Problem FPS problems after Windows 10 update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Erico Stefanni, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    John from Inside Sim racing has had major issue's since the patch as well, he hasn't even managed to get his PC working properly since, even the so called in built repair tools say no.
    MS have got to stop forcing updates, especially on 3rd party stuff, and stop treating PC'c as tablets. It needs the general public to have the balls to say no to MS approach, say Win10 is bullshit, give me my money back.

• Like Like x 1
  2. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad I didn't go to win 10. Sounds like too much of a hassle to me !!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    These stuttering issues, were they happening in Win 10 in general or only after the anniversary update.

It doesn't seem to be the case for everyone who gets the update which makes this harder to narrow down but I would wait for Microsoft to fix/improve issues resulted by that update. A quick googling around shows that the anniversary update has some issues.

4. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    And pigs will fly..:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sonat, in my case R3E was definitely running a lot less smooth after the update to build 1607. All of a sudden there was stutter that wasn't there at all on build 1511, but there was something else going on as well, something quite difficult to describe: I did my testing at Spa and at slow corners (especially at La Source) it was like the passing scenery was presented in a number of large "blocks" instead of in a smooth motion. Don't know if that makes any sense, it was as if the corner was presented as a 5 to 10 slide slideshow, I don't know how else to describe it. But at all times (stutter or "slideshow") fraps was never showing less than 75fps, same as before the update. Back on build 1511 everything runs smooth as butter, the way it did before.

What I posted in above in post #20 about being able to induce stutter if I run R3E at settings which yield around 60fps without Vsync enabled, holds up in build 1511 though. But I suspect that has more to do with my specific hardware configuration (40" 60hz LED TV hooked up to my GTX 1070 with a high speed HDMI cable), I'm not "blaming" R3E nor Windows 10 for that.

Anyways, there's nothing I really want or need in the 1607 update and many things I absolutely DON'T want on my system, so I'm just gonna stay on build 1511.

Cheers !

6. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Just tried this on my daughters lappie, she was only really having problems with a Realtek audio driver which stops the headphone socket from having a sound, all seems good now..cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    Problems with stuttering here on my Desktop PC after Upgrade from Win10 1511 to Win10 1607 too. :(

Before the Upgrade I had a FPS problem with all official nVidia drivers newer than 361.91.
    After the Upgrade the FPS problem has gone but the stuttering problem occured with all official nVidia drivers (latest official for me: 368.81). Disabeling VSync helps to get rid of that stuttering.
    But what I dont understand:
    For testing purposes I yesterday installed the drivers for my GTX 670 via the Windows Device Manager (what I usually never do).
    Result of this procedure: I had a driver version installed which isn't available on nVidia's driver store. -> 369.09 WHQL.
    With this driver installed RaceRoom didn't start anymore with an error message popping up before the start screen comes up that said that "There was a problem with starting the program and you will be informed if there will be a solution for that"?! Now.. What's that???

Attached Files:

8. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    We haven't done any updates since the last big patch so it's safe to assume that it's either a Windows update or another driver update (perhaps NVIDIA?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. EnricoS92

EnricoS92 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, mine was a different problem that I explained in an earlier post, not related to the anniversary update; I've had no problems since then (even berfore Hotfix and Nvidia driver update).

10. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    My video stuttering issues started after fresh install of win7 then upgraded to Win10.
    After I received build 1607, I have a new problem with games in general.

I hear a "critical stop" warning sound (Ding!)
    Raceroom and codemasters F1 games (tried 2012, 13, 14) will switch to the UI menu - MID LAP
    or any game in a bordered window, the window will flash and the game stops responding
    and my other monitors will flash a different color
    All at the same time.

I have to alt-tab back to the game to get it working again.

***edit***
    Oh, I forgot to mention....according to my stopwatch, this happens every 3 minutes.

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    have you looked at the event viewer to see whats happening every 3 minutes ?

Andi

12. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Was the very first thing I did. Nothing shows up at 3 minute invtervals.
    I also shut down various processes, one by one, to see if they were causing it.
    To no avail.
    Danny

***edit**I
    Forgot to mention....doesn't happen when I am not connected to the internet.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  13. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hey Danny,

Do you get any error popups or messages on system tray? Perhaps a "driver stopped responding and has recovered" type of message in system tray notification section.

Sounds like your display driver crashes and recovers. Since you mention that it doesn't happen when not connected to the internet it might be clashing hardware.

14. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    hi Sonat,
    Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye out. But no, I get no messages at all. And I have seen the "driver stopped responding" messages ages ago, I know what to look for.

Since I'm on a triple screen setup, it's been quite the pain.

I did notice (from the command prompt), extra IP addresse appearing and disappearing for a quick moment. Too quick for me to write down.

But, just in case.....;)
    Since my first post on this issue, I put a text message on my desktop saying "STOP! you're F-ing up my games".
    The frequency went from every 3 minutes to about every 15 minutes.

Then, I put a jpeg on my desktop - "flipping the bird" with the appropriate accompanying - ahem - "terminology". Now the frequency is a couple times an hour maybe? that I noticed. meh, I don't know if one thing had to do with the other.

Re-configuring my games library to exclude any that require an internet connection. That should solve that problem.
    Unless there are other suggestions.

15. Pepeu

Pepeu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was able to run the game with the old vĂ­deo driver, but yesterday the was a new Windows 10 update!!!!! And then....low FPS again, even with the old driver or the new one. Fix installed as well...

16. Pepeu

Pepeu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I forgot to say...I could run the game only after deleting my Simbin folder...It was crashing as soon as the race starts...

17. Beep Beep

Beep Beep New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Here's a possible fix for this... by any chance you have surround sound enabled in game? If so set it to stereo.
    Please don't think i'm joking. This fixed the fps problems for me. Don't know if it will help you but worth to try.
    I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  18. rysslass

rysslass New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I turned of the position bar in HUD settings, now it just stutters when it shows sector times.

19. soeren_b74

soeren_b74 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem with R3E and Windows 10 Anniversary update. I solved the problem with switching R3E from full screen to window mode. Using one screen only, don't know if it works for triple screen, too...

Besi

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Beep Beep

Beep Beep New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not at all. Running Windows 10 and the latest nvidia drivers with no problems here. To me the problem was in sound settings. Rolled back to plain stereo and can play it again with all maxed out and fullscreen without stuttering.

PS: Another thing that came to my mind right now. Check where the Physx are being held. Be sure to check NVIDIA.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016