Fuel weight ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andy Blade, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Does fuel add/remove much weight in R3e for example 100 litre laptimes to 10 litre lap times ? I don't see much difference imo anyone else ?

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I haven't really made any time comparrasing, but I feel the difference in the car behaviors, acceleration and such, so I guess it should do some difference, how much it should do though, I have no idea..
    Now you made me curious, so I will have to try this out tonight. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    For myself I've found that I always do better qualification time with the minimum amount of fuel loaded.
    So I always do my quali run with just enough fuel to do 3 laps max, doing this allow me better lap time than with even half a tank :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I remember a competition, where leaderboard was deleted because of a bug, which made it possible, to enter with 3 l of fuel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - there is definitely noteable difference. But in a race it normally maintains the same level between reduced weight due fuel-consumption and tyre-wear...

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Bit of a tricky question to answer based on how you asked this.

First off, yes, the fuel certainly has weight to it and that is calculated in game. See this Group 5 update thread to show you how the weight distribution changes based on a full tank of fuel. Just read each cars stats in the first post. The differences between no fuel and full fuel is quite substantial! :)

To answer if you will be faster with less fuel... Well, yes. Although, you would only be faster if you disable tire wear. If you have tire wear turned on, and drive long enough to burn off 90L of fuel.... I sincerely doubt you will be faster than you were at the start ;)

And as mentioned above, competitions had their leaderboards wiped a while back because there was a glitch that allowed very little fuel amounts and that allowed for faster times.

7. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    1L ;)
    Nordschleife is the best indicator that low fuel has an effect on your laptimes. It will give you up to 3kmh more topspeed on the döttinger straight and around 2sec faster laptimes overall comparing with 50L.

8. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, never tried to cheat.:D

9. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    cheat? haha more a bug I guess, but I had it the other way round. While training for thr VR VLN Events I had 110L in and wondered why others pulled away in the competition on straights :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Do you really believe in man being good?
    Once recognized, exploited next!

11. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    It can be important for qualifying, you could go out with 5L and do a fast lap and then change the fuel setup for the race.

12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I noticed when testing tonight that on bumpy tracks with much elevations I do almost exactly the same lap times, full tank against fuel for just 5-6 laps.
    My acceleration increase from the lower weight often let me shift up an extra gear before most brake points which gains me speed and time, but the low weight also get the car unsettle on crests making me lose what I gain in other parts of the track.
    So I guess it's pretty dependent on the elevations and lenght of the tracks if it's worth it or not.
    But it really do difference in car behavior, a full tanked car is way more planted but not as reactive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1