Bug Fuel prediction and pitstops

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Arthur Spooner, May 6, 2016.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Hi everybody,

I was just having a nice race on the server set up by @Georg Ortner, which he announced in this thread.

Fuel consumption and tyre wear are set to 2x so you have to pit in a 1h race. I managed to keep my car on the road with blinking orange tyre symbols for quite some laps until 30 minutes were reached so I could get along with a single pitstop. In my preset I had set the refuelling to "Normal". At first I didn't notice but I seemed to have recieved something like 60 liters of fuel which was way to little to get along for another half hour. At least 100 liters would have been necessary. I noticed the problem the moment the fuel gauge in the mini hud went red after another 13 or so minutes.

At first I thought I got only enough fuel for what RRRE thought my tyres would last. So I went on to the 15 minutes left mark which was another lap and went to the pits again, hoping I'd get another 15 minutes worth of fuel. But I got nothing. Only tyres were changed.

At this point I ran out of ideas what could be the problem. I cruised around the track once more in 6th gear to save fuel and while I did so I tried to set an exact amount of fuel instead of "Normal". But it was not possible to change the amount of fuel on my pit preset. There was another preset for mandatory pitstops. On this preset I could change the amount of fuel to take in but this preset could not be confirmed in the pits. The button to confirm was not accessible.

So this was it. I didn't get any more fuel and didn't have enough left for another lap to make another attempt to try out whatever might come to my mind.

The only other driver left on the server at this point was @m.bohlken. He had the exact same problem.

I was driving a Mercedes SLS GT3, @m.bohlken was driving an Alpina B6 GT3. @Mich Angel was there too driving an Audi R18. I don't know if he had a similar problem, he left at some point.

Anybody have any idea what might be the problem here?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    To me it sounds that the option "Refuel -> Normal" is based on 1x fuel consumption and it´s just a wrong calculation of the game. Maybe the devs got an idea about that ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    In this case I should have recieved enough fuel for half of the rest of the race when I tried to refuel for the second time. But I got nothing.

4. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    No all was working great for me, I actualy had a sneeeze attack ( ha ha ha ) and missed a curve and wraped the car in to the wall and damage my engine so no point in staying since I couldn't watch the rest of the race ;)

5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I generally don't trust those pre-settings, best way is always to check out the average consumption during practice and then to set the values manually and saving it with your preset.
    But yeah, certainly an issue for those who have no clue and just want to play safe....

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, seems to be the way to go at the moment. But sometimes when you join in late you have no clue about your fuel consumption - except you know it already for the given car/track-combo.

Still would be nice if the devs could take a look at this. At the moment the fuel presets seem to be a bit useless. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    That was really a bit strange. I guess it is something like @Benny7881 mentioned in combination with another problem. Maybe the refueling-information was stored somewhere and so the "Pit-Crew" thought, that refueling isn't needed anymore as it was already done with the last Pitstop. But I'm not sure if there is a logic like that.

The "workaround" that @Fairman mentioned might work - I wasn't able to test it, as I had only 1l Fuel left after that second pitstop. But I think if there is such an option, it should work in the defined way.

8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, you can click (or via your "hotkeys" you've assigned) safe , risky and normal or sth. and you can determine your own fuel load, but don't forget to mark it "green" otherwise nothing will happen ;).
    Only flaw is so far, that if you drive several stints (endurance for example) with one short to the end you have to adjust manually while pitting . :(
    But guess S3 will come up with something like with GTR 2 sooner or later...

9. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Just found out at least one mistake I made...

As long as the refuelling action in the pit menu is marked green you cannot change the value. You have to disable it first, then change the value and finally re-enanble it. TBH I don't see why this is necessary, but well, next time I know... :cool:

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp, thats right - it must be unmarked first. I've noticed that during the mentioned race as the refuelling was marked by default in the Pit-Menu, but I wanted to change from "Safe" to "Normal".
    But nevertheless - the Pit-Crew should still perform the selected actions that are marked in Pit-Menu. That doesn't happen in that race

11. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Another annoying thing is, that when you set amount of fuel in pitmenu and close it without marking, it will revert it back to "Normal" or whatever you have set in preset

12. Rob

Rob Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem in a single player race with the WTCC 2013 cars, I setup the race for 1 hour, set my preset for the maximum amount of fuel which was 12, I don't know if it was liters or gallons, I started the race and ran for about 35 minutes then pitted to get tires and fuel after the pit stop I was only aloud to run for about 10 minutes and had to pit again cause I was out of fuel. What I don't get is that it said I started the race with 11.6 which would get me about 33 laps