Problem FOV Setting - Smaller Multiplier than 0.5

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gh0st, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Gh0st

Gh0st New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello dear Community!

I would like to set my fov multipler on 0.3, as according to andyf.me fov calculator, its my math - perfect fov.
    How to set it on 0.3 when in game setting is limited to 0.5?
    And secondly, can I somehow calculate it more accurate (With perfect degrees number rather than some multipler)?
    Or have the few degrees no meaningfull impact on driving?

Bonus question: Have you set your fov to a math - perfect fov? if yes, how did it influence your results? if not - why?

Thanks a lot, and I hope my grammar wont make any problems.
    English isnt my first language - so if you dont understand anything - just ask and I will try to explain :D

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    in my opinion 0.3 will be horrible
    what is your screen etc

Andi

3. Gh0st

Gh0st New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey!
    Im using acer gn246hl, which is 24 inches long.
    Im not sure how far I am from the monitor, but it is about 90 to 100 cm.
    Here are some pictures, which I just did. Im not sure if they will help.
    I found some settings in the files, for my fov and I will see how it works. But as you mentioned, 0.3 sounds awfull...But I dont know any solution yet.

Attached Files:

4. Gh0st

Gh0st New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So, I went into Userdata and Graphic_options. There, I managed to achieve the 0.3 pov. As you said, it was horrible. So I went for a new Idea, as you see on the photos below. It looks bad, but the feeling wasnt terrible - with fov 0.5. The thing is, the degree of the Monitor is definetly wierd, and ofc im terrified by the border- stability of the monitor. Definetly not safe or perfect. Do you or someone has any idea how to fix the problem without buying a new *cockpit* (or how you can call it). Maybe monitor arm?

Attached Files:

5. Gh0st

Gh0st New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Btw yes, this position was for experiment only, dont hate ;p

6. Gh0st

Gh0st New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Suprisingly - I made the Screen more stable and I went 1,5 sec quicker when I was comparing my normal set up with 1.0 with the new 0.5 at my arms lenght set up. I could really feel the bumps as I was there! Goodnight.