Question Freecam speed and acceleration file settings being ignored by the game

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RWB 3vil, Jan 5, 2019.

1. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    The .RCS file (My Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet) has several camera speed and acceleration settings to which alter the way freecam behaves allowing for nice slow sweeping shots.

• Freelook Mouse Pitch Speed="0.001" // Freelook pitch speed when using mouse.
    • Freelook Mouse Yaw Speed="0.001" // Freelook yaw speed when using mouse.
    • Freelook Keyboard Pitch Speed="1.5" // Freelook pitch speed when using keyboard.
    • Freelook Keyboard Pitch Accel="4.0" // Freelook pitch acceleration when using keyboard.
    • Freelook Keyboard Pitch Decel="4.0" // Freelook pitch deceleration when using keyboard.
    • Freelook Keyboard Yaw Speed="1.5" // Freelook yaw speed when using keyboard.
    • Freelook Keyboard Yaw Accel="4.0" // Freelook Yaw acceleration when using keyboard.
    • Freelook Keyboard Yaw Decel="4.0" // Freelook Yaw deceleration when using keyboard.
    By altering the speed and especially the accel/decel you can make a camera do nice rotating/sweeping shots which are great for club promo videos, however when i alter and save these details, once in game and using freecam option the camera speed accel & decel is way to fast (default) and is clearly ignoring the alterations in the RCS file.

Am I doing something wrong in game?

Please advise. Thanks

Eg of the same PLR files edited and used in Automobiliosta for sweeping cameras example i did a while back