Released FIA WTCR has arrived on RaceRoom

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 28, 2018.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    The wtcr cars looking great
    Graphics almost to
    I drove the audi with cockpit view and the banner on the window looks like made in windows paint
    Lot of big pixels

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  2. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Your comment has "urged" me to make a comparison video. :)

IMO you have to take seat in the real car to decide which one feels/looks/sounds better. Both are very close to each other. I enjoy both of them equally. Absolutely fantastic cars! (I do love these farting DSG noises btw.)

Also what @GooseCreature said:
    You can have the closest races within the WTCC/WTCR classes. It's so much fun!
    I also drive with a rather weak FFB - so I can feel subtle differences much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    The mod's cockpit sound is like from some shitty GoPro onboard video taken from YouTube.
    Sound-wise I see (hear) raceroom miles ahead. No wonder, the raceroom Cupra has real recorded sounds.
    In the mod you can also hear many digital artefacts, which doess that the audio/sound is from poor quality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    One lap around the Hungaroring with Norbi:

• Like Like x 3
  5. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    its not 100% perfect in AC but for me it sounds more realistic, onboard. Raceroom uses some sound effects for all cars. Gravel, curbs, scrubbing, skidding etc is always the same, correct me if I'm wrong. The sample for the characteristic up-shift, hm, no variation here. Yes, my specification are high, perhaps too high. The reverb sounds like a church when set to high. I think this is main problem with the sounds in sims. They have to isolate the main characteristics of a car and put them back together in the game. Unfortunately, I don't know a sim with the perfect sound. iRacing is saying the work on a new sound engine. The default sounds in AC are bad, most of them. I wish sound engines could offer more nowadays

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Live in just a few minutes:

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    How's that? AC one lacks transmission noise completely and in the real car it's a loud transmission noise.
    Regarding the other car noises, of course they are more or less always the same, but that's not a raceroom exclusive thing. Shifting sounds have 6 variations or so, I think the number is limited by the sound engine.
    This AC mod sounds muffled and synthetic, details like transmission and break noise are missing. Still better than AC usual sounds.

To compare the amount of reverb I watch some race car testing videos from Monza (shout out to 19bozzy92) and the only sim that matches the huge reverb (trees all around, very narrow) is R3E. If it's too much reverb for your liking you can always dial it down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    The default setting is probably what will provide the most immersive ambience (I intentionally don't use the word "realistic" as the sound engine cannot generate better reverb effects anyway, and also they are in mono, which considerably decreases the realism compared to the stereo reverbs that are usually available in most games) , but we thought that a slider would at least allow people to adjust the reverb amount as they like it. It's almost impossible to satisfy everyone, especially when the feature is far from perfect from the beginning.

About all the others sounds, I always try to improve them and add more custom sounds for each cars. I recently added more than 300 common samples for backfires, gearshifts etc.
    On the other hand, we are sometimes limited by what the sound engine can handle, and be sure that I feel your frustration in a number of situations, but we need to live with it for now, and on the bright side, I'm still very impressed by what the programing team managed to achieve compared to what we had in the early R3E days ;)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Have anyone tried the chicane on Macau with the WTCR
    big problem for me to go round there
    :(

10. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    with a steering lock of 18 it works for me, you got to be precise (yellow marks) when to turn in but it works :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    ok, I got to say, these cars are indeed fun to drive, much better than the WTCC cars. I adjusted the ffb for my csw v2 and the sound settings. A pity that the sounds are only mono, anyway, one day .... Before the last adjustments of the ffb I followed the explanation from this video I tried so many things but I was never really happy. Now I adjusted the settings to:

FFB Intensity : 100 %
    Smoothing : 0%
    FFB Spring : 0%
    FFB Damper : 0%
    FFB Friction : 0%

Steering force intensity : 60 %
    Understeer : 20 %
    Vertical load : 120 % (not sure)
    Lateral force: 60 %
    Steering Rack : 0 %

Slip: 0%
    Engine: 0%
    Kerb: 0%
    Shift: 40%
    Collision: 0%

did they also improve the AI? it feels quit good this time, but sometimes they still brake very unexpected.

how about a rule preset? only the old DTM and ADAC from 2015, why?

12. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Most of the cockpit sounds are stereo, it's only the reverb effects that are in mono ;)

13. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Wow, hard to drive, much lift off oversteer.
    Is it supposed to do so? I know, that it's a FWD Race Cars, but that much?
    I can't trust these cars enough to go full speed.
    I think, it is to extreme.
    Would Raceroom be the new iceracing?

14. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Maybe there's something wrong with your driving style ? I think they are pretty easy to drive and i don't consider myself a talented driver ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Definitely wrong driving. I think they're pretty easy to drive, too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    It's track dependant, these cars have brutal lift off oversteer at Suzuka for example, if you don't push the throttle immediately after releasing the brakes. But that's the key thing, you should stay on the throttle mid-corner.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Left foot braking does help a lot there, you can modulate with both feet.

18. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I will try again. I certainly do not drive other than RWD, so I have to learn it. Thank you!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I took over the lead of the AI, so it's taken a different direction. Very pleased that you like it.

• Like Like x 3
  20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Your colleagues must hate you. You do everything better :-D ... Or at least improve it.

• Funny Funny x 2