Formula Jr. AI faster in straights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clevername, Apr 30, 2021.

1. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I love the Formula Juniors, but I am always slower than the AI in the straights. Any driving or setup advice?

2. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I drive default setup and I'm not slower on straights. Corner exit speed is key and check if your padel does 100%.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    This is very much a momentum car - you can't afford to slow down too much in the corners. It's slow to accelerate so if you are slow through the corners you will lose time all the way down the following straight relative to the AI. This is of course true of all cars but particularly true of cars that accelerate slowly.

Also maybe try staying in a higher gear (to maintain speed) through corners - it's not always necessary to go down to 2nd or 1st.

4. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Good tip. My pedal was not fully doing 100%. I'm still not faster than the AI on straights, but I'm keeping up now.

5. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Are you using adaptive AI or setting the level yourself? Because if I'm not mistaken, one of the biggest changes in the ai settings is how fast they handle the corners. And as Skidmark said the faster you can take the corner the faster your exit speed and the greater your acceleration on the straights. So maybe slow the ai down a notch or two, and then try to follow them through the corner until you can beat them on the straights then turn them back up again.
    Just a thought.