Released FFB Updates

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Try to reduce minimum force, it shouldn't go below yellow

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Hmm. That solves the issue but it does slightly bring back the FFB deadzone a bit. Will experiment a bit more. Wheel is a DFGT .

One more question: The new default profile has steering rack at 100%. Is this still a personal preference setting or is it somehow related to the new FFB? I used to run it at 0 for R3E before the patch.

3. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I've Provided a link to an app called wheel check it can help with finding the correct minimum force required for any given wheel.
    All thats needed is to run the program when your wheel is on then goto the drop down menu and chose the min force option once and it will display the required minimum force at the bottom left of the app.
    Caution choosing any other option as it can be extremely violent on your wheel !!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzfbPbd3eaYZNktIQy1hVG13eDA/view?usp=sharing

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive been messing on a t300 gte come up with this seems ok, may need to increase decrease cars specific ffb vo.

one thing steering rack does nothing for me.
    steering foce and lateral force are very similar fx.

img host[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2016
  5. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    "Your maximum value for steeringFFBBaseOffset is 8.0% (800)"

This one? This means to set it at 8 out of 30 ingame?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Strange... I've increased the minimum force a bit to 25% so that it doesn't go below yellow (I also have a DFGT). It reduces the deadzone for me.

I was about to ask the same question about the steering rack in the default profile.

7. Thomas Cameron

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Not uncommon to see 12-14 being used in assetto corsa on a Logitech g27.

Cheers

8. Thomas Cameron

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    The yellow marker is the minimum you've chosen.

Recheck the first page on the meanings of the meter.

Cheers

9. Beaware

Beaware Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Excellent job Sector3, thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    You're right, many thanks! :)
    I misunderstood the marker

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Is it just me ?
    Or has this not been implemented yet ?
    I have no compact HUD, and no mini HUD either after the update.
    The mini was partly hidden behind the bezels of the center and right monitor, but now it is gone.
    And while the compact is wider, it can't be hidden anywhere... or ???

12. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
  14. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    You're welcome :)

15. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    :)Thank you for this incredible update. I've never really fiddled with the ffb because I wasn't really sure what did what. Now with the ffb meter I have dialed my G27 in better than ever. It's never felt as good as it does now. love it!!!:p

• Like Like x 2
  16. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the new FFB is clearly an improvent, although not quite there with the industry best (rF2, iR). But still good and clearly better than the other two popular racing sims out there ATM IMO.

And yes, that FFB meter is a really handy tool, although I don't quite understand how it calibrates itself with different wheels. I mean, different wheel have different clipping levels. But that is not important. It seems to work and that's it :)

Former FFB was annoying, just because it was almost impossible to adjust. It either had the force, but it was evident even without the meter, that the wheel was clipping all the time. If you adjusted force levels low, you simply didn't get anything out of the wheel. It was almost impossible to get it where you wanted it (believe me, I tried). Thumbs up and keep up the good work!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. 2Air

2Air New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it's a little unclear what setting i must change to have my wheel dip below the red line now.
    it only goes above in corners.
    can you tell me what setting to change to avoid that?

many thanks

18. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    also it would be nice to know what driver side FFB settings are suggested to get the best result.... with a thrustmaster wheel it is not a big deal you only have a couple of sliders to play with, but with a fanatec it is getting tricky....
    Of course i know that each and every of us have different preferences regarding wheel setting, but still would like to know what wheel settings they were using when they figured out the default ingame setting for my wheel...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Firstly, what wheel do you use? Someone here might be able to better assist you if they have the same wheel.

As for specific settings.. You could start with the Force Feedback Intensity %. This is the overall strength of the FFB. Next, you might try turning down the Steering Force Intensity setting as this can also have an affect on overall strength. And then the other 2 values I would check are the Lateral and Vertical forces settings. I have Vertical set around 80%, and Lateral set around 50%. These probably have the biggest impact on overall strength if you crank them up too high.

However, changing the above values will affect how the FFB feels on your wheel. So another alternative option you could try is to go to the car setup menu, click on steering settings, and lower the car specific FFB multiplier a few clicks. This will reduce the strength of the FFB on a per-car basis. However, this may make the FFB feel weak if you turn it down too low, so making tweaks to the values in the above paragraph may be more ideal to start with.

• Informative Informative x 3
  20. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Would you be kind in sharing your values ?
    Been changing mine a lot and can't seem to find a good base without clipping on turns!

• Agree Agree x 3