Released Formula RaceRoom 2

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    but what about realism ; immersion ; being a real sim etc etc etc ....

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Besides, the AI doesn't really need to see brake lights, does it? ;) And here, they're the ones not braking soon enough.
    I expect it can use the car coordinates and deduce quite quickly that there is a deceleration.
    For us though, that's another matter, I'm usually trying to look for my own marks and keep some distance when approaching a corner when I'm behind the AI, because I know they can brake on a stamp. Still, I'd rather not have brake lights if the real cars don't have any.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    The car is fantasy, so if we so wanted, we could have added brake lights, but we didn't.
    That is how we see it :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I think the majority would agree with that decision. :) And in reality you should be anticipating the leading cars reactions anyway, if you don't brake until you see their brake lights then you've probably hit the binders too late.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i thought we were supposed to use the guy in front to slow us down ... damn last time i do a Pastor Maldonado school of race craft course

Andi

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    275468.jpg

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    That's precisely what the AI drivers do ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yeah.
    It might be a fantasy car, but it's still a single seater formula.. and car like that don't have brake lights.. because they don't have to :p

Myself I don't find the AI braking "over the rules". Playing them at 105 difficulty I often brake latter (i.e. last chicane after the 130R @ Suzuka) and still can make it.

But yes they can be agressive, not giving you enough space, etc.
    But it's the way I like it, FR2 is like GP2, drived by young racers with a lot of will and sometimes they can be daredevil .. this is great.
    I feel less playing against a computer and more against a "virtual driver".
    Of course sometimes it's not so great and there might beno perfect. But overall it's one of the best IA ever in a racing game.
    With the FR2 I can have as great races as I have against real players in MP... with 20 opponents at the start, to the finish line unlike many MP races...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SMZ

SMZ New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

What is HUD lower right?

10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Suspect that's the new HUD that's been mentioned for next year.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it's the new hud (in its current state, no idea if it will stay that way or see some changes)
    Here it is in action:

No idea if it was supposed to be published, via that channel, but that's not for me to decide. ;)

J-F Chardon feel free to edit or delete.

• Like Like x 3
  12. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    New HUD looks good :)

Unfortunate thing is, based on its location in the video and assuming its location can't be adjusted, part of it is still going to be behind the bezel for us triple screen players :mad:

13. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    What if the new HUD is ajustable, so you can pu it where you want it or that it has a couple preset places you can chose from?
    Then it should work fine on triple screen ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Yep and I surely hope so :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I would hope its position is fully customisable for the benefit of single screen users too. We all run different FOVs and seat positions so there may be parts of the cockpit view we don't want obscured by an overlay. This may also vary from car-to-car.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Squid Cap

Squid Cap New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Like the new, HUD, informative and gear index is clear.

One thing i have found a bit hard is the cockpit graphics, rev lights are too dim for me, have to use only audio for gear changes. It doesn't even need to be super bright, just the red "leds" brighter so that there is a chance of peripheral vision to detect it. At the moment, you are in a wall or in someone rear if yo try to use the cockpit lights, you need all the concentration for that information alone... Almost rather took it completely off so i don't try to look on it.. ;) Causes maybe more harm than is of use.

Same goes for in wheel display, it's not much... They are self-illuminated in real life, haven't looked that close but i expect some kind of emission map is used, maybe tweak that up just a bit..

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive driven a f2 style open wheeler, and i found that i couldnt hardly see the lcd display in the cockpit, especially when the sun was behind me. I had to shift all on feel and sound..

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Squid Cap

Squid Cap New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This might be the reality, my only reference is onboard F1, some have very bright rev leds, some don't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'd guess it's something the rl drivers can have adjusted to their preferences. Some might find it disturbing, others need the peripheral info.
    After all it's just a simple led array that can easily be dimmed/brightened up if the driver requests so.

Would be ace to be able to adjust the led/display brightness in-game ourselves. ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    What was the FFB like?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1