Released FIA WTCR has arrived on RaceRoom

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    http://www.tcr-series.com/inside-tcr/homologated-cars

Just in case you're interested... :cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    seriously..the game menus, the shop and even the competitions are only prepared for when no one is using them ? everytime there's something slightly interesting on RRRE your servers bend over their knees....either the servers or the poor coding on that interface :/

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Matthew_Wheeler

Matthew_Wheeler Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    So, when will we be able to have 3 races in Single Player?

4. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Very happy with the physics model, after testing in Slovakiaring which has a long trial braking and long bends.
    It handles very similar to my modified Corolla in track

Things that I like
    1. Controllable lift off oversteering, quite similar to my Corolla
    2. Too late braking will not drift the car and the car just overshoot the corner, also very similar to my Corolla

I only test Honda FK8, default setup is a bit oversteering, which is good

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, what's the difference bet. the existing WTCC and now, WTCR? I understand format is somewhat different (ie. 2 Quali's, extra Race).

6. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    It felt like an eternity since the last new cars dropped into Raceroom, but as much as a moaned about the long dry period, I now have to say a huge thanks and well done to Sector3! I took the Hyundai and Golf for a first few laps at Motegi and it was great fun :) Can't wait to try the other cars tonight.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh can't remember which now but either the Golf or the Peugeot the down shift audio is so low you just can't work out if you have down shifted, apart from visually looking, also it's like there is much engine braking as well, but that might be a placebo effect of the audio..
    Apart from that all is good really enjoying them..;)

My only real gripe is cars like the Honda for example the interior mirror is a waste of time unless your sat in the boot to bring into view, would love it while building the cars for sims that the mirror couldn't be made movable like in LFS so it can be positioned for our own preference in our driving position, also it saves using that awful virtual mirror.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    These are completely different cars, they are much cheaper to produce.

9. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    It's fixed for the next update ;)

• Like x 2
    • Love it! x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Hehe yeah in VR I have to twist my neck as hell to get a view on the rear mirror in the Honda :-D visibility in this car is also not the best. Golf is the best by now, but still have to test the Peugeot, Hyundai and Cupra

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the VR, in some TCR cars you have to adjust the position of the camera to move your head according to the neck position. I don't know why the camera is not located correctly by default?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Why the rear lights on the Honda look very low poly? It's difficult to see when they light up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    @Anthony Monteil I'm really struggling to here what me or car is doing when driving, and that is all of them in the WTCR, I can't here the downshifts or engine braking, and all other audio is over powering the engine volume in cockpit view, re-checked with alot of stuff we already have and I just don't have this problem, exterior volumes are great but just internal for me have this low volume, I did think like already mentioned it was just the Golf, but tested all tonight and for me they all seem to suffer..If I use the volume on my speakers audio that I use for the WTCR (which doesn't make them any louder) and go to the GT3's lets say, I have to turn the overall volume down.

14. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Yes. These are the first fwd cars that are actually lively and fun to drive. The simulation of the other fwd cars are probably realistic as well - they're just not any fun.

Even for a retro-rwd-guy like me, these cars are very good fun. Best spent €15 this summer.

Thank you very much! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Wow they really are super fun ... 100% worth the hype :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  16. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    From a graphical point of view, honestly, I am quite disappointed. I bought the pack instantly, because I follow the series, have all the previous WTCC content, like full licenses and trust in the quality content you guys release. But these interiors... graphically... I am absolutely not satisfied. Just look at the steering wheel of the Peugeot... so low poly it's not even a wheel, you can see the edges. All in all, in these cars, I do not feel like in a racecar.

Yes, yes, physics are the most important, and so on, but for me personally, graphics are just as important to be fully immersed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure, like always, S3 will implement updates for stuff like this : step by step, patch by patch.
    And it might also be that they don't wanted us to wait any longer than neccessary for new food, hungry as we are :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I hope you are right :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    And much more fun to drive. :)

20. treborvxr

treborvxr New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    To be honest it was probably the FIA and WTCR themselves pushing for the release as they have been the ones to give away the release day etc. im sure they will be updated as time goes on. But youve got to remember it wasnt all that long ago that this was even announced and the fact we've only even seen screenshots a week before release pretty much shows the pressure they were under to get it finished and released.

• Agree Agree x 2