Resolved Force Feedback Randomly Dropping.............

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Not Lifting Off, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    And coming back, will drop out for 0.1 - 5 seconds, where i have no feedback and am unable to change gear but can still steer, suggest power\driver issue, but is constant and only happens in RR.
    Changed usb port, lowered graphics to low, updated wheel FW and drivers, chipset drivers, still happening.
    Only started happening in the last couple of weeks, since the last patch im thinking but may be wrong, never had it happen before.
    Essentials
    8700k@5.1
    1080ti
    16gb@3000
    samsung Odyysey Vr

Edit - Yep, most essential bit missing, been there before aint we !!!
    Fanatec V2, CSR Elite pedals, both on seperate usb ports

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    You might wanna mention what wheel you're running :)

3. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I think log files could help, can you upload some game.log where it happened?

4. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Not sure mate, i also have a feeling that it may be server related, as in cant cope with the traffic. As for logs, i assumed these were only needed and generated when there was a game crash.
    MWT And game log attached for last session, happened there.

Attached Files:

5. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I have put it in the bug tracker :)

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Had any Windows updates over the mentioned period, has caused me a couple issues these past few months, profiles mucking up for one, some weird s**t going on with Windows and the internal usb hub lately. Not read into it but defo something not right. Shouldn't have to unplug/plug usb's to get them to register but I get random usb's drop out of existence, eh, randomly.

7. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    No updates, im pretty strict with that stuff, only updates when i let it and havnt for quite a while.

8. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    So all logical software and hardware options explored, drivers, firmware, different ports, disconnected stuff, uninstalled more stuff, still no joy.

Remember this ;)
    NLO <----- Knobhead (Shut the fuck up, who woulda guessed)
    If at some point in the last couple of weeks you disconnect your rim from your base, make the fuck sure you push it all the way back on.
    Went in to Fanatec control panel again, except this time when i steered left or right the red x for no connection was coming on, take rim off, examine pins and socket all looked good, pushed rim back on, all works perfect, obviously not fully seated after removing it :blush:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  9. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Can I ask that you let the windows update flow, and then try again?

We've had something similar with Fanatec wheels running on outdated windows systems.

For RaceRoom events, they had disabled updates in Windows settings as a way to prevent updates from suddenly rebooting a machine in the middle of an event.
    As a result, the fanatec driver had some trouble coping with the obsolete windows.

I can't remember if we ever found which update exactly fixed it, but after re-enabling them and bringing them up to date, the issues stopped occuring. And also they found another way of choosing when updates are deployed on their event computers.

10. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Cheers bud but it was simple user error as explained above :)

11. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
  12. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    It might not be your error though. We had trouble with the connections loosening up over time, so they would start disconnecting more and more often. We had to develop our own clamping mechanism to fix this.
    @J-F Chardon : It wasnt actually Windows Updates, it was Windows 7. Only Upgrading to Windows 10 helped, which is why we no longer sell WIN7 Fanatec systems.

13. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Fair point but i recently bought an X52 hotas system for use in Elite and took the rim off to make room to use them then put it back on within hours, i prefer to think it was user error than my QR system failing ;) It had never happened before and hasnt in the 2 days since i found it!