Fuel and laps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Munty, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Munty

Munty New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi there. New to RR and I have to say the best sim I've played for years. Well done, please keep up the good work.

I'm, a bit confused with fuel and laps, in the car set up option the fuel slider will show something like - 47l (35 laps). But the lap information bottom left says 3.3l per lap. Which would be over 100l for 30 laps.

What should I do going into races? Do I need to keep track of this in P/Q and manually set this up for each race? If that's the case what's the point in having a pit stop preset setup? (Which doesn't seem to work.) Or am I not setting something up correctly? I can't see multiple google entries with this problem so it must be something I'm doing.

Thanks.

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The fuel slider shows an estimate based on your practice or qualiyfing laps. It should be sufficiently accurate most of the time.

Which lap information box do you mean? The dashboard in the cockpit or do you use a WebHud overlay? Both should use the same data as the car setup screen.

You should always set your fuel load before going out on track. Refueling during a pit stop should be avoided whenever possible because it always costs more time than simply starting with more fuel.

You need to click on the actions in the pit stop preset screen to activate them. Actions are only carried out during a pit stop if they have a green background.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Some cars have a wrong initial fuel estimation, but after you've completed at least one lap it should use your actual fuel usage to calculate the estimates on the Car setup page.

4. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I'm interested to know which cars have a bad initial fuel estimation so I can fix them for everybody.

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I just add a
    The Silhouettes used to be over optimistic and would need more fuel than the prediction - not sure if that has been fixed in the last update.