Released Flag Rules

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I've zipped up the data for you. I'm in the Eggenberger Volvo at the back of the grid, messiest start I've ever encountered. You'll soon see my gripe eventually on the opening lap. I went from 30th to something like 5th passing only 2 cars on track. Rest crashed, dqed or got a drive through.

Anyway, here is the replay data, it really was a big mess. https://www.mediafire.com/?u5xxc6k25zr99pa

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. XR Freestyler

XR Freestyler Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Here is an Example. Look at 2:17:47

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    So you got a stop & go for passing a car that spun off track..nice.:confused:

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys. Will check these out and pass them along to the devs to see what they can come up with.

Hmm, this is really weird... This obviously shouldn't happen, and it doesn't make sense to me why it would. Clearly needs more investigation and work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. XR Freestyler

XR Freestyler Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    The confusion is, that the Penalty was given bevore overtaking the Car that spun off.

6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I don't see where the car spins off in that vid XR - I see the penalty given at 2:17.42 but where was the incident?

7. XR Freestyler

XR Freestyler Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Spin Off @ 2:17:52

8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I don't. Guess that video must be haunted or sth. ;)

What I see is a car ahead spinning @2:17:53, which triggers a yellow and the give pos back timer. @2:18:27 the penalty for not giving the pos back is handed out.
    The only thing that's not right there is that the car that caused the yellow wasn't regarded and treated as a such, i.e. being allowed to be overtaken without penalty.

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Would it not help if a Dev posted what the logic is behind the system, as I'm sure a lot of problems occur from the lack of understanding of who has to give way to who and why, been caught out several times myself and I kinda know the rules, everything is going on so fast that if you don't concentrate on what you're doing, more chaos ensues. Why not cancel all flag penalties at the first couple turns but have a point set, just after each turn, with a minimum time fixed, (101% of the fastest quali lap or similar) stopping the professional cutters?
    Better still get a Pro driver to explain to the many that races are not won but can be lost at the first corner!

10. rafnix

rafnix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    my guess is one has to reduce speed immediatly also even use of brake might be nessecary

11. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Haunted like you Mr. Palmer? Or should I say BOB? :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    If it wasn't brought up: option for blue flags despite different classes in multiclass event.

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Mike, is that you? ;)
    Feel free to join me at the Black Lodge.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Nice! :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. d!neX

d!neX New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Got a weird penalty yesterday, too. After watching this scene a couple of times I think this might be caused by one of the crashing pilots leaving the server. The one arrow on the mini map disappears and the crew chief informs me about the penalty.

Here is the video. Scene starts at 5:20.

16. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Love the flag rules... Except yellow flags.
    It's innovating having a yellow flag penalizing but thing the algorithm it's not accurate and can be unfair.
    Had some penalties with race wrecked sometimes.
    Yesterday I was in a 4 car fight, was in 4 place. The 2 first car s crash close to us, the car in from off me braked no to hit them and I passed on his right side.
    It happened in 2 seconds all of this and I get the penalty because I turn right to avoid the crash and passed the 3 car that was also trying to avoid the crash.
    Even worst, the 3 car slow down, waiting for one of the crashed car and I had to stop and wait for him.... Then I was losing all the position and the I continued the race tired of waiting... Had a stop and go and then quit race.
    Its a deal breaker... Unfair.
    This situation have to be judge by humans...
    Take off yellow flags penalizations, and keep them only for warning us from crashes ahead....

Does anyone thinks like me???

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I just got in here to write of a similar situation that I had:

I inadvertently overtook a car during a yellow flag.
    A few moments after that, a car retired in front of me. The game decided the issue was resolved since I gave one place back, and the clock to give back one place disappeared.
    But the next moment I got a stop-and-go penalty. Race over, essentially.
    That is simply a bug.

There are A LOT of scenarios and situations to consider when implementing a flag system for multiplayer. Like this one, the post above this, and many others. Frankly, with all due respect, it looks like a lot of them have not been considered. The system is somewhat broken.

18. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    I always get a drive through for overtaking under yellow flag ? i was on P3 ... then [yellow zone] just passed the crashed guy... still on P3 .... and get a drive through ??? this happened very often to other drives too... record was 3 x DT Penalty in 1 Race.. just for pass the crashed cars

19. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Well obviously crashed cars shouldn't be considered. Maybe don't consider any car not on the track, if such an indication exists in the code. Don't consider a retired car. Etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I had a yellow flag warning at Suzuka yesterday. I ended up having to give 2 places back, despite not having passed any cars. This was in the area of 130R which I believe is where the track "overpasses" itself - maybe the game is confusing itself on where cars are in relation to each other?

• Informative Informative x 1