Problem Fov in Ultrawide monitor

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Vadim Egorov, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Vadim Egorov

Vadim Egorov New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone, explain how to set up FOV, only in RaceRoom I encountered problems, in other games like AC and ACC there are no such problems, the fact is that I have a 25 inch 21;9 monitor.
    For AC and ACC, I use the calculator on 1 screenshot, hFov 37.
    In RaceRoom, the settings do not take into account that the monitor is 25 inches 21;9. How to set up hFov correctly, which would work out as in the ACC.

Foto1 https://ibb.co/NCjtYq9
    Foto2 https://ibb.co/kgCgrjB
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I would try adjusting distance to screen until hFov reaches what your calculator says.
    upload_2022-3-31_3-57-37.png
    (screen of hFov on my settings)

However, if I'm not mistaken AC and ACC use vertical FOV, not horizontal. If in these games you set FOV to 37°, that's vertical FOV, so your horizontal FOV is something around 76-77°. So if you want Raceroom to look similar to what you see in AC/ACC, your vFOV in Raceroom needs to be 76-77°.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vadim Egorov

Vadim Egorov New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    when I enter screen size 25 in the RaceRoom, it does not take into account that I have 21:9
    picture turns out terrible, it is impossible to go
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  4. Vadim Egorov

Vadim Egorov New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Are you advising to set this up?
    tell me how you counted it?
    [​IMG]

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I suspect that's not what causes the problem. Your AC/ACC picture looks better only because you didn't put vFOV value in it (17), and instead used hFOV value (37). If you put 17 degrees in AC/ACC (as your calculator suggests), you'll get the same very narrow and unusable field of view as you had in Raceroom.

Your monitor, even though it has an ultrawide ratio, isn't physically very big (58 cm wide, right?), so mathematically correct FOV ends up too narrow. So you'd likely benefit from using a wider FOV than what the calculator suggest.

I simply moved sliders in the calculator to get vFOV = 37, then looked at hFOV value - it was 77.

If you like the field of view you have in AC/ACC, then yes, use these settings, it should look the same. Or you can adjust them, make FOV smaller and bigger, and see what looks better for you. Some people prefer wider FOV, some prefer narrower or mathematically correct one. It's just a matter of personal preference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  6. Vadim Egorov

Vadim Egorov New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  7. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I use 70 with my 21:9 screen