FFB ???

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Canesfan1975, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Canesfan1975

Canesfan1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I’m a PlayStation guy and I have been sim racing for a few years on console. I recently got a PC and RaceRoom is my first PC simulation experience. I’m using a Thrustmaster T300 and sometimes I experience a “slip” in the FFB and then it catches again. When this happens, the wheel is always misaligned afterwards. It often happens on straight always and for seemingly no reason. Anyone know what could be the issue?

2. maanzaadje

maanzaadje Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    You are locking up the front tyres to often and produce some nasty flatspots.

It's a Thrustmaster issue.

3. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    With the T500 I have never experienced this problem. Maybe I never flatspotted the tires enough....

4. Canesfan1975

Canesfan1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I will adjust my brake bias and see if that helps. Is there a way to reset the wheel without unplugging the wheelbase from the PC?

5. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Reset?

6. Canesfan1975

Canesfan1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    So, when this happens during practice or a race and I finish the session, when I start the next session the wheel is still off center and I have to unplug the wheel to get it centered again.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Flatspots do not explain a mis-aligned wheel. Also, I have a Thrustmaster T300 too and have never experienced anything similar to this, even when I know for a fact my tyres are indeed flatspotted.

It sounds to me like a wheel issue rather than a game issue. How old is the wheel? Could it be the band slipping on the wheel itself due to damage? Do you have any other peripherals plugged in while racing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Everything is new at the start of a new session. Tires, brakes, fuel

You can eventually assign a button to reset the ffb during a session.

9. Canesfan1975

Canesfan1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The wheel isn’t that old, maybe a little over a year. The FFB feels great, even after the wheel slips and becomes misaligned. The only other peripheral I’m currently running is a Logitech shifter w/ Leo Bodnar adapter. I plan on adding a button box in the future.

10. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    has updated its steering wheel .if it has always been on ps4 .on pc there are several updates

11. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    if you lock your tires continuously the effect on my t300 happens the same because i end up puncturing. but it should be removed when going to another session

12. Canesfan1975

Canesfan1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have updated the drivers for PC. I found some videos on YouTube and made some adjustments to my FFB settings and the problem seems to have corrected itself. I have completed several practice sessions and a few races with no issues so far.

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Please share your settings (solution)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Canesfan1975

Canesfan1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Sorry it took so long to post these pictures of my current settings but I been swamped with work! I also apologize for the quality but Lightshot doesn’t seem to work with RaceRoom running. Anyway, these setting were either from GamerMuscle or Simracing604 on YouTube, I don’t recall whose I used. These have fixed my issue and now I just adjust the FFB multiplier in car setup to what I like before driving and I haven’t had any issues.

Attached Files:

15. Canesfan1975

Canesfan1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The second page...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    You can try a while ago since the last update of the ffb, I spent time configuring, getting good sensations in t300, adjusting forces in profiler thrumaster to 100. after testing I realized that 100% in thrumaster, and adjusting intensity in raceroom I got more detail without saturating forces, the multipliers are normally lowered one point on the base, some older cars still have to reduce more, but this is personal

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    This reminds me of an issue I had years ago. Before I got started with my own kit, I borrowed a mate's G29. Every now and again (typically after a little knock with a wall IIRC) the wheel's idea of 'center' would shift a good few degrees out, and unplugging/re-plugging the wheel was the only way to reset it.

When I eventually bought my own I never saw the issue, which led my mate to return/exhange his as it clearly pointed to a hardware issue.. - He never saw the issue again on the new one.

Have you tried any other games out of interest? If it happens there as well, at least you'll know it's a driver/hardware fault.

Edit: If the problem went away after the driver update, then it sounds like the drivers were at fault. This doesn't sound like a game-side thing to me at all. Glad it's sorted though.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020