Problem FPS problems after Windows 10 update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Erico Stefanni, Aug 4, 2016.

1. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    interesting thread, I am having an older PC with w10 x64. from time to time i have this stuttering aswell. I tried everything to lower the video settings in game, didn't help. does not matter if I turn off all effects. on the Nordschleife it is ok during a pratice session. but as soon as I go in to reaply the frame rate drops from 60 to 40, going up and down, sometimes its stuttering. I gave it up to find a solution. perhaps it is just this game :)

2. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
  3. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    thx, but my current pc does not support this feature. As soon as Raceroom will support VR I will get a new one

4. Subway

Subway New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After long time i make a clean win 10 install and now i have heavy performance problems stuttering etc.. and yes i have now the anniversary update.

waiting for bugfixing or some new ideas ?

5. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    hello my name is christoph and I'm new here in the forum.
    I need your help please. after the last win 10 64 bit update two days ago my R3E no longer running well. jerky only and is not playable.
    my system is fast enough for all options before
    Intel Core i7 6700 / Nividia GeForce GTX 980 Ti DDR4 16 GB 256 GB SATA SSD 3TB SATA HDD
    I like R3E and play everyday but now it is no longer possible. I hope you can help me

6. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    tri to set 59 hz in your monitor native resolution, and in game too.

7. Christoph

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the quick feedback
    where I can make the setting in R3E about 59 hz.
    how does this help me? you have the problem also had?

8. juan Fafian

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

my english is very limited, look this vid

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Christoph

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    many thanks for the efforts :)
    it has improved but still unplayable for races.

10. juan Fafian

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    did you change to 59 hz in your monitor?

11. Christoph

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    oh I've obviously forgotten :(
    I will try the same again

I will adjust the monitor tonight and check for whether the problem is resolved

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  12. RacerMark

RacerMark Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm this worked for me also, although unknowingly I had done this before seeing the fix as I was trying to use my usual settings on lower resolutions. The stuttering remained until back to 1920x1080 59hz. I couldn't understand how it had changed, until now;) 32" led single screen is still on 60hz, no issues:)

13. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I am having this issue as well from time to time. I still couldn't figure out if it is based on the graphics settings or just the resolution/hz thing. I have the feeling when I lower the motion blur settings to fast and high, or even mid it is better. some times it is fixed as soon as I restart the game. perhaps R3E is just and old game :)

14. Christoph

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I will use tonight your informations and then report here if my system runs better
    and again as fast and good as before the win 10 update.

15. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
  16. Christoph

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I did everything according as described here in the forum.
    have 60 FPS constant but a tremble in picture and stuttering and it is therefore not playable
    pity that I'm out and play no possibility more R3E.

if someone of sector 3 can help me it would be nice.
    have the pc bought exclusively for raceroom racing experience and before the last update of win 64 everything was perfect

17. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday evening I have problems as well. I don't know why whatever I've changed suddenly I had no smooth image any longer. so I change the resolution back and forth, didn't help.I changed or turned off motion blur and o it didn't helb, then I switched raceroom to window mode and suddenly everything was fine again. But I also noticed that I cannot turn on steam overlays any longer.Also the FPS from the Nvidia driver is not showing up, only the shadow play status symbol is visible. I have to feeling that there's something going on with Nvidia drivers. I also tried to create a custom preset in the Nvidia control panel for raceroom. I turned on the single window mode, maximum power and v-sync. But everything seems to be random. And suddenly I get " Ihave 60 FPS constant but a tremble in picture and stuttering". I don't know if it also depends on track. I mainly drive on the Nordschleife. But sometimes it is there and sometimes not. In window mode I saw ( Process Explorer) that the CPU consumption is around 20% and GPU at around 25%, so nothing really heavy. Practice labs.

18. Christoph

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    @ Fl0wfr3,

in my system are the same error.
    I have all the graphics card drivers updated and reviewed by the screen. Everything is ok.
    I tested on Different tracks and the error is repeated. the number of cars on track is not affected.

I also do not understand why RaceRoom Racing is no longer running.
    someone has an idea what I have opinions?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  19. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    if you hunt around you will find that a lot of people are experiencing this problem with certain dx9 games in windows 10 ; one of the latest updates broke some of dx9 ;
    there are articles on toms hardware etc ...

Andi

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    nice way to force people to jump on a higher dx version. OK, there are a lot of articles in the internet about the issues with w10 and dx9. Know I know where it comes from. It probably has nothing really to do with Raceroom, its more a Microsoft issue and dx9 support in w10. I will try to install dx 9.29 (June 2010) - hello, 6 years old :(

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016