit, and add more weight to the wheel. Without any NDP the wheel is very, very light when driving in a straight line.

Edit: Hm, it seems I was using the default 50% FFB ingame, probably made a new profile without thinking about it. At that level, the steering wheel is too light in center without any NDP or NFR, but it feels fine when turning. Increasing it to 60%, NDP and NFR isn't needed, and the FFB is very precise. Using INT=2 or 3. I will continue tinkering a bit, but all this is just fine tuning - the default FFB feels great, unless some extreme settings are applied somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  2. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Every wheel is different, so if you're happy with your setting leave it be.
    Generally, the less min force, the better. It is needed on low end wheels to bring up the little forces and to tune out the dead zone in the middle.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  4. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    CONFIRMED FEELS GOOD
    HI

Im using also a T500Rs with a Sparco 383 whell (33cm)
    I got similar settings.
    Very important i think is set the driver FFB to 100% i figured out otherwise some lower FFB gets not displayed.

Linearity 95%
    FFB Minimum 0%
    Stationary Friction i set to 75%
    Bump Amplification @ 35%
    Also i turn the steer angle ALWAYS -1 to make the car less fidgety. Toe-in @ front to ALWAYS + or ZERO depending on car.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  5. Krisz

Krisz New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What is my opinion about the new FFB? I think the easiest way to answer: I could manage to get in the 1st server again after 10 months in CUPRA Simracing in Aragón. :)
    And the most difficult thing for me was to find the correct settings for my 8 years old Fanatec CSR Elite wheel (like CSW v1). I couldn't set it properly for example for RWD cars the countersteer while oversteer. Simply there were to much settings for FFB and the defaults for CSW 2.5 and others didn't work for my old wheel. But now everything works as it should :) Thanks guys! :) Now I only need to get my CSL DD in September :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0

Nils is one of the fastest drivers in ACC.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  7. Manuel Alves

Manuel Alves New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    He was complaining about a lack of information from the new FFB, calling it "mute", "lack of detail" and no FFB information from riding the kerbs.
    He liked the flat spot FFB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Yes, and that is with a DD wheel. He said he could feel what the front tires were doing but felt very little from the track itself. Things like bumps, cracks and kerbs were pretty much non-existent. He surmised that it was because R3E does not have very many laser scanned tracks so small details are lacking.

I tend to agree with his assessment.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. bksz

bksz New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What i find more troubling is how he pointed out that there is no feeling of weight transfer in the car.

And i couldn't agree more.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Boonatix

Boonatix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well it all depends from which perspective you look at R3E... and what your demand is. Nils is a full hardcore, competitive simracer who demands full realism and compares R3E to ACC from this perspective. Of course R3E is not on that level... now, if that is a good or bad thing everyone has to decide for him / herself ;)

I for once enjoy having a game that is not super ultra realistic and simulated to the limit, makes it easier to just enjoy different cars and drive around some tracks ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. pfoetiman

pfoetiman Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Is a game more realistic, because it is harder to drive? Has anybody here driven a real race car at the limit? Why do some of the really good R3E driver get a chance to drive a real race car?
    At the end of the day only one thing is important: it is all about having fun. And to me the fun came massively back with the last update especially the FFB.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    If I understand correctly this guy is focused on acc. If so he's comparing r3e's ffb to acc ffb.
    I've heard multiple opinions saying r3e ffb is more realistic from people driving all or most major sims.

If you know Alex a bit you can't say r3e is not focused on super ultra realism when it comes to physics and driving experience.

It might be lacking in track detail and that has been pointed out by a few people. Hopefully it will improve.

• Like Like x 3
  13. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Not sure about that... rather than demanding full realism he just seems to demand that every sim should drive and feel like ACC, which is not the same thing. Raceroom's physics dev was a racing driver instructor so I assume he knows how racing cars should feel like and aims for that "super ultra realistic and simulated to the limit" feel just as much as Aris does at Kunos.

I don't have personal experience to say which is more real between Raceroom and ACC, and I love both sims, but some real GT3 drivers like David Perel and Nicki Thiim have said that ACC is more unforgiving on the limit than a real car and demands a level of precision that is unnecessary on a real car.

This is what I feel as well when watching real onboards of GT3 cars. The way a real driver pushes and pushes a car and often use kerbs as if they weren't even there looks to me more similar to what you can do in Raceroom as opposed to the almost "artificially" perfect way that you need to drive in ACC.

When it comes to FFB I'll say that ACC does give me a much better feel of track detail and texture than Raceroom does, it's night and day, but I do find Raceroom's FFB more informative as far as oversteer and understeer are concerned. A mix between both FFB's would be ideal for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Corentin Pointeau

Corentin Pointeau Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Have you a setup for CSW v2.5?
    I am completly lost with the update... No braking sensation at all

@Thomas Jansen what is your setup with this base?

15. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Regarding Nils and his video - he definitely tests with the "wrong" cars, the latest GT3's and definitely the DTM2020 offer a much, much better FFB, where you can tell that the R3E-FFB is not really bad. ACC should really not be used as a reference comparison, rather rF2, which is really a lot more informative when it comes to the chassis and weight transfer FFB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    One aspect of the new FFB that I was originally on the fence about was the dirt-on-tires effect, but after a few weeks I can't count the times it has saved my life.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Boonatix

Boonatix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Really good feedback here and absolutely agree, the more I spend time in R3E the more I am appreciating the way the FFB feels in terms of kerbs, oversteer and understeer. The lack of track details and texture I guess comes from no track being laser scanned (afaik Nordschleife is the only exception which feels way better to drive).

ACC being way to much on the edge is something I can also confirm with over 1000 hours spent in there... especially when you just touch another car and immediately spin out for no reason ^^ R3E is so much more fun in terms of close, door to door racing!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Gabriele Galanti

Gabriele Galanti New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ciao a tutti ragazzi, ho sempre giocato con Race room e ho comprato tutte le piste e diverse auto. Solo poche settimane fa, dopo l'aggiornamento, mi sono rallegrando per l'eccellente feedback della forza, ma per alcuni giorni niente e più come prima. Sento poco del peso dell'auto e molto meno degli effetti stradali, anche nei box la resistenza del volante è zero.
    Possiedo un g29, qualcuno di voi riesce a giocare in modo credibile, diciamo ai livelli di Acc o quasi? Sono davvero deluso, ho letto tutte le tue pagine ma non ho trovato una soluzione adatta a me. Vi saluto e spero che alcuni di voi possano gentilmente aiutarmi.
    Mi scuso ma non parlo inglese quindi il testo è tradotto con Google. Ciao a tutti.

19. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I personally like the ffb of Racerooms and AAC, maybe the pro drivers who help form the ffb drive different gt3 cars as I would imagine a Porsche would drive very different to a McLaren and they are trying to replicate how their car feels.

20. Manuel Alves

Manuel Alves New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Same here, Gabriele, no FFB at all with a T150. I tried everything, rebuilding controlset, uninstall and complete instalation, it's the same. I only ask the devs to please give the option to use the previous FFB, it was perfect on my setup.