Forza Motorsport 7

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andy Kettler, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 0 / -0
    FM7 February 2019 Update

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_february2019_update

"This month, we’ve introduced a Force Feedback (FFB) update for wheel users. This update addresses issues that were causing latency between the physics frame and the FFB frame, which manifested as oscillation. With this update, wheel users will feel less oscillation and hitching in wheel FFB"

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 0 / -0
  3. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Well my settings didn't end up working well enough with different sorts of cars.

There are some smart fellas on this forum, any ideas?

4. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 0 / -0
    They changed a lot on the ffb with the last 2 updates. Maybe it´s a good idea to start from scratch with default settings.

They also updated the FFB Guide 4 days ago: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360012736414-Wheel-Setup-and-Tuning

Wheel Updates
    Wheel users will see some improvements in Forza Motorsport 7 this month. We’ve introduced four important updates:

1) Per-Car Wheel Tuning – Each car in a player’s garage now has a tunable setting for steering wheel rotation scale and force feedback. Players can now set their steering lock with soft locking and steering force, and those settings will save to the garage car. Note that this feature is not usable on rental cars and does not save to the tune itself. This tuning menu is accessible from the Tuning & Upgrades menu.

2) Dynamic Damper Behavior – The recently updated force feedback (FFB) introduced a dynamic damper to FFB. Some players prefer a linear damper; as a result, we’ve introduced a new dynamic damper effect slide which allows players to scale between the current dynamic damper and a fixed linear damper. The existing damper scale still scales the damper as it did before.

3) Load Sensitivity Tuning – The current FFB system in Forza Motorsport 7 is based on actual wheel loads. Some of these loads occur at a higher frequency. The game filters the very high frequency loads and bucket them as “Road Feed.” Some medium frequency loads are bucketed as “Align Torque.” The new Tire Load tuning setting allows players to filter out the medium frequency load to create a smoother FFB experience.

4) Wheel Telemetry – We’ve added a new panel to Telemetry to show players their current steering wheel torque in graph form. Because the game sends FFB torque, damper, and spring to the wheel separately, the game cannot display the actual level of torque saturation for the wheel. Torque is displayed as it is sent to the wheel, a normalized scaled between 0 and 1, with 1 being the maximum. Spring and Damper are normalized to the default setting.

5. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Thanks but I already saw all this but I'm hardly the vehicle dynamics expert though.

Hell, I dislike Raceroom for having a billion settings for the feedback but at least the defaults are decent

6. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 0 / -0
  7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    What are your thoughts on Forza?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  8. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    HDR is a game changer. FOV needs adjustment slider. World movement under braking is extremely exaggerated.
    Its a pretty good game to sit back and have fun, specially online.

9. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I do not have HDR on my screens. I would have bought it instantly if there was VR support. Sadly it does not have any. But I’m thinkg to buy it never the less just for the fun. I love the GFX pf forza. It can’t compete with a racesim like R3E of course.

10. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Well just downloaded the demo but whatever I try It won’t start. :eek:
    It starts but after a couple of seconds it crashes.. strange.. any users here who had the same problems?

11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 0 / -0
    Idk sry -.-

• Like Like x 1
  12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +467 / 0 / -0
    The demo has been withdrawn from the store for a while now. There is a free trial period in the full game instead.

13. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I downloaded the game from the MS store. It was the full game i presume as it was 100gb+.

14. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 0 / -0
    To run it without issues you need to have the latest graphics driver and windows 10 update... and it also wont work with a local windows profile... That are some things that i remember...

15. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I noticed more problems with Forza m7.
    I have the latest gfx drivers, win10 updates as well and I never use a local profile.
    I will download the game again and try to get things fixed. Perhaps the game can’t handle my 7680x1440 triple screen setup.

16. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 0 / -0
    Our #ForzaRaceRegulations open beta for #Forza7 launches on April 11 (Pacific Time). When it's live follow the below steps to find the correct hopper:

-Start the game
    -Go to multiplayer
    -Select the Forza Race Regulations Beta-Hopper from the list
    -Have fun!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 0 / -0
  18. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 0 / -0
    Forza Motorsport 7 June 2019 Update

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_june2019_update

Forza Race Regulations updates are at the heart of the June 2019 update for Forza Motorsport 7, which arrives on Tuesday, June 4. Since the public beta launch of Forza Race Regulations (FRR), the team at Turn 10 has been working diligently behind the scenes on the system, building new features and making rules tweaks in order to get the best out of the FRR features. While highly anticipated features such as collision-based penalties are still being worked on, this month the team has introduced several new features to FRR.

