Problem FPS problems after Windows 10 update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Erico Stefanni, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but I can't understand you :)

2. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Yes Sonat , is good for me , with Vsync actived ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I was having the same problems after the anniversary update (W10) my initial thoughts were that it was because i had changed my fov. After reading the posts i unchecked the vsync in the raceroom video settings and now is all back to normal hope this helps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Beep Beep

Beep Beep New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The VSYNC set to adaptative in NVIDIA control panel sent my rarely stuttering away for good.
    I have VSYNC in game enabled.

5. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    With the setting Vsync in game is different here but at all it now functions again.

6. Doug

Doug New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Hi , i found the issue but updating to the latest video driver and then turning v sync off in the game did the trick,

7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I don't have Win10, but there were reports on some massive performance issues related to Xbox Game DVR, at least in some games

8. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    No idea if it has something to do with the Windows update that forced it's way in last week (and messed up about everything, from having only one of the three screens working, to wrong speaker setup, to JoytoKey not working properly, button box not recognised and I can go on for a while) - I could sort everything out, except the sound.

But here is the thing I notice now.
    Whatever car or track on the out lap, there is nu issue, but as soon as I start the second lap, I get stuttering, a lot. FPS stays around 80-115...
    Now when I turn the timing/position bar off, the stuttering is gone, FPS does not change. When I turn the bar on again, stuttering is back...

Any ideas what could be wrong here ?

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Bet you guys are looking forward to Windows 10 Creators Update which is due to be released in spring 2017..:rolleyes:

11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I was having this problem and posted in another thread about it. Just updated chipset and SATA drivers - no luck.

Then i SET FULLSCREEN OFF - now works perfectly, triple screen and all, super smooth!

12. RacerMark

RacerMark Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if this may be related, but lately (since update KB3176935), I experience fatal crashes in full screen mode. This locks up my pc, black screen and no mouse/key input, forcing a hard reset:eek:
    N-vidia CP is on FAST, no ingame v-sync, single screen 1920x1080, works fine windowed and works fine fullscreen until exit where fullscreen causes the crash.

13. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Since a long time I started playing Raceroom again. I updated the Nvidia driver and set vsync to fast. as long as I drive alone I don't see any stuttering, except! replays. In replays I always notice stuttering. I don't see any positive effect by turning off antialiasing, FXAA, lens effects, depth of field. I'm using Microsofts Process Explorer to check the GPU and CPU. None is at is maximum. It should be fine. As soon as I start a race with other opponents I get stuttering every time an opponent comes into view. I'm playing Raceroom on a Sony TV with 60fps.

Is it just me or does somebody else have exactly the same problem?

14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This is a known issue that snuck in with one of last updates, considerable fps reduction in replays under certain circumstances. It's being investigated.

• Like Like x 1