Formula 1 TV coverage

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IGEM, Nov 22, 2021.

1. IGEM

IGEM New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know a good way to complain about Formula 1 TV coverage? (preferably by Email). I am a life long F1 fan but I'm really considering stopping watching it because of the terrible coverage. Mainly the way overtaking manoeuvres are totally ruined by onboard cameras. Onboard cameras are fine but NOT to show overtaking. Once the car doing the overtaking is along side the other car all you see is empty track!! You cant see if the manoeuvre has been successful until they cut to another camera but by that time it's over. It's not like they have no option because they then show it from an external camera - WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE USED IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE YOU SEE IT BETTER!!! As you can see it makes me mad. I cant find any way to complain to F1 so if anyone knows please let me know, thanks.

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
  3. cletusdeckow

cletusdeckow New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks, Balrog

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    At least now there are multiple cameras on all cars - the solution is to take out a subscription and be your own tv director. Back in the 90s there were only 4 in car cameras and host broadcasters would usually focus on the leader or best local driver for the whole race so you would miss a lot e.g. Senna´s fatal accident in-car, which cut to another shot just before the car crashed.

5. IGEM

IGEM New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your idea. I've joined that forum and posted thoughts on the subject. I dont know if anyone with influence reads these posts but I hope so. Thanks again.

6. cletusdeckow

cletusdeckow New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At the very least, there are several cameras on all automobiles now; the solution is to subscribe to a service and become your own television director. The race was broadcast from only four in-car cameras in the 1990s, and the host broadcasters would usually focus on the leader or the best local driver for the entire race, meaning you would miss a lot of action, such as Senna's fatal in-car accident, which was cut to another shot just before the car crashed. cookie clicker

• Funny Funny x 1