English FR90 US series starting saturday 7/6 9pm central

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by todd ritter, Jul 1, 2019.

1. todd ritter

todd ritter New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Alright folks! time to have some fun with F1 the way it should sound and feel!!

This event features Raceroom, which is free on steam, and we've designed the content to coincide with the steam summer sale so you can get everything you need for less than 12 bucks! Just go to the Raceroom website and buy 1100 virtual race points. DON'T BUY THROUGH STEAM DIRECTLY, BUY THE POINTS.

The car being featured is the FR90 V12 model based on early 90's F1 technology. I picked the V12 because.. sound!

we'll be doing an F1 style racing weekend with a 30 min practice, 15 min qualy and a 30 min race with mandatory pit stop.

fuel and tire wear is on. visual damage only, ALL ASSISTS WILL BE AVAILABLE so if you struggle with these cars, switch on the abs or traction control. we just want to race and have fun.

we'll be using a password on the server to keep out idiots.

Lobby will be called CSR FR90V12
    Password will be : clean

track selections are as follows.
    first buy the FR90 V12 car in whatever livery you choose.

7/6 - Algarve full (portimau)
    7/13 - Shanghai full
    7/20 - Red Bull ring
    7/27 - Hungaroring
    8/3 - Paul Ricard
    8/10- Twin Ring motegi Full
    Don't forget there's a mandatory pit stop, so set up your pit strats and make sure you know how to do a stop in raceroom.

Points will be awarded F1 style 1-10 with the best 4 out of 6 races

Clean racing is strictly enforced, so play hard but fair.
    We have a Discord channel which you are strongly encouraged to join, lots of laughs and it really helps coordinate things if we need to communicate with everybody.
    pm me for discord invite

any questions feel free to ask!!!

REMEMBER THERE WILL BE A PASSWORD FOR THE SERVER
    "clean"

• Like Like x 1
  2. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    thanks for hosting. was expecting Algarve so Sepang was a bit of a surprise.

3. todd ritter

todd ritter New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, we decided on sepang because of the difficulty of algarve to encourage more entries. i updated several posts but this forum slipped my mind.

next week is shanghai for sure!

todd ritter (bloozmahn on steam)

4. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Where will the championship points be posted?

5. todd ritter

todd ritter New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've cancelled this event going forward due to lack of participation. it's just too much work for there to be 4 people left at the end of a race. i'm sorry, thanks for coming and racing with us. it's a never ending list of excuses why people don't show up and the amount of energy i put in is too much for the "reward" of .. not much really.

6. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I do appreciate you trying though @todd ritter. Are you available for a Tuesday event? It's not an 'offical race' with points but it does get racey..and the language can get salty too. Love to have you join us, last week we had 14 of 17 finish. The DNF's just because of lack of familiarity with pits stops kept them returning to pit lane to complete. I anticipate this go around we will be at 100% completion.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...ng-tue-09-jul-2019.170226/page-6#post-3005831

7. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    There is always ESR North Americas biggest Raceroom group , totally free to join , no subscriptions but great community and vrp prizes https://discord.gg/RgNu7eJ

• Like Like x 1
  8. todd ritter

todd ritter New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i'll try, need to rejoin my racedepartment membership