Bug FR90 tires post-patch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by CheerfullyInsane, Dec 19, 2019.

1. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Something's going on with the new tire-model when it comes to the FR90.
    It's just impossible to keep any heat in them
    At first I thought "Well, this is me in an open-wheeler. You're obviously not pushing hard enough".
    So I did the same test with both the FR2 and the FRX. And while I'm not about to win any competitions in any of these cars, I can certainly keep the tires warm.

What this does to the handling on the leaderboards where temps are always perfect, I don't know.
    But I have seen people on RD complaining about just that.
    And there's definitely something wonky.

EDIT: Nearly forgot.
    All three test were done under the same conditions.
    Practice session, all default set-ups, recording started at the beginning of the 4th flying lap.

2. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Sorry not solving any issues here - But are all those GUI's (especially the tire) available without a plugin? Is there anything like that in the game? I always end up checking the motec screen or having to pit to get the tire temps.. I would love this.. But being in VR - the one time I tried a 3rd party GUI plugin it killed the fps..

nathanw

3. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Wrong guy to ask. I've never used VR, so I couldn't say.
    The HUD I'm using is the OtterHUD ( https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...custom-webhud-with-additional-features.13152/ ), but whether or not it's usable in VR you'll have to try for yourself. :)

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Noticed this today as well. Took it around suzuka which means one fast corner after another and i couldnt get the tires anywhere near decent temps. Doesnt really seem to affect lap times tho as my time on cold tires wouldve put me a tenth or so off of the leaderboard p1 which of course was set with optimum temps

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020