First Custom Championship Impression!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Apr 3, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    So I just finished my first Custom championship in R3E!

I raced the WTCC in 12 rounds against 22 AI's with qualify and 15 minute races, the AI set to 103.
    Just noticed some small bugs, that are addressed in other threads.

What goes for the overall experience, it was a blast!
    The AI was behaving better than ever, and it was an awesome, fun and close championship battle!! :p
    [​IMG]

Although, they could be better at avoiding other crashed / sliding cars, instead of just hammering the brakes and making the accidents even worse!
    I had a few minor accidents, but nothing just because of a bad behaving AI.
    Just as much or mostly my own fault.

But there where three things on those 12 rounds that stood out, and that was that there was some spectacular AI crashes I havent seen before.
    First this crash at Mid Ohio!! :eek::confused::D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then there where two accidents at Moscow Raceway.
    This SEAT went of track and in to a wall mid race and damaging the gearbox, he actually finished the race, but drove on first gear all the way the following 6 laps or so.. :D
    (might have been better if he would have pited)
    [​IMG]

Then there was another of tracker on the same spot when it was three laps to go, and he stood there in the gravel trap for the rest of the race! :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So now I just have to ask, is this a part of some new coding for the AI?
    Or was it just coincidents?
    Anyway, brilliant job S3S!!

Hats off!

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I did a small championship with 10 cars the Audi 90 Quattro. It was a lot of fun. I can only wish for more livery or car to race with that car.
    Custom championship with different class would be epic!

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    +1 for the great custom championships and AI behaviour. I run a GT2 championship and this is the 1st time i experience that not all AI cars have the same "car settings" and same driving stile. i have had real good battles with several AI-s on Bathurst, and some of em were fast on the slower part of the track but could be easily ovetaken in the long straight section, and other one was really struggling on the slow section but he was flying on the straight...
    So amazing job on AI S3S so far, however i would really like to see some more AI driver "mistakes", ocasional AI pitting after an exident, and better "accident handling" (basicaly they just slow down like hell atm)...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    The Audi 90 Quattro is my favorite car in this game!
    I truly hope they will do something epic with both this and the Touring Classics class, just like they are doing with the Group 5 Class!!

+1

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Started yesterday a WTCC 2013 European Championship, that is so fun!
    I know it's in a very early stage but now that I've tested it I can't wait to have full flags, two-race format, handicaps, proper mechanical damage, pit stop requests and full garage support all like the good old Race 07...
    ...oh and variable weather as well!!
    Patched this Monday? Great!! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    And don't forget Reversed grids! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I've been having a lot of fun with the new custom championship feature.

Does anyone know the difference in the scoring options; FIA, Historic, Pole and Qualifying?
    I also have 3 other options under scoring system for the experiences but they have code gibberish like $gameplay-setting-scoring-system-DTM2013

Also one minor issue, during qualifying I noticed some of the faster AI will often get stuck behind a slower AI and their times will suffer. I wonder if having them exit the pits during qualifying a few seconds apart might help this? Might seem trivial, but I would hate to win a championship because the AI points leader started in the back of the grid due to this issue.

Finally will the custom championship get more options for example; qualifying (F1/DTM format), mandatory pit stops, driver swaps, weight system/success ballast, two race format, etc....

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I was actually wondering the same thing, and I have those wierd last options too..

9. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Gonna take on a championship in a car i have rarely driven and treat it like a career...I'll do a quali before to find the difficulty, to a level where I'll need a big improvement over the course of the championship to at least qualify in the top 6. Grids of 24, I'll be looking to start about 18-20th and hope to improve, and my target will be to have a podium.

In most series I run 105-110%, but there are a few DTM13, GTR1, GTRX that I can't do at that level, I run about 95% for those :mad: but that's cool I'm down with that...

I've hardly driven the SR9, have done recently, I like it, but I'm way off the AI pace at 105%....So may do something like this:

Radical SR9
    30 min Races @ 105%
    8 rounds

I'll keep ya posted!! I think this is a brilliant addition the sim..

Can you change the difficulty as you go along??

10. Jo Ré Ta Po

Jo Ré Ta Po Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I don't think you can change the difficulty along the way.

And I agree, great addition. I hadn't played in a month because I felt like there wasn't much left to do (like in AC ...), but these custom championships + new multiplayer car/track combinations + easter sales = YAY !

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    That's cool....

Ive just run test 20 min quali and at 95% came 22nd at Indy. just over a second of the pace...I probably could have got another tenth or two...but I think 22nd is good starting point...

So 105% is a little optimistic for me atm :)

12. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    It really depends on the car and track combo. I find the A.I differs from one class to another. Its odd.
    Maybe its me who is no good with certain car and need to lower the ai... Who knows.

13. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I'm same with a few other classes but run upto 110 with others....I like it.

14. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Twice I've started the championship I wanted to do and twice I've had to quit it....Is there an option to turn pitting off?....with SR9s they pit on 30 min and 15 min races...or am I just blind??

15. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Turn off, tire wear.
    Hoping to get a mandatory option for pit stops!

• Like Like x 1
  16. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Cheers @heppsan

The SR9 AI are way too aggressive in slow corners even at 93%

I may do a different class.

17. Jo Ré Ta Po

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I love this feature (well, should be standard for any racing game) but how on earth is it possible to still have dopplegängers on a GTR2 grid with the 10 thousand billion liveries that now exist ? :(

18. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Which cars do you own?

19. Jo Ré Ta Po

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Ruf only with a single livery. Every other car pops up, but sometimes twice the same color scheme.

20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0