Let’s take a look at what’s new with FRR in June:

Podium/Grid Seeding

With the June update, players’ positions on the podium will be based on total time including any penalties earned during the race. In addition, players’ starting grid position for the subsequent race will now take into consideration their total time, including any penalties earned during the previous race.

Track Cutting Enumeration

The FRR system will now keep track of and display track cut incidents when a player cuts multiple corners in a row before returning to the track and allowing the FRR system to resolve time penalties. These sequences of penalties will be displayed to the player using an “X2, X3, etc.” enumerator.

FRR HUD Settings

Players can now choose to enable or disable penalty notifications in the game’s HUD settings.

Exploit Fixes

We’ve fixed some previous exploits in the FRR system with this update, including:

1) Infractions that occur before the Finish Line are now accumulated in the aggregate Penalty Time per player.

2) Addressing an issue where players could DNF the entire lobby by excessively cutting the track.

FRR Spectate

Players can now spectate FRR-enabled lobbies, including the public beta FRR hopper.

FRR Ruleset Changes

In addition to working on new Forza Race Regulations features, the team is also consistently looking at rule set tweaks that can be made to improve the experience for players in FRR-enabled lobbies and events. For example, last week the team made a ruleset change addressing issues around players accruing penalties at corner exit and when going off the track on a long straight. In addition, the team removed the penalty incurred for overtaking cars while off track.

As we continue to optimize the FRR ruleset and features, we welcome feedback from the Forza community. Share your thoughts with the current state of FRR by posting your feedback in our dedicated June FRR thread in the Forza Forums. While comments are always welcome, video is even better. If you’ve got a link to a video that highlights an issue with FRR from experience in an FRR-enabled lobby, feel free to share it so our development team can get a better view of what you’re seeing on the track.

FM7 Release Notes: June 3rd, 2019

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360024365713-FM7-Release-Notes-June-3rd-2019

The June update for Forza Motorsport 7 is now live. This month’s update includes work on Forza Race Regulations features and ruleset changes, as well as some quality of life improvements and track updates.

FORZA RACE REGULATIONS

Fixed an issue where a player gained a track cut penalty when passing another player when both are off track.

Fixed an issue where the “OFF TRACK” notification did not leave HUD while in Test Drive inside the FRR Cycled Production Beta Hopper.

Fixed an issue where, when a player is playing in an FRR-enabled lobby with friction assist enabled, remaining off track incurs zero penalty time.

Fixed an issue where, in an FRR-enabled race, the end-of-race timer was not delayed by the accumulated penalty time if the user in 1st place did not re-enter the track before the finish line after excessive track cuts, DNFing the lobby.

GENERAL

Added icon for “Jump to Manufacturer” inside of Marketplace/Cars menu.

Fixed an issue where track assets would unload in Free Play or in Test Drive during the pre-race as part of the Forza Driver’s Cup campaign.

Fixed an issue where players can edit a locked tune by setting the setup minimum PI restriction higher than the car’s stock PI.

Addressed LOD visibly popping on several tracks, including Bathurst, Indianapolis GP, Sonoma Full, Lime Rock Full, Maple Valley Full, and Nürburgring Full.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 0 / -0
    "The work on Forza Race Regulations (FRR) in Forza Motorsport 7 continues with the July 2019 update! This month, we’re introducing the first iteration of collision-based penalties – known in game as “Avoidable Contact” – into the FRR feature set. In July, the implementation of FRR avoidable contact penalties will be focused on penalizing the most egregious examples of contact (i.e. intentional ramming) in the game. The system will do so by considering several factors when judging contact between cars, including speed, position, and how the struck car is affected by the contact (i.e. whether it went off track, into a wall, etc.)"

Forza Motorsport 7 July 2019 Update

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_july2019_update

Changelog: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360025888233-FM7-Release-Notes-July-1st-2019

• Like Like x 1
  20. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 0 / -0