News FREE WEEKEND

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Damn, just realised I'm not going to able to use a minute of this free weekend, was looking forward to chrcjing out the few tracks I don't have and the touring classics.

2. congo

congo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My friend is trying to start the game, and he cannot login properly or something.
    He gets to the "portal" I think, where his name is there and he appears logged in , but he can't get the game to start.
    Most times he simply cannot login, it simply fails.
    I had these issues as well, but mine suddenly began working.
    How do you start this game?

He did the password reset, he tried to create an account, but his account under that email already existed (we used to race the betas).

Just getting into the game seems really difficult, most people would give up methinks.
    It's a really unpleasant experience dealing with it and now I'm trying to get my friends going, it's just a real pain.

Now, I just tried to launch my game thru steam, it logged in, started to load and now sits on a black screen and is stuck there.

I'm over it, going to do something else with my time, I'll check back in a year or so and see if it works then.

Mods, Just delete my posts plz.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  3. edgarherrero

edgarherrero New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if that issue has to do with a message that pops up when the application is already started, and gives you two options "Yes" or "No", I don't remember the message that the dialog shows to you. It happens to me sometimes that the application is already started and the black screen never disappear, but if I open the task manager so I can also see the desktop, a second instance of the RaceRoom application is running, showing the message. When you press "Yes" the dialog suddenly closes and the game starts normally.

4. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    No different on PC tbh.

5. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Ive run into (or they ran into me, literally) these types of "crashkids" recently during this Free Weekend and its a real shame.
    Im very pleased to see the multiplayer servers being id say twice as populated or more than before, racing against more drivers is more fun and R3E could use a player boost.

However im also sad to see some of these new players are just behaving awfully, not even remotely close to trying to race, even making aline senna look like a god damn angel in comparison.
    One example is yesterday on Redbull Ring, some new names driving in opposite direction on track, somehow not becoming ghost cars in the process and aiming to hit people in head on collisions.

Its very sad to see because this behaviour hasnt existed much in R3E before this free weekend, atleast ive never run into 2-3-4 people driving the track in reverse trying with all their might to hit every car thats trying to race.
    Its a real shame this because it might give people the wrong impression of R3E and/or its playerbase.

This Free Weekend is a great initiative to attract more players to R3E, it just annoys me that this is what those new players get to see, awful races with multiple idiots just ramming everyone :(
    Its not a fair representation of the game or the community at all :(

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree BUT on the other hand I had a lot races with casual drivers and noobs this weekend who nevertheless behaved flawless (Many thanks to them all !) in terms of keeping attention to what is happening around them. I sometimes go on public races with free content on purpose cause it is a good school to learn to anticipate stupid actions and avoiding collisions. Those candidates you mention are actually poor lads who try to compensate their obvious ego-driven deficies by ruining what they can't master (themselves foremost :) ).

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I've played with more settings. I've had to back off most of the good stuff. I have most of the car/track combinations running fairly well but without a lot of detail. Consistently up around 80s-90s with peaks into the 100s. Shanghai though, not matter how much detail I back out or what cars I try, turn one just kills it down to the 20 something FPS and most other areas of the track are in the 40s to 60s. I'll pass on that track for now as much as I like the layout.

On a side note, Bathurst with the Group 5 cars is a hoot. Most any thing with those cars is downright fun.

This kind of brings me around to something I've also said before (not here) is that, why put all the effort/work/resource into options that systems can't seem to run. I don't have a top of the line system but it's not a slouch either and it can't run anything near max settings. Whether it's this game or pCars, Assetto, nobody whether they have an Nvidia GTX 780 or 980 or an R9 290x, can run full out everything so why bother?

Put the extras in tire physics or chassis physics, or soft damage modeling, dynamic engine/gearbox/suspension/tire failures or whatever other immersive options. The other stuff is cool but not much point if I turn it on once, go, "Yeah, looks good... if I want to play a slide show..." and then turn it off. Do I care if there are helicopters or seagulls flying around the track, people waving flags or whatever.. nope.

8. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Been trying to figure out how to describe this. I understand that the car is a modern, sticky race car.

From my one experience at Mosport, though dated by today's standards, any modern race car of at least the last 10 years is surprisingly easy to drive at the limit or pushing the limit. They are quite comfortable really... imo.

Even after playing with the setup a bit, the Caddy seems odd in that the front seems to want to push but then the rear feels like it wants to come around the two seem to constantly fight giving the car a strange 'twisting' feel. I guess that's the 'sticky' I was describing. Many of the GT cars feel like that but could be me. Beyond that, really enjoying this game overall.

The Group 5 cars, the video I've seen they seem more controlled in the 'progressive' reference you make rather than abruptly getting that, "I'm on glass, oh no!" thing. Yes they do bust loose and you can tell the drivers do drive with that 'egg under my foot' type thing. That loss of grip is that funky 'iRacing' thing where there's that 'disconnect' from the surface and there's little to no transition. Hard to explain. Anyone who plays iRacing will likely know what I mean. Too many cars there feel very light and slippery with little actual feeling of grip or connection to a/the road.

Not a complaint as much as an observation type thing. Then again, what do I know. :confused: :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  9. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I guess it also depends on the steering wheel, I'm using a Fanatec GT3 RS and it's a blast with the Group 5, I can really control the slide as much as I want.
    Fore sure, it's not the best wheel ever but it makes a great combo with R3E, so much better than the G27 in exemple.

Of course, the cars are super powerful so there is a limit to the power I throw in or it will spin, but I'm pretty sure this would happen in real life aswell. At least, it gives me a very credible feeling :)

10. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Great fun trying out some different cars...thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the free weekend guys!

Although the public races sometimes were pretty interesting, it was fun to drive on full servers. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. CDwyer

CDwyer Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Now I want to throw money at them, refreshing waiting for the packs to come back.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  13. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yep I'm waiting for the packs to come back too. Been waiting all weekend to buy a few things!

14. Djpretface

Djpretface Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Im glad its over was fun testing some cars out. But a real race was hard to have. Loads of (mental) pepole trying to win a 20 min race in turn 1. Completely ignoring other cars on track. Mabey an idea for next time make some servers where only pepole who bought the car/pack can join so we can have clean races

15. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    free-to-play weekend review

26-06-2015 = maximum of 680 drivers
    27-06-2015 = maximum of 768 drivers
    28-06-2015 = maximum of 753 drivers

rrr.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. T_radley

T_radley Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    Thanks for this free-to-play weekend.
    I could test some cars I had intesest on but didn't consider to buy yet.
    I'm fan of modern endurance races. Therefore I enjoyed testing DP and LMP2 but also WTCC 2014
    I also could discover some circuits I didn't own yet.
    I'll probably buy some of them, as well as some GTR3. I must admit theses new skins are appealing.
    Now, I'm waiting for implementation of multiclasses races on offline races.
    Of course, online races were crash fest , as expected.

17. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    • Love it! Love it! x 3