Released FFB Updates

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    @Gopher04
    Sorry to hear that but I can't reproduce the issue with a T500. Been testing for months and I never had any issues.

Did you start with a new default control set?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yes m8, done a new install of the game, and have created new ones since .I've tried Tariks set as well as he is another tester and use's the same wheel, also tried your settings you posted, and on both I was able to reproduce it, though I have to say it's harder to notice on yours as you run with a extremely light wheel.

3. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Just maybe you partly answered your own question..."Now I know alot of peeps are saying it's a big improvement...".
    I also think it's a good improvement, no dropouts as you described (Thrustmaster TX). Most every forum (here, RD, VirtualR, bSimRacing, InsideSimRacing mini-review, etc.) I've been on are saying pretty much the same thing - FFB updates have been a good improvement. I'm not saying your not having problems but to blame your experience on Sector3 with so many others saying the opposite, I would first start by looking at my own setup. And I'm not saying its perfect for everyone, but no racing sim experience is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    My biggest issue is still roadfeel, im not saying that the car is floating or flying but i cannot feel that im driving on a real road surface. In other titles i can feel the tarmac, the small bumps in details. in R3E im basically driving on a perfect smooth surface.
    csw2 here, so if anyone has a setup with good roadfeel, please let me know ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I love new FFB in GT3s and WTCC, but I don't like it in Prototypes that much (DMD P20 to be more precise). It either has a lot of clipping in fast corners, or feels too loose on slower and on straights. Any tips regarding this? I have DFGT.

6. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    min force....mess with the multiplier. ?

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Anytime someone asks for advice on FFB settings, it is usually helpful for those looking to offer advice, if you could share your current settings. That way, those offering advice and know how the various settings affects the feel and overall FFB strength, can offer more prudent advice.

My guess is you are using too high of an overall FFB strength in the ffb menu, or you are using too high of a steering force value, or you are using too high of a value for the lateral and vertical forces. Generally, I would always recommend that someone use 70-80% for steering force intensity, and between 50-85% for lat/vert forces.

You could always go into the car setup menu and adjust the FFB strength of the individual car too if you are happy with the FFB feeling you already have set up. This will just reduce the strength for that specific car and wont affect anything else. So if you are clipping badly now, that may be an option as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to share controller profiles / settings?

I note that on my system if you save a controller profile it is saved as an rcs file here:
    C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

It would be really great of someone who had a great G27 or T300 profile could simply say - 'here try mine' rather than posting a screenshot.

Anybody know if sharing these files works?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yep, you are absolutely correct. You most certainly can share different controller profiles with other people simply by uploading the .rcs controller file, and then taking the copy and placing it in the folder you specified.

It will simply show up in the game alongside your existing profiles by whatever name was given to the controller profile you are trying to add. Your existing profiles wont be affected, and you can freely switch between them while in the game by going to the options menu and selecting a different profile.

This is a good suggestion and one that I have wanted to share for a while... since I have been working on this profile since this recent update was in testing and over the past 3 months have really grown to like it. My in-game settings are quite similar to my settings that I was using around 1 year ago (which I have shared numerous times before), but the difference now is that I have edited a few lines in the .rcs file that you cant edit from within the game. This is a bit more advanced stuff than just tweaking FFB strength, but the result is quite appealing... at least in my hands :rolleyes::D

Firstly, I am going to share my Logitech Profiler settings since this also plays a role in how the FFB will feel with my file.

R3E live logi profiler settings.PNG

As you can tell, these settings are for a Logitech G27.

You should be able to download my .rcs file and simply paste it into the folder that @Skidmark mentioned above. Do note, that this also includes all of the key bindings that I use personally, and you can (and probably should) rebind them to your own liking.

Finally, my FFB is setup so it doesnt clip very much. However if you find that it is either too strong or too weak, I would recommend going into the car setup menu and tweaking the FFB strength on a per car basis. And dont forget to reset the steering rotation/lock settings while you are in there :)

Enjoy, cheers

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SargeFIN

SargeFIN New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Is it mandatory to create a new controller profile in the game? I have used the same I had in previous patch and I still feel the FFB is great. If it is mandatory to create a new controller profile what are the step-by-step instructions how to do it? Do I have to delete something from the games folder or is it just simply create a new profile in game?

11. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Simply choose the default profile in the controller profiles menu.
    If you want to modify it, a new custom profile will be created for you.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SargeFIN

SargeFIN New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    OK. Thanks. I think I already have the default profile in the game. Gotta go and check soon. If I'm currently having a default setup I don't have to do any changes? Except personal setting car wise?

13. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    The default profile should provide solid base settings, that you can further tweak to your preference.

• Like Like x 1
  14. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Anybody having problems after the update with a OSW??

15. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I have the T500 and still on the new default settings. I'm having too much fun to mess with them but I certainly will at some point. I rarely have any clipping and never had any loss of FFB but have noticed the notchy feeling as @Gopher04 mentioned.

16. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    If I put the minimum FFB setting above 4% I begin to feel a notchy hard bumpy feeling in the wheel even when going straight. Try dialling that back 1 by 1 until it stops. I also find that having the overall FFB at about 85 is best. The new FFB multiplier is brilliant because before I had to recalibrate my FFB for every different car I drove. I have a diary full of settings that I can now chuck in the rubbish bin ! :D The thing missing for me is the finer FFB cues from the road surface, it feels little numb.

17. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot Nate - that's really great!!

I've tried the settings and I can really feel the variation and depth. I find them a little weak for my taste though so I'll take your advice and increase the strength in the car set up menu.

Thanks again.

18. Lilo18

Lilo18 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    my whell range in the profile of the car is N / A, can not change the wheel, I have to profiler wheel g27, if I put in 900 degrees is unworkable because the game menu me what is taking so, I have I lower it according to car use, someone knows why

19. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    You need to install the latest drivers for this to work.

20. Montag911

Montag911 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    there is someone with a Fanatec Porsche GT3 rs v2 ????
    who indeed one could post times be ffb-settings.
    thank you