Problem From one day to the other Raceroom stopped working

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Lino Carreira, Apr 23, 2015.

1. oops

oops Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply but where or how do I go about submiting a help desk ticket, I cant seem to find anywhere to that allows me to submit a ticket?

2. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I submitted one one week ago, logs where clean, so no luck with that

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  4. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Just a heads up that I'm still trying to figure your issue out. Had a discussion with one of our programmers earlier this morning based on your Youtube-video. It might be something to do with our rendering, but it isn't currently caught by the logs.

Since we unfortunately do not have any machines with your set up, it's hard for us to reproduce here. I'll continue to poke our devs though.

5. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you , thats all i ask :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. oops

oops Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Any news ?

8. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    No news other than that I've started talking to our rendering programmer.
    If you have any more Game_XX.log files from sessions where this issue has occurred, he's asked for them.

Check the time stamps so that they match the time when you were playing the game.

9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    What about the logs from before the issue started, would it be worth him sending a couple of them too as a comparison?

10. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Also, if you guys have any of the other experiences (DTM for example), does your native resolution work there? I just remembered that we had another player who had a similar issue with his 4k monitor, where he was still able load into races in DTM.

No, that isn't necessary. The logs are structured in such a way that the any errors will be readily visible, at least as long as we have told the game to look for those errors. If nothing turns up in these logs, our programmers will add more checks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Nope fails in all experiences, at least its consistent across the board, regarding the logs, nothing to show for :/

12. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Kinda miss playing this but cant stand not using native resolution :/ any news ?

13. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so nothing changes between each experience. Good.
    When you say you've got nothing to show with the logs, what do you mean? Are there no game_XX.log files created? (Please note that a new one should be created on every game startup, with the latest one being the one with the highest number after "Game")

If there are new logs our rendering programmer would very much like to take a look at them. If he cannot find any relevant information in them he will add new checks into the game that will look and log for such relevant information. These additional checks would then be active from the next update.

14. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Will try again today and attach whatever logs are produced here. Yesterday a new driver was released , unfortunatelly it didnt fixed it.

15. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Logs from an unsuccessfull attempt that didnt evenpassed the laucher from raceroom experience i attach also the launcher.log dunno if usefull

Attached Files:

16. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I've downloaded them and will pass them along to my colleague.

Edit: Right, so I've just had a chat with my colleague and the logs indeed will need to be supplemented with additional checks.

However, after taking a look at your video he says he has a few ideas. So, before the new checks are added there's one thing you can try.

1. Set all graphics settings to low
    2. Set resolution to 3440x1440
    3. Exit the game

Then restart and try it out.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  17. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Ok will try that as soon as i am home

18. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Sorry as i suspected no luck, i say as i suspected because whatever is happening interferes with the launcher also, i supose those settings are only applied when i start the race. anyway, nope doesnt work :/

19. oops

oops Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys I got my resolution to work at 3440x1440, I had AMD Gaming evolved overlay running and with this running it refused to run @ 3440x1440, but once I turned it off it worked :)

20. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I have no overlay except Steam itself