Released FFB Updates

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 9, 2016.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    It seems almost impossible to have no clipping in the turns especially the tight and or hilltop turns. But I have reduced it a lot to minimal at worst. It still happens. But very little.
    These are my base values. They work pretty well with most the GT cars, the wtcc, and the dtm cars that includes the 92s.that all I have time to work with on the couple of hours I've had to play with. I have three different base setups for the wheel. Paddle shift, H shift inline up and down (mostly for wtcc) and H pattern 6 speed. All have the same base ffb. First I take a car out onto the track, and run a few laps. Then go into the ffb multiplier. And then play with it from there.
    I hope this helps. ;)
    Good luck and have fun with it. :) Gregoryleo
    Edit: Try reducing the FFB multiplier in the car Steering setup after you reduce the the ffb settings to what I have them at. The multiplier is different for each car. so play with it and see what works. I reduced mine quite a bit. Any where from 800 to 1500 points. Then you can go into the FFB in the controller profiles and tweak your lateral force, vertical load and steering rack settings per car.
    I had to turn everything down first then turn it back up to get it to where I was happy with it.
    but mostly after I got the base settings in place. I reduce the multiplier.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  2. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    new ffb feels great,i can feel the car nicely and not have the clipping,great job!
    why is the braking effect gone?will it return?

3. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    The Brake effect was overlapping with the Slip effect, which sort of made it obsolete.
    You might still be able to add it by manually editing the controller profile.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  4. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Had to turn the Slip effect off with the Accuforce wheel, it makes a terrible grinding noise in the wheel. Berney Villers Jr. wrote a post on the simxperience forum that Sector3 had been sent an Accuforce wheel a few weeks ago so it is surprising they did not test the wheel and notice this effect did not work correctly. Also I thought a specific profile would be included so that is odd.

5. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    It may take some time to adapt the game for a new HW, you know?

6. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    If I am right it's only with the new cars like WTCC, etc.

7. 2Air

2Air New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm using the CSW bmw wheel from Fanatec. And on it you also have settings to tamper with.
    FF feels great don't get me wrong, but only in corners does it spike above the red line.
    I'll try your suggestions tonite

thx

8. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    No all the cars were doing it so I just disabled it, not really needed on the AF wheel as you get other feedback but it could probably be tweaked somehow to work.

9. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    How can i find out which Minimum FFB Effect Value i have to take?

with the WheelCheck-Tool?

10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    For me that is quite interesting, I still think there might be some sort of the overlapping still happening with other effects, I can lose alot of my effects if the slip effect goes above 40, the wheel becomes very spongy, and most other ffb effects disappear at the same time.

11. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    20 is the maximum I use

12. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive noticed this under braking it just goes dead, and especially if theres no traction loss theres just deadness. I think they should enable brake vibration again.

this is the line in the ini controller
    FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    its already activated apparently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what settings you have, but if you dont feel any vibrations when braking, you might want to increase the slip effects.
    They are more accurate than the "fake" brake vibrations we previously had, as they are actually calculated by the grip and tyre rotation.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do like the new slip ones a lot George and I have strong slip effects (60 I think in wttc theyre very noticeable) but under braking when your not sliping and careful braking the ffb goes quite. Only for that few seconds your off gas and braking.

** actually I wanted to say to s3 the new ffb updates are excellent very authentic feeling that your in a racing car. thanks!! (apart from the m1 thats a different story and only at centre) so much so I bought wttc15 spa and Sonoma!

15. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    We haven´t received anything so far.

16. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I'm not certain, but you could try reducing lateral force as that's the one that gets affected quite a bit when cornering.

17. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Dont forget the FFB Multiplier in car setup.
    If you are happy with your FFB Settings, but certain cars feel too weak, or are clipping, the FFB Multiplier is the setting you should change.

18. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's the thing all the forces are strong generally just this deadness under braking. Is there a way to enable the brake vib again?

19. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Ok cheers Georg ... sure hope it has not gone missing by the freight company either DHL or FedEx ! :eek:
    Berney would have a tracking number if you contact him by email bvillersjr@simxperience.com

20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but I'm being persuaded that there is a real problem with the ffb, as someone else has mentioned, the only clipping I get is in the corners on smooth tarmac no curb use, seems really odd.
    Secondly as many other's have mentioned the ffb just drops out altogether, all the wheel weight just vanishes all ffb effect go as well, I have to drop out of the game and either reboot the software or the whole PC (and no there's nout wrong with the wheel) all other sim's are fine, this is just RRE and since this patch, I can also get the same drop out effect of all ffb by just adjusting any of the ffb sliders, go back on track and it's all gone, this really needs to be looked at.
    I physically haven't done more than 2 consecutive laps without this happening. Now I know alot of peeps are saying it's a big improvement but I don't see it, I had all the effects that this so called update made better or introduced pre-patch plus I could have any amount of weight from light to very heavy and it was very smooth, but now wheel weight is light, and the ffb is so notchy.