Released Formula RaceRoom Junior

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Sven Blumenthal

Sven Blumenthal Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Awesome just awesome ! What an excellent driving experience with that car !

Big thanks for that great enjoyment !

Keep pushing the game ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Sector3 push push push:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    can someone post this car getting out of shape - pushing it, it looks much too planted.. "on rails"

looks cool vo!

well done

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    So no floating? ^^

Sorry @MsportDan, I just can't stand...

5. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i wouldn't say floaty but it seems like a slower versions of the other fr car.. i think it should feel a bot more loose with the apparent lack of wings.. but I'm only going by videos ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Right have had a few laps with the junior and first impressions were bad, did a lap of the Nords and only lost it once by going a bit wide and mowing the lawn, next lap though I pushed it and that's the trick if you like instability, gentle as a lamb if you just drive it but if you really drive it it becomes a different animal altogether, got the front end crossed over on several occasions, great sensation of everything going light on the elevated tracks and once in a race very hard to catch up, lost ground because push a tad to far and snap.
    Gotta say great fun and I'd imagine hard to master, with tyre wear set to normal in a 15 min race at Portimao Sprint they were very nearly shot and mistakes became oh so easy.

Great little car, solid addition to the S3 garage, suited to just about any track to boot, nice one S3!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Driven it around the Ring for a few laps just now, it feels great. I lose the back end on a regular, but now I have something to get good at again! ;)

8. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Nobody forced you to buy anything dude. Its a free world.
    Me on the other hand, even if im unemployed, i say bring me more Sector3.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Just keep releasing and take my money all you want S3.
    R3E is exactly what i expect from a simulator and have no problem keeping development healthy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    Good Grief :eek: But your self-portrait tell us the true story any-hoo ;)

Heavens to Bettsy !!!! I only just realised Formula Junior is released o_O....
    ...off for some laps ... Yahoooooooo !!!!! :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Great fun, .. although I do wish it looked like the cars were actually on the track, .. and not floating above it. :(

Definitely seeing air between the tyres and the surface, .. looks like bad cgi sometimes, in external views and replays etc..

.. not too mention, that watching the cars in front of you, .. they look a little weird, at times, when their wheels seem to be floating above the track .. o_O

.. and, what is with that weird tyre screeching when I trade rubber with another car, .. or I scrape along the barrier/fence etc., .. sounds too weird and out of place.:eek:

Love the car tho .. :)

Cheers
    Tom

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Pack purchased! Suzuka also seemed to end up in my basket...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sven Blumenthal

Sven Blumenthal Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I bet you can't drive these cars (Formula RaceRoom Junior and NSU) and that's why you post such nonsense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Give him some slack. Based on his posting style, he's most likely a 14-year old kid. At the most :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh noticed this as well, it looks even worst if you watch a replay, apart from that good fun cars..nice job.

16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I like how he calls it a mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Worst thing is that is not a avatar, it's a real school photo..

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    A very pleasant surprise to see this for sale, and of course I instantly snapped it up. These are the usual high R3E quality, they look and sound amazing. I will say that if you are hoping or expecting R3E's equivalent of rF2's Skip Barber or AMS's Formula Vee - slow twitchy cars with massive lift off oversteer that can practically be steered around a track with the throttle - then you'll probably be a little disappointed. The Junior drives like you'd expect from a small light R3E car with very high mechanical grip i.e planted but still capable of biting you when driven at or beyond its limits. I like them a lot, particularly on bumpy technical tracks like Bathurst or Nordschliefe.

My only real problem is that the cars in front seem to spend at least 50% of their time with 2 or more wheels 10cm off the road surface, which is a bit jarring visually.

19. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I'm lazy, so I paste and copy this from AC forum'S RR-thread, my post:

Formula Junior is out, one car and 22 liveries, 3 Euros. I can not confirm some reports saying that you get just one livery and need to buy the others separately. And maybe it is the best car they have done so far! The physics of this little cutie are very vivid, alive, dynamic, I did not expect this when putting it out at Zandvoort - a track I usually have zero problems to negotiate, I have driven it so much that I am absolutely familiar with it. Not this time - it started with me turning down the engine after ignition twice while not even rolling. :) Then I met Mr and Mrs Kerbs, who welcomed me with spinnings and outbreaking tail to the track. And there was quite some slipping going on. When I geared down too early and the revs hammered into the lower gear at too high speed, again I lost the tail. I then realised that I needed to treat this car with far more care and caution and sensibility than I usually need to do in RR. Next test on bumby and hilly Sonoma and Bathurst. Whenever the car lost weight while hopping over a hilltop, things became slippery again, and beeing too loose when gearing down, I again lost the tail several times. Wonderful! I must admit, if there is a car in RR that does the physics as convincingly as many cars in AC do - this one is it. I then tried Hungaroring, which was an okay ride as long as I did not approach the kerbs and got bitten by them, last I tried the Nordschleife. Just days ago I complained in their forum that I do not feel the kicking by the kerbs in RR's Nordschleife, not comparable to the way AC's Nordschleife can kick your tail sideways if you go over those kerb that usually are recommended not to be rolled over, either your tyre get kicked or the rubber looses traction and the car spins. The physics in RR' cars usually are a bit too smooth in general, for my taste. I now understood that it is not their Nordschleife track but their smoothened cars - because in this Junior car, modelled after the Formula Ford most likely, I had one major crash, two Salto Mortales and two or three spinnings when i ran over kerbs that i used to use in RR, but in this car better should not use. And I loved it! :D Beautiful! All the time the car rumbles, shakes and rolls and the FFB is absolutely spot on. Superb FFB. And have I mentioned that their FFB in this car really works miracles and wonders?

I rate this car as one of the must-have cars in RR. Its one of the best at least that they have modelled so far, physics-wise. And also one of their most demanding cars, it really needed some foresight and care to get it around the track at competitve pace - more than I need to invest in DTM or GT3 cars, for example.

---

I also noticed over the past weeks, already since before they released the Nordschleife, that the player numbers on their MP lobby have increased dramatically at least for the active palyer times of the day here in Central European time zone. Where half a year ago or so I repeatedly looked in the late afternoon and saw two or three desperate wanderers trying to fight against their loneliness, the past weeks I occasionally looked, even played some times, the place was comparing to what you see on the active times of day in the AC server lobby, both in player numbers and how they distribute in low and highe rnumbers on how many tracks. I take it that RR and S3 slowly move out of the valley and up that hill. And I would argue that they deserve it, they now have some hilariously good content on offer and have one and a half year of very convincing improvements behind them.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Thank you guy's it's a great little car.As stated above by Skybird this little car will bite you .I put about 5 laps on the ring in the leaderboard challenge and it bit me on more than one occasion.It's very skittish and vulnerable to the kerbs, bumps and the dam grass.Excellent job boy's.:cool:

• Like Like x 3