News Flash sale refund option

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jul 1, 2015.

1. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

This week we have received feedback from the community about the "50% off everything" flash sale that was running from Monday through to Tuesday evening. As it turned out the image and text used to promote this big thank you sale created the assumption that the popular content packs would receive a "double discount" . Which sadly enough turned into disappointment for some when it was not the case.

As we stand proud on listening to your feedback about anything and everything we do, we want to offer our apology on the confusion it created. The intention of this sale was to be a big thank you for your participation of the free weekend. It was absolutely not intended to create a confusion or to dupe people during this sale.

Therefore we want to offer anyone that has purchased packs during the flash sale to apply for a 100% refund of the purchased packs during the flash sale.

What are the requirements for this refund:
    • Having bought a pack during the flash sale. In the period of Monday 29th of June 2015, 20.00 CEST and Tuesday 30th of June 2015, 20.00 CEST
    • You will have to apply for a refund through our helpdesk
    • For a smooth process please use "Flash sale pack refund" in the title of your ticket, provide your email address used for registering you game account and your account name as used in the game.
    What will we do:
    • After the approval of the refund requests you will receive a redeem code worth the full amount of vRP's spend on purchasing the packs during the sale
    • As a gesture of goodwill the purchased pack will remain in your library so you can still use them in RaceRoom
    • And of course for our next sale we will do our up-most to be clear on what is on sale and what is not!
    Last but not least we want to extend our apologies to anyone that feels duped by the unclear communication about this flash sale. We appreciate your support and honest feedback on this and we hope that this gesture will go a long way in your trust in us to keep on delivering.

Please accept our apology for this honest mistake.

Best regards,
    The Sector3 Studio Team
    ----

As an alternative solution our CEO is offering a Swedish meal and ride in a Volvo family wagon should you want one! Travel not included ;)

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Love it! Love it! x 11
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Blimey, that's incredibly generous

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that's beyond generous - wish I'd made that mistake now! As usual, great customer service, makes a change from many other forums/companies...

Can I take my Volvo ride during Rally Sweden next year please? ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    That is one really nice gesture. Sadly I did not buy any packs in the sale though so I am not eligible.

I'll buy the WTCC14 pack as a gesture of thanks to S3S for being honest.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Fair shout S3, I already own all the content (when's some more due?) but yet again a small company putting the big boy's to shame.
    Great customer service, great feedback on the forums and a bloody great sim!
    Kinda makes you feel all warm inside!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Alessandro Greghi

Alessandro Greghi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    This is really nice, honestly speaking; good job ;)

I didn't buy any packs with the sales, cause the discount model (buying yesterday or tomorrow is the same due to the sales nature), but for sure i will buy some of them in the future :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chris Wright

Chris Wright Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to S3 for the superb response to this issue. I would have been happy with an adjustment equivalent to 50% of the normal price pack, but the gesture you have offered goes beyond that and, I believe, reflects very well on your community responsiveness. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I am not affected by that 50% misunderstanding, but I appreciate your attitude, Sector3. Some others could take that as an example.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Meatballs at IKEA? I'm in! :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Very honourable. I hope newcomers will see that there was nothing duplicitous about this offer, it was just a mistake in the wording.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm happy! Bought WTCC2014 so now I've got some credits to go towards the next track or two.

12. Elva

Elva Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    This was nice and shows that your listening to the players.

Although I think adults have a responsibility to not click the buy button if they don't want content for a certain price. So many are gonna take advantage of this offer just to save their precious 5 bucks, meaning less money to Sector3.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  13. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3 Studios = Best. Developer. Ever.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Talk about going above and beyond.

• Agree Agree x 7
  15. jcookeusa

jcookeusa Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    This is a very respectable response to the miscommunication about the sale -- bravo Sector3! However, it does seem rather silly at this point regarding the lost sales (not the refund for pack sales -- that's a good one).

I had added ~$50 worth of packs to my cart prior to the sale, seen that they weren't discounted at all during the sale, and chose not to buy them. If Sector3 had simply provided a true discount on those packs during the sale, they could likely have sold much more content. As it stands, I'm sure much revenue was lost because of folks like me realizing there was NO sale (on the packs) and deciding not to buy. (And I'm new, but am considering buying much of the RRRE content, when I feel it's going for a good price.)

So be it, I'll keep an eye out for the next sale on the content I want (the packs). Thanks again, Sector3, for doing the right thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    That's how you can see how fair and honest they are! Ty S3 for being so kind and generous to us! ;)

Much appreciated!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I also think that a proper sale on all packs would have had more revenue then no sale on the packs and now with full refunds. Marketing wise not the best solution imho.

But besides that S3S response is really appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Thats true, my brother had the Group 5 Pack lined up and he decided not to buy because it was a bit pricey. He is still waiting for a sale to get the whole pack a bit cheaper.

Still, I felt bad to see S3S losing revenue with the refunds and free content but S3S had really gain a lot of respect from me. This really show that S3S does take feedback from the community and follow up with it. Bravo!

Just a question, why arent other packs(such as GTR2 pack, Group 5 pack, M1 pack and so on) listed on Steam? It seemed like only the DEKRA packs like ADAC and DTM packs are listed on Steam.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Second that. As always I had a detailed look of what goes and what not and accepted the conditions given - but yes : you could have the impression that literally anything is 50% off. Maybe just a bit hasty decision to make a nice gesture -shit happens sometimes even if the intentions were good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Now that's what I call a good excuse!!
    I'm not affected, but it warms to read something like this from developers!

Something other devs should take learning of!!
    On another game forum (not naming any names) devs would go slightly mad over criticism like this.. .

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2