Released Formula RR US

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Feb 23, 2017.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Being looked into as far as I know, it should be included eventually.

Well, there will still be an all in 1 livery pack from what I heard. It just wont be 200 vRP. This was a bug. It's actually supposed to be xxx (im not sure what the actual price will be, but it's likely more than 200). So, buying the car separately and then the livery pack later should still get close to equaling the actual price of the all in 1 pack of 729 vRP. It might be slightly more as an incentive to buy everything in 1 transaction, but Im not sure.

As for ease of use... once the systems get fully implemented it will be nice.

Buying a car with all liveries in 1 click, or buying a car when you can afford it and buying the livery pack at a later date is nice too. The only problem here is that the livery pack price is bugged.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I for one was pumped I could buy all the liveries in one go again, haven't run a single session in the same livery yet as I like trying'em all out.

Still need to see if I can figure out why the FFB acts strangely in the car though, but at least it's giving me an excuse to run the damned thing everywhere. :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I would kill for Sebring.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    @ 0:00 - 0:30 ... they make a very good figure on the oval (part) ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

... when we see more stuff like this??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Right, so after having tried the car at numerous locations I've come to some conclusions about what was bugging me.

First off is how the car transmits the surface of the tracks through the FFB, there's alot of noise in it that just isn't there in other cars and makes it feel like the RR US is bottoming out a lot, even when the ride height is maxed.

Second, this noise in the FFB gets really unpleasant if you run minimum FFB at all making the feel of the wheel grainy and unprecise almost as if you're clipping even though the forces are actually very very minute.

Third, the general FFB strength of the FR US is very very low compared to the DTMs and GT3s almost like it has power steering which feels really weird in a car known for being very physically demanding to drive and having no power steering. I fixed this by changing the steering force intensity from the 75% I was running in the DTMs to 150% with the FR US, ideally though a future patch could bump the default internal number in the RR US though or give us a car specific FFB multiplier.

The second issue isn't an issue at all, I've now tested other cars with 0% minimum FFB and they all drive just as nice as I'm used to so that issue's out the door, the third is easily worked around but just doubling the steering force intensity or however far you can go without clipping. That just leaves the first issue of the car feeling like it's bottoming out no matter the track or ride height.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    They sure do look weirdy going thattaway on the roundy-track, Cletus.

I kept watching, hoping to see a T-Rex chasing them!

7. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Hi rodent,

I see you're looking for a car specific ffb ,if you go into the car tuning page you will see a steering settings tab click it and you have a car specific multiplier in there.

Hope this is what you're after.

Thomas

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Thomas, will check it out, guess that one just slipped by me. ;)

That still leaves the problem of the FR US feeling like it's bottoming out though.

9. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I've been reading your posts and had a few runs with the fr us last night and it felt ok but I'm running Fanatec ,I'll have another drive today and I'll get back to you.

Thomas

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Thomas I appreciate it, I'll keep at it as well but I think I'm coming to an end of what I can test myself.

11. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Just ran Laguna with the FR US, Formula Tatuus, FR 3, FR 2 and the Merc DTM 2016. Of all the cars only the FR US has that weird bottoming out feel. I disabled all the FFB effect setting like slip effect etc. There's definitely something going on with the FR US that just isn't there in any other car that I can find and it's sadly not for the betterment of the FR US. Perhaps it's a T300 specific issue but I don't see how that could be when all the other cars work great.

On the bright side, playing around with the settings like this, damn the FFB in R3E is good.

12. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Number 1 livery missing... :eek:

Juan Pablo Montoya?

Btw.. more cars to the grid would be cool, since Indy doesn't stand with a fixed grid

13. Robert Haines

Robert Haines Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Purchased this and went to Nordschleife for a few laps. The car did bottom out in a couple of places as it probably would in real world conditions. For me it only added more immersion to the drive. Tried spa didn't happen for me there, many more tracks to try with it yet.
    Overall good addition to this sim

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Can't say I notice anything unusual on the T500, but it's really hard to understand what your feeling.

15. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Heh yeah I get that, it's low intensity stuff in the FFB. Best I can describe it is the feeling of the car scraping the surface, only time I felt something similar in my testing was when I took the FR 3 offroad at low speeds. Honestly if it doesn't bother you or if you don't notice it, awesome. :) It's being looked into which is all I ask for, in the meantime I'm having a blast with other drives and will no doubt return to the FR US because it's real fun to go flat out in corners I instinctivly want to lift in. :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. FjayX

FjayX New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The FR US is awesome! Ok, the brakes little bit tricky but great fun to drives :)
    Good Job sector3 :cool:
    More skins please :)

17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This, Im not so sure about. FFB strength feels fine with the default car specific value to me. Think i may have changed it +0.1 from default though. Havent needed to change my global FFB settings at all with any car I have used in the game in the past year.

If it is feeling a bit weak to you, increasing the car specific FFB value is as good as anything else, or I suppose you could take a look at your global FFB settings to see if things can be improved there.

Beyond that, the feeling... or lack of feeling through the FFB was discussed internally before the car released. A few people felt like the FFB didnt translate much detail from the road, and others felt it did, but it was more subtle than other classes. Tough to please everyone I suppose. I think this is a bit of a problem with every super fast, high downforce, low weight vehicle in any sim though. They just feel much different in the FFB than slower cars do, due to how all that downforce affects things at speed... and then when you are going slow, the FFB is weaker. Altering this was thought to be possible, but words like "tires" and "bricks" were thrown about from that point in the discussion :p So Im not sure that would be the answer.

I've found that reducing brake pressure makes it easier to brake without locking up... and playing around with brake bias can help with stability a fair bit :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Changing the FFB strength caught me off guard too Nate, as I've been very happy with my FFB settings since the rework of it last year, everything driving nicely out of the box until the FR US. Now this wasn't all bad, in my hunt for what I feel is wrong in the FR US I've tweaked my settings a little bit improving what was already my preferred FFB. In my testing flurry I've noticed that you can't change the car specific multiplier once you leave the garage though while you could still adjust the general FFB settings making it easier/preferable in my testing to just adjust the strength rather than the multiplier. But I'm real glad I noticed the setting, it will be great for days when I'm not rapidly going from car to car to car to find what's wrong. I'm not sure why the FR US starts with such a low strength when the DW12 is known for being very physical to drive, but since I can work around it I no longer feel that's an issue. And let's face it my dinky little T300 will never really replicate the massive workout these cars supposedly are in real life anyway. ;)

Now I agree a high downforce car should feel different, and it does, like I mentioned I really like the feeling you get in cars like this when your instincts are telling you to slow down but you actually should speed up. That said the FR US has a low intensity FFB scraping sensation not related to the downforce as it happens in places like the starting straight before the car is fast enough to be applying enough downforce. It's minor, but it's not there in any other car in R3E. If it's by design, I fail to see the advantage of it as it just makes the car unpleasant to drive but fine, then it's on me for being happy about car packs and not actually test driving it. The reason I'm going on and on about this is because I feel the car has massive potential to be my favorite open wheeler in R3E and S3 have proven again and again, this patch being a perfect example of it, that they are not averse to going back and polishing up already released content.

Edit: Writing this over the morning coffee I just realized who I'm turning into going on and on about FFB so I'm now just going to carefully back away from this thread and uh... Go talk about the M6, yeah.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps you can start a new thread for what you are feeling in the community support area? As you say, might be good to keep this thread clean of specific issues... especially if we try to offer some more advice :)

Not slagging off any of your comments or thoughts... as I have an idea that may be worth trying if you dont mind spending a few moments setting it up.

And apparently Thomas mentioned to me that a few beta-testers noticed similar things to what you were describing which I was unaware of. As I said, for me, I dont notice anything weird.. but I can describe that in more detail in a new thread perhaps :)

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  20. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I'll post this here as well:

A tip for anyone who doesn't know. When using the FR US you can hit PageUp and then Home to get a T-Cam view.

For anyone who didn't know about these "hidden" camera settings.