Released FIA WTCR has arrived on RaceRoom

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 28, 2018.

1. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Will we have also the tracks?

2. isi [vMADS]

isi [vMADS] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Good Question :D

3. Aspius

Aspius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    We are missing 4 tracks from the current calendar and we know that they are working on a WTCR track

The ones missing are:
    Circuit Moulay El Hassan (Morocco)
    Circuito Internacional de Vila Real (Portugal)
    Ningbo International Speedpark (China)
    Wuhan Street Circuit (China)

Ningbo is the only one that is not a Street Circuit. Wuhan have not been raced on previously and i'm not even finding a layout for it. The other 2 have seen alot of use previously in WTCC.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. JorritVD

JorritVD Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    What about the wildcard FK2 Civic (so the older one) that raced at Vila Real? Will be interesting if that will also show up including all the other wildcard liveries.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I don't think wildcard entries will be included.

6. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate every new track, but I hope that S3 isn’t bothering about these street circuits... it’s really boring to watch the real live races and I can’t imagine that these tracks are thrilling to drive virtually... I hope the restricted ressources S3 got, are used for more interesting content...

I can’t even understand the tracks that were chosen for the premier season of the WTCR... where are the famous traditional tracks with touring car history?... but that’s just my opinion!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I think it was confirmed that both of those will not show up.

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Money! No other reason whatsoever to race at tracks that don't provide racing. o_O
    With the portfolio of potential tracks and then they come up with what they do belies common sense, so money must talk, can be no other reason.

With regards to cars, JF mentioned they had already modelled one car that didn't make the grid, so one extra for sure. Wild cards are another matter, with what S3 have in the wings I can't see them having the resources but always be welcome as the TCR cars will be kickass, as will the GT2 class once Alex has sprinkled his magic dust over them. Be great to have an entire grid that consists of more than 3-5 cars, as of the old WTCC or DTM.

Track, can only see it being one of two, Asian, kills two birds with one stone, increases tracks for the series and keeps RR Asia happy at the same time.

To reiterate, not keen on FWD but you just know these little tin tops are gonna bring some pucker racing and that, as far as I'm concerned is what it's all about!
    Bring 'em on!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  9. Aspius

Aspius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I think so too. I believe Ningbo is most likely but they could always surprise

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    No pictures on sunday?:eek:

11. SpaccoTutto1999

SpaccoTutto1999 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    dove diavolo sono le foto?

• Like Like x 1
  12. SimRacer

SimRacer Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ningbo is amazing !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mediakonig

Mediakonig New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "SpaccoTutto1999, hozzászólás: 156712, tag: 14207"] dove diavolo sono le foto? [/ QUOTE]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Ok, the surprise is already a bit spoiled :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    what catches my eyes is, that liveries in WTCR (and in WTCC) just look very random without any nice concept behind it. Liveries, for me, are often a pleasure for the eyes, like some piece of art. WTCR liveries somehow only have the purpose to show the sponsors logos without any art-oriented concept.
    Here some colors, some logos.. slap them onto the car.

I love good liveries but somehow WTCR liveries are very unexciting to me. Same with Audi TT cup.

:D

• Like Like x 2
  16. SimRacer

SimRacer Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to seeing the Golf !

17. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    International Motorsport is ruled by Multinational Concerns these days, who are primarly concerned about the international representation of themselves and their products. In conjunction with "emotional content" (=racing),international Motorsport Events are one of the best platforms to spread the sales agenda.You automatically link your emotional experience with these brands &logos, considering them as "Cool Cats" and their products as a "Must Have"...and after a while of being bombarded with "commercial input" you start to consider it as "normal", getting even irritated when parts of this circus production are missing - actually just because of the creation of an artificial need based on emotional response without any true substance...
    Simple and effective sales psychology that is, Yoda would say :)
    One of the reasons I would always prefer non-commercial/home made liveries btw..
    If you really think about it, the "need " for authenticity (regarding liveries) is actually nonsense in this context, cause the only authentic (simulated) thing you need is the machine under your butt, while in essence those common liveries are only there to trigger usual behavioral patterns of (mostly mindless) consumption by creating a kinda fake loyality to that brand or logo you prefer..
    For that reason I'm generally amused (if not saddened) by Die Hard Fans of any car brand (lets say BMW) fighting their opponents
    (lets say Porsche ) with a seriousness & fierceness that is absolutely ridiculous if you look at it unbiased...
    Well - despite all that you can be a Motorsport Fan AND keep up your awareness of what is truly surrounding you...not falling for every shit that is sold as "Hot Sensation" to you...

Don't get mad at me, I'm just observing...;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I do not know about that. If S3 offered an all white or all black livery free model of the cars then those are the ones I would buy if I could slap my own number on it.

20. SimRacer

SimRacer Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Will the WTCR circuit go out at the same time as the WTCR pack ?