From GT-Sport (wish this was in RaceRoom, LOL)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NL-Jos, Oct 11, 2017.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I'm very impressed by this tool in GT-Sport.
    Wish someday this wil be possible in RaceRoom to. :p:Do_O
    This is just some Fantasy lay-out
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well imho looking at the above I am very happy people can't do this in RR! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Don't look it so black/white (dutch expression, :p), this is just a creation made in a little time.
    There is so much more to play with and i heard that it's possible, when the full game is there, to upload your own images.

4. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    does somebody knows if the Fanatec CSW V2 is compatible with GT Sport?

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Probably look better in black and white. :p with regards to the uploading of your own pictures as skins, just how long would it be before I'd have to follow a Kardashian's fat arse around?
    Not for me thanks, genuine racing liveries on genuine racing cars, going round and round genuine racing tracks is just fine.
    Beware what one wishes for. That's one from the other side of the channel, you know, that bit of rock that's drifting off to who knows where!

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Not out of the box as the fanatec csw-wheels aren‘t ps4-compatible. The only ps4-compatible fanatec-wheel is the csl elite p1 for PS4...

7. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    thats not really true, my CSW v2 is working with Project Cars 1 and DiRT Rally on my PS4. In 2015 the CSW was still compatible with the PS4. Then Fanatec had to withdraw that the CSW is compatible. Perhaps somebody will will figure it out :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Ah - ok, I didn't know that, sorry. I thought it was just planed from Fanatec but never became real due to license-issues with Sony.

9. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    when I bought my Fanatec CSW V2 I was only playing on the ps4 :) at this time it was still officially compatible, the twist with Sony came later.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec has released a compatible and licensed wheelbase, the CSL Elite PS4 meanwhile. It comes with a light wheel, their lightest so far. I own it, and I say the gear is excellent, very good quality. Other rims should work for PS4 in one of the two compatability modes of the CSL Elite, since the Sony compatability chip is in the wheelbase, not the wheelrim. (For XBox, the chip is in the wheelrim). All in all, the base offers three compatability modes: for PC, for native PS4 support, and for game-supported PS4 mode. You could even add XBox compatability by replacing the wheel with a XBox compatible wheel, then you have all platforms covered with just one base-rim combo.

I would be careful to use heavy wheelrims on the CSL Elite PS4, however. The rim that comes by default, weighs 970gr, the heaviset in the Fanatec lineup is the BMW wheel, weighing 2.2 kg. The CSL Elite base has the same motor, but different electronics and gears than the CSW 2. It also is one-belt by design, the CSW has two belts. It is designed to get along with providing less power output, but still delivering high torque and speed. With the default rim I an confirm that the wheel indeed is quite strong, very surprisingly strong, and fast. And that is becasue it is light, has lass mass. People who know both say it is stronger and better than the T300. Its silent, and very smooth.

Do not mistake the CSL Elite PS4 with the old CSL Elite. They look quite similiar, but are not. The wheelrims that come by default for both, also are very different. The rim for the PS4 kit is a massive improvement.

Good stuff, I can blindly recommend it by experience. And it is a bit cheaper.

One note on the shifter paddles, they are excellent, You expect to see this kind of switch quality in real cars. Fanatec says the interior switches of the paddles' switches are the best components they ever build into any of their wheels. They feel reel when you use them , very much so. The two kinds of leather applications also also crafted top class.

P.S. When I say the wheelrim is light, dont worry, in your hands it does not feel so. It feels like very high quality instead.

11. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys!?!?!?
    Maybe you start a new topic about Fanatec.
    :);):(:cool::p