Released Formula RaceRoom 2

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/locking-camera-to-horizon.294/page-2#post-21314
    You can play around with the values so you can have it bounce the way you like.
    Take of those heavy snow boots before playing. ;)
    Seriously, you can make the back a little softer (arb, springs) and, depending on the track, increase the ride height.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Picked up the Formula Pack ,and a bunch of fellow simmers did too,and had a great time. Great job Sector 3
    my only 1 complaint is as I like to have my fov just as one would be sitting in such a car,I have no wheel displayed ,my wheel is right there ,and the side mirrors each take up each side monitor,and when i say take up i mean take up..they are huge..but the rear view i get from them is not very good..i know I could use the virtual mirror,but hate to do to keep it as realistic as possible. I know thier has been many thread about proper triple monitor support but this is where it really shows the worst.I have made due with the gt cars ...also i use rear view alot,and since the side mirrors do not give a very good rear look(due to stretching) i find the rear wing totally blocks rear view....is there a way possible to do like GSCE where a file can be edited to make the rear view without the wing?? other than these couple little quibbles the formula cars are very good and I look forward to any other models sector 3 may have in the works eg: 2015 F1,old lotus etc....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    You'd have to kill half the devs to get a f1 2015 look a like. I think they are going to make something a lot better. fingers crossed for v10.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    It might be the reindeer, they reduce downforce. Merry Christmas!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Does it help if you whack the front wing up a few notches?

6. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    wow , just noticed default setup has both wings max out at 10 - set them to 3 or 4 and hang on!!!!!

7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    You can map keys to adjust cockpit movement (I believe it's in the secondary controls menu, I use + and - ). I often find I have to adjust it differently for different cars, so turning it down on the RF2 might help your situation.

8. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I would say it looks quite realisitc when watching such onboard vids...could even be worse :D .
    Must have distinct neck muscles.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Same problem. Messed with the lock...I have adapted now.

10. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Tried em last night....was a bit tough at first...had all sorts of issues. Not sure what I think, since I am not an expert with these cars in other sims, but it certainly feels different to me.

My first time to press the gas, I spun out in pit lane....not really sure what some are saying that they are tame.

Anyhow, welcome addition to the game, something different :) It is clear they still need some work, but that doesn't stop them from being very good.

Good job and it was a VERY good price!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Tail braking: keep braking until the apex (by decreasing the pressure of course)
    Gas only when the fronts wheels face towards.
    Avoid kurbs

This is the basis of single seater driving ;-)

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Maybe some of you haven't noticed, but the physics update also included changes in the car setup department. For a number of cars the maximum wing value is 16 now, so 10 isn't maxed out any more. Just in case you didn't notice. Should mind that in your new wing calculations.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  13. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Do you know, I was sitting there looking at these names and thinking they were very familiar but couldn't work it out. Thanks!

14. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I know these cars are stiff and the driver is put through a rough ride. But, the car and driver should both bounce together to a point, not the car without the driver. The responses seem to indicate I can tweak to reduce the excessive car movement, that's a good thing for me. I don't get motion sickness, I just don't think seeing the car bounce so much is realistic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. William Wester

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I mapped Camera Movement to keyboard keys and adjusted while in car, worked perfect. Camera movement was like 40-45%, I lowered to 5% which to me looks more realistic. I still get vibrations as I should but the car isn't "bouncing".

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  16. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    In brand hatch the bouncing was very bad.

17. William Wester

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Look above, map keys to Increase/Decrease Camera Movement (secondary controller menu) as suggested by Brandon. Works perfect.

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If you want to get max motion, try Macau f.e. ;)
    Editing the camera files actually fixes thatn can make the movement more realistic (more visual car body movement, less horizon/world movement). As explained by some others in those threads, our head and eye physique is made to balance or filter out a lot of this and it does irl.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  19. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    finally i have had the time to try this thing out, and it is pretty impressive, however it screams for a formula style rim :)

good job guys!

20. Orisa

Orisa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the FR. 2. The cars feel great and the sound is as always fantastic.

But ....
    Could it be that some driver from Grand Prix (1991 MicroProse) are ?
    Robert David, Henry Latour, Jean Paul Cassell, Andre Lux or Carlos Sanches ;)
    [​IMG]