Problem FOV triple screens - since update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by D. Valspar, Dec 21, 2020.

1. D. Valspar

D. Valspar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Since update it seems the FOV is not working or adjustable . I have the Launch options in place and in game FOV set to .6x. changing this setting seems to do nothing now. Everything was fine before update.
    I tried deleting "graphics_options.xml" but still no luck.

2. Sammyvee

Sammyvee New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a strange issue with my triple monitors since the update too. Not sure if it is related to your problem though. My issue is the video is now upside down. Removing the triple screen launch options from Steam fixes this, but I need the launch options string to display the video correctly across all 3 monitors.

My launch string is the same as it was before the latest update...

-triScr 800 -40 610 355 4 610 355 4 45 610 355 4 45

Anyone else having this problem? See attached screen shot.

Attached Files:

3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    The in game FOV slider has never worked when using the launch options as the launch option that specifies your eye distance from the monitor is effectively adjusting the FOV. In game you can map and use the triscr adjustments to fine tune

4. paokkerkir

paokkerkir New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Something is very wrong after the update, all my cars have a fov from the backseat with triples.

5. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Try map the key to reset triple config, that helped me fix the backseat/upside down issues. Had to change the monitor distance using keys as well.

6. paokkerkir

paokkerkir New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The game registers wrongly the triple screen config. It takes the screen height for eye distance etc.

7. Jan Lehmann

Jan Lehmann Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    same here

8. paokkerkir

paokkerkir New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok I found the solution.
    Delete your triscr launch options, and add only -webmenu

Then, with the new menu configure the triples from the FOV options. Very nice fov menu by the way, at last.;)

For some reason, the game keeps the settings from the webmenu even if it is not enabled, and completely disregards -triscr parameters.
    Also, fovscale is removed completely, but can be edited with the xml.

9. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I actually left it the way it was but mapped the key and changed FOV in car. I actually got a better feel now. I just sat on the front straight at Laguna and Moved it until looked as it does for real. I'll try the above method though as I don't want to be running something not accurate.

10. D. Valspar

D. Valspar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes that's what it took. I must have missed this "-webmenu ":( . I had no idea that was available, real nice UI. Thanks so much for this.

11. Sammyvee

Sammyvee New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, good news about the new FOV menu.

So I removed the old Steam Launch Options string for triple monitors, and added just the -webmenu string. I then proceeded to the new FOV menu and changed all my settings as shown in the screen shot, but I am still racing upside-down.

Attached Files:

12. Sammyvee

Sammyvee New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fixed the problem by deleting Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\graphics_options.xml file. You will then have to re-configure all your video settings again.

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If anybody else is having issues with their triple screen setup and want to give this solution a try, please send us that graphics_options.xml file before deleting it from its folder. Attach it here or on our Discord's help channel.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 1andOnly

1andOnly New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Does it mean that I have to delete the gfx config file and at the same time use -webmenu as starting patameter and input my dimensions and angles within fov setting in this new webmenu? Because only deleting the gfx settings file and doing new config in old menu didnt work for me. Setting fov to 0.5 didnt do anything for me (back seat like view) and keys assigned for changig fov dont work. Please help. Thanks.

15. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    for test
    so the correct order for triples is

- delete graphics_options.xml

- start the game without -webmenu to set correct resolution

- start the game with -webmenu to set correct fov

?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Christian G