Question First chicane of Zolder destroys suspension

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by JyriK, Jan 30, 2021.

1. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Just found out today, in ranked racing, that if you overshoot the first chicane with WTCC 2019 Civic, driving over the second sausages with both tyres, it causes maximum suspension damage. Is it by design or a bug? Cheers!

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it's supposed to be like that if you hit certain kerbs too hard.

3. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Figured so. A bit harsh, in my opinion.

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Did you test in the same conditions with all the other TCRs? How fast were you going? Last year there was a bug where some cars got suspension damage too easily and I don´t remember having total suspension failure since then with WTCR but I don´t have the Honda. That kerb is high but shouldn´t totally break your suspension if you kiss it at moderate or low speed. Another thing is if you cut the chicane without slowing down - that would certainly do it.

5. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    "Testing" was done in ranked racing with the only TCR I have... I definitely slowed down, but botched it while being pressured. So a bug, perhaps?

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You can try with the Lada Vesta free car. I did and you have to really go for it to get damage.

7. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    No maximum damage?

8. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    At Red Bull Ring, on the second corner, if you almost flip the car (right side tires up) but save it, Civic suspension receives maximum damage (note: normal heavy breaking before tuning into the corner, so no extraordinary speed this time either). Something is obviously wrong with this car. Vesta doesn't seem to mind curbs so much.