Future for American tracks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .OG Isaac, Jan 25, 2018.

?

Oval racing

1. Yay

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. Nay

52 vote(s)
    82.5%
  1. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Oval racing is fun for about 4 turns then it becomes very repetitive

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    As an old oval fan I voted for "Yay", but as already mentioned I would prefer if R3E would become the No. 1 racing sim for street / road racing (incl. modern and classic IndyCar road stuff) and iRacing concentrates exclusively on all the oval racing action (NASCAR, Dirt Track Racing, IndyCar oval stuff). Like in the 2000s, SimBin = GT + classic GT racing | Papyrus = stock car + open-wheel (oval) racing

• Like Like x 2
  3. Matthias Petz

Matthias Petz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Oval racing can be much fun, at least it was when I played Nascar 15 years before. But it is totally different from road racing and I bet this means you just can not use the current physics engine and easily model oval specs with it. so either a second physics engine or a complete flexible overhaul. Next thing would be to get cars to oval tracks - meaning permanent travelling to the States. I can not imagine S3S to be able to invest this big amount of money to be able to compete right from the start so I beliebe they stay in road racing and get better and better

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    If the physics are reliably modelled in game as it is i dont see any issue, oval or not, bends, cambers, the current game has them so adding a slightly higher bank\bend or more camber to the track shouldnt be an issue for the physics to model, think the carousel or little carousel at Nords.
    As for the cost of the trips, pretty sure the owner\s of RR could more than cover it the issue would more likely be the ROI, if the interest isnt there they wont sell, that would be the bigger problem in my eyes!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  5. Matthias Petz

Matthias Petz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Base physics are for sure the same, but don‘t you think that Nascar goes into other details deeper than Road Racing physics? Very little differences in tire pressures, temperatures or camber settings have very great effects there as far as I know. Would give a nice discussion with the physics developer about the engine‘s details.

6. Johnny Latebraker

Johnny Latebraker Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Oval braucht kein Schwanz
    Oval is not necessary (translated word by word ):D
    :p

• Funny Funny x 2