Problem FPS difference

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NoXiD, Feb 15, 2015.

1. NoXiD

NoXiD Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i am despair in terms of my current performance on some tracks i bought.

So the situation is really weird. I hear and read in other topics that with my system it should be not problem to play this game on max settings. But i cant do it. But that's not the worst case i got. Much worse is the signally difference between some tracks.
    One example:
    With my current video settings i got on Nürburgring with a full grid of 24 cars on average 70 - 90 fps. It runs very smooth, no problems to drive.
    When i make a race on Moscow Raceway with the same settings it is unplayable. Fps average 20 - 35 fps. So, why are there so huge difference between some tracks? And why got other users not these extrem differences and more stable and better fps with lower PC specs? For example my brother he got a GTX 670 and can race on Moscow with stable 50 fps on max settings with high car reflection!!!
    I cant belive this. I try nearly evrything to locate the problem. Drivers etc... New Win7 installation..... Nothing happens.

Is it helpful to send you "LOG-Files" when something like that is possible?

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    It might help to know exactly what your settings are in-game. Perhaps typing them out, or even better, taking a screenshot and sharing that would be good. This would be helpful because "max settings" mean different things to different people for some reason. Do you have absolutely every setting cranked up, including bloom, lightshafts, fxaa, AA, reflections, etc. What about multiple gpu's? Do you just have 1?

What about the general visual settings in the menu previous to the graphics adjustments. Are you running 1 monitor or 3? 1080p,1440p, or higher? What about your global settings in the Nvidia control panel? Your gpu, being a 9xx series card, may have "DSR" turned on by default, which is severely taxing on your gpu. And if you happen to have that on by default, and turn AA on in-game... your fps will be awful.

When you race on Moscow... do you notice your card getting extra hot or loud? It probably wouldnt do that, but still...

A bit more info might definitely help diagnose your problem. Because you are right... your gpu should not have any trouble running this game and you should be able to turn all the settings up.

3. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    GTX970 here with max setting Nürburgring get below 50 fps, i wonder how you get 70~90fps? What is your graphic card?

4. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    also it has to be said that optimization is still taking place, so you will get better fps on some places compared to others.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  5. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Most troubles with the framerate for me was on Norisring and Zolder. Nothing too bad, just a bit choppier than usual.

6. NoXiD

NoXiD Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    @nate; 1 Monitor and 1 GPU 1080P | My GPU is stable on 44c and avarage use ar 40%
    @Jay Ekel; Thx for the info. I really hope the new tracks do not have the issue on my rig.

Here are the settigns i currently have

Attached Files:

7. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    Try running the game in fullscreen mode. IIRC the performance is better that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, those settings dont at all look out of the ordinary, and I would expect you to not run into much issue. I have only ever done hotlapping at Moscow, so I am not sure if I get the same fps hit that you get on that track. Perhaps it is one of the tracks that would benefit from some more optimization, but Im not sure if that is entirely the issue.

You mentioned your gpu is cool and does not overheat, so that's good. But you mention it has an average use of 40%? So, when you have been playing the game for awhile, say 5 minutes, and you check, it says you were only at 40% gpu usage? That definitely sounds... off.

Are you running really old Nvidia drivers? Even if you are running current drivers, perhaps re-installing them would help. If this doesnt, maybe try the previous driver version and see if that works better. You can always revert to any of the old drivers fairly easily, and all it really takes is time. Just a few minutes downloading and installing. If you do a "clean intall" it will wipe all of your gforce experience and nvidia control panel settings, so be warned there.

I really dont think I would know anything else that could help. Are you experiencing this on any other track or just Moscow? Maybe it really is as simple as it not being as optimized for your in-game settings you want to use. Do any other games you play cap out at 40% gpu usage? Do odd framerate drops happen in other games? If so, re-installing the drivers may remedy this.

Cheers

9. fet_thunderdome

fet_thunderdome New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i noticed that in DTM experience and in ADAC experience, the FPS are much better than in RR3E even with more cars on track. and hardware is not my issue.. (i7 4790k, gtx980 and so on..)

10. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    For me the FPS killer is shadows especially split shadows.
    I sacrifice shadows to Low for better frames and more cars on the grid.;